What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I picked up the Yammy RX A 1030 for just under six bills brand new so I'll play around with that a while.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Thought about getting a Epson 8100 PJ, not sure if its a good idea or not.

I did get a Niles SI-275 two channel power amplifier though. I had one before, sold it, regretted it, and now that void has been filled.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm looking to convert HDMI out from my Playbook to composite video+left/right stereo so that I can use my Playbook as my media player and interface it to my non HDMI, non networked secondary system in the the family room.

I'm looking at this....

but I'm thinking I need something more like this (below) to make it work. I can't see the converter bits being housed in a cable??. Input is required and appreciated :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mini-HDMI-to-RCA-Composite-Video-Audio-AV-CVBS-Adapter-Converter-1080p-/111577347550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19fa8735de

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'm looking to convert HDMI out from my Playbook to composite video+left/right stereo so that I can use my Playbook as my media player and interface it to my non HDMI, non networked secondary system in the the family room.

I'm looking at this....

but I'm thinking I need something more like this (below) to make it work. I can't see the converter bits being housed in a cable??. Input is required and appreciated :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mini-HDMI-to-RCA-Composite-Video-Audio-AV-CVBS-Adapter-Converter-1080p-/111577347550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19fa8735de
Yeah, I don't see how the the cable alone would work without some sort of interface since HDMI is digital. I'd think the second device is what you would need, plus you can determine the length of wire you will need or can comfortably use with the box.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
($15 amazon)Just cause of the 3D and Emma Stone.:) I hope it's way better than the first one:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I did not know they did a movie on this!

Is it any good?

The book was pretty good!
Obviously since it is a Criterion release, someone thought it was good. I have the book and I love the film as well. The film doesn't have everything in the book, but conveys the story quite well.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Obviously since it is a Criterion release, someone thought it was good. I have the book and I love the film as well. The film doesn't have everything in the book, but conveys the story quite well.
Thanks!

But......now I'm curious....what is a Criterion Release? Where do you buy these?

I have never heard of Criterion until your post above.

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
Nov 2014 I bought a Yamaha R-N500 and a pair of B&W 686 S2. In dec I needed the yamaha wifi adapter and now on tuesday I ordered the ProJect debut carbon record player.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I promised i won't buy new headphones, but i broke that one :(
Needed something cheap on-ear. $20 sen HD 201 should do the trick.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks!

But......now I'm curious....what is a Criterion Release? Where do you buy these?

I have never heard of Criterion until your post above.
The Criterion Collection is dedicated to gathering the greatest films from around the world and publishing them in editions of the highest technical quality, with supplemental features that enhance the appreciation of the art of film.
http://www.criterion.com/

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis