What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
gotta love radio shack clearance...
50ft of 12 gauge oxygen free copper, $15
12 foot high speed HDMI, $12
IR repeater, $9

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Picked up the 3D version, will give the other one to the kids.

Coraline 3D was great, so was waiting for this one. Review says probably now the best looking 3D film out:

How did you like it? I'm looking, but so far expensive for me in 3D.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How did you like it? I'm looking, but so far expensive for me in 3D.
Haven't watched it in 3D yet, but I liked the movie. Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers. Review was not top notch on the 3D though, but it was on sale on Amazon so I got it price matched at Frys. I liked the movie enough to buy it, but I'd hold out for a good price.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Haven't watched it in 3D yet, but I liked the movie. Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers. Review was not top notch on the 3D though, but it was on sale on Amazon so I got it price matched at Frys. I liked the movie enough to buy it, but I'd hold out for a good price.
Got it half price on the bay from amazons price. Read the review and they were mixed, but it seems like I'd like it for not being over done 3D, well will see soon enough.
upload_2015-2-21_13-13-10.jpeg

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

I dropped Comcast like it was hot, went with Wide Open West and did a slight upgrade of my networking hardware.

1. Nighthawk X6, I sold my R7000 so I wanted the latest at greatest, now if only there were network adapters that support it, but it is rock solid for item #2

2. Ooma for my landline. I refuse not to have a land line in my house, and I will be moving to my new home in a matter of months, so I can take my number I ported over with me. Voice Quality is excellent and no complaints so far, except for the weird dial tone music when I open the line. At less than $5.00/month for unlimited local/long distance with features, I can't complain. Just put the wire directly to my inside wire phone jack and all my lines are live

3. Since I am not doing voice/data with cable provider I got the CM400 Cable Modem from Netgear. It also is rock solid delivering all 110Mb/s internet

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So you like the Ooma? Worth the money?

I dropped Comcast like it was hot, went with Wide Open West and did a slight upgrade of my networking hardware.

1. Nighthawk X6, I sold my R7000 so I wanted the latest at greatest, now if only there were network adapters that support it, but it is rock solid for item #2

2. Ooma for my landline. I refuse not to have a land line in my house, and I will be moving to my new home in a matter of months, so I can take my number I ported over with me. Voice Quality is excellent and no complaints so far, except for the weird dial tone music when I open the line. At less than $5.00/month for unlimited local/long distance with features, I can't complaint. Just put the wire directly to my inside wire phone jack and all my lines are live

3. Since I am not doing voice/data with cable provider I got the CM400 Cable Modem from Netgear. It also is rock solid delivering all 110Mb/s internet

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I got it on sale for $109.00, They also charge you $39.00 to port in a number. its a pretty steep initial investment, but figure a 4-5 month return on investment. The main reason is I am moving from Naperville IL to Elmhurst and with VOIP I can take my number with me to the new house. Call Quality is as good as land line, or at least my comcast I had before it

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I got it on sale for $109.00, They also charge you $39.00 to port in a number. its a pretty steep initial investment, but figure a 4-5 month return on investment. The main reason is I am moving from Naperville IL to Elmhurst and with VOIP I can take my number with me to the new house. Call Quality is as good as land line, or at least my comcast I had before it
So without porting a number it's only the cost of the hardware?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Picked up the 3D version, will give the other one to the kids.

Just watched some parts of it. During the slow scenes, there's some aliasing and it can get a bit distracting. The action sequences have some parts that are overdone, but they do look pretty good; better than the review gives it credit for. Not bad, but not one of the best.

Watched Princess Kaguya and it was pretty good too.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
So without porting a number it's only the cost of the hardware?
It's the cost of the hardware, and you only pay the taxes which = $5.00 a month, with call waiting, caller ID, voice mail and unlimited local and long distance. Blows Vonage out of the water on price. If you do a lot of international, they have plans, but it becomes less of a value leader.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
So you like the Ooma? Worth the money?
Fuzz, I've had my Ooma about 8 years and it is definitely worth the money. I'm grandfathered though and don't have the fees that Cos has. No taxes or 911 service charges. Call quality is excellent. It does a take some time to get used the 'tune' instead of a dial tone, but I don't even notice it any more.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Dell Latitude E6430 laptop. I wanted the the Quad Core i7 with the nVidia graphics card. Sold the E6420 and bought this one refurbished from Dell's eBay store for $400. It also has a 256GB SSD and 8GB of RAM. Great deal IMO.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis