What do you think about what's gong on at the Capital??

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
Okay, provide evidence to support your assertions.
From an AP article.

They say most belong in state court, where defendants typically get much lighter sentences.

Most of the arrests for the Jan6 infractions were for misdemeanors and minor felonies yet the majority of them are still in D.C. jails. Thousands of rioters, looters, etc. Were arrested for much the same types of offenses or worse and almost all just let go.

If you can't put 2 + 2 together I'm not teaching you basic math.

Data research and logical reasoning isn't difficult.

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
LOL, I see you've met the forum mascot !
I've been around and know the type. All the way back to the political deathmatch bulletin boards to the Monday night football ESPN boards which happened because of Dennis Miller. Good times.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
From an AP article.

Most of the arrests for the Jan6 infractions were for misdemeanors and minor felonies yet the majority of them are still in D.C. jails. Thousands of rioters, looters, etc. Were arrested for much the same types of offenses or worse and almost all just let go.

If you can't put 2 + 2 together I'm not teaching you basic math.

Data research and logical reasoning isn't difficult.
You do realize that federal law applies to the January 6 "group" because the capitol building is a federal building? Assaulting a federal law enforcement officer is also a federal crime. I see nothing improper in charging them under federal law given the facts of the cases. You are of course free to be upset about it.

"Most of the arrests for the Jan6 infractions were for misdemeanors and minor felonies yet the majority of them are still in D.C. jails.'

This is factually incorrect.

>>At least 70% of people charged in the Capitol riot have been released as they wait for trial, according to a Guardian analysis. That high pre-trial release rate stands in stark contrast with the usual detention rates in the federal system, where only 25% of defendants nationwide are typically released before their trial.<<<

If you do not believe that article, here's a link to the status of the defendants. I have not tallied the status of each and every defendant, but an initial scan suggests that the majority are out on personal recognizance (no bail required).

You also consistently downplay the seriousness of the charges. Here's an example of the charges against one defendant, a Craig Bingert:

>>>Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Civil Disorder; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Obstructing, or Impeding Passage Through or Within, the Grounds or Any of the Capitol Buildings: Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence in the Grounds or Any of the Capitol Buildings <<

As you can see, he's out on personal recognizance. Are these charges examples of what you mean by "misdemeanors and minor felonies"?

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
You do realize that federal law applies to the January 6 "group" because the capitol building is a federal building? Assaulting a federal law enforcement officer is also a federal crime. I see nothing improper in charging them under federal law given the facts of the cases. You are of course free to be upset about it.

"Most of the arrests for the Jan6 infractions were for misdemeanors and minor felonies yet the majority of them are still in D.C. jails.'

>>At least 70% of people charged in the Capitol riot have been released as they wait for trial, according to a Guardian analysis. That high pre-trial release rate stands in stark contrast with the usual detention rates in the federal system, where only 25% of defendants nationwide are typically released before their trial.<<<

If you do not believe that article, here's a link to the status of the defendants. I have not tallied the status of each and every defendant, but an initial scan suggests that the majority are out on personal recognizance (no bail required).

You also consistently downplay the seriousness of the charges. Here's an example of the charges against one defendant, a Craig Bingert:

>>>Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting; Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers; Civil Disorder; Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds; Obstructing, or Impeding Passage Through or Within, the Grounds or Any of the Capitol Buildings: Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence in the Grounds or Any of the Capitol Buildings <<

As you can see, he's out on personal recognizance. Are these charges examples of what you mean by "misdemeanors and minor felonies"?
You realize that was my point? No? Eh. I'm nocturnal will be back to dissect this. Gday.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You realize that was my point? No? Eh. I'm nocturnal will be back to dissect this. Gday.
I get the point that your trying to make bro. Charges that happened on federal buildings were different then charges applied at the local level.

But that only happened in certain areas like Portland. With Wheeler. But that was the choice of him and his DA. It totally blew up in his face too which was interesting. The very people he's trying to appease were eating him alive as much as everyone else

I also like Mr Clark am having trouble seeing the whole connection thing though with attorneys. I know a lot friends that are attorneys as Mr Clark said they rely on clients coming through theyre front door they don't have the flexibility to pick and choose an agenda

Now I can see how a prosecuting DA can influence events if they have a particular agenda but that swings both ways both Republican and Democrat Depends on what political side they lean.

But that's been going on forever it's another byproduct of living in the system

If anything unregulated capitalism is where I can see some of where your coming from. Like what happened with Big Pharma with the opiate epidemic and how they manipulated the system through money to get away with it. That's an example where a lot of corruption had to be in play on several levels. Heck they even overturned the FBI investigation 60 minutes did a great peice covering it and it's crazy what happened and what they got away with.

It's hard to see this massive political conspiracy for me though because it's always going to depend on which political party is in control of an area. But that flip flops too much to always be consistent. I mean this country is literally split 50 50 between the 2 parties the difference is in the independent voters and that varies a lot on which way they are going to vote

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
I get the point that your trying to make bro. Charges that happened on federal buildings were different then charges applied at the local level.

But that only happened in certain areas like Portland. With Wheeler. But that was the choice of him and his DA. It totally blew up in his face too which was interesting. The very people he's trying to appease were eating him alive as much as everyone else

I also like Mr Clark am having trouble seeing the whole connection thing though with attorneys. I know a lot friends that are attorneys as Mr Clark said they rely on clients coming through theyre front door they don't have the flexibility to pick and choose an agenda

Now I can see how a prosecuting DA can influence events if they have a particular agenda but that swings both ways both Republican and Democrat Depends on what political side they lean.

But that's been going on forever it's another byproduct of living in the system

If anything unregulated capitalism is where I can see some of where your coming from. Like what happened with Big Pharma with the opiate epidemic and how they manipulated the system through money to get away with it. That's an example where a lot of corruption had to be in play on several levels. Heck they even overturned the FBI investigation 60 minutes did a great peice covering it and it's crazy what happened and what they got away with.

It's hard to see this massive political conspiracy for me though because it's always going to depend on which political party is in control of an area. But that flip flops too much to always be consistent. I mean this country is literally split 50 50 between the 2 parties the difference is in the independent voters and that varies a lot on which way they are going to vote
I guess I should explain my original statement then.

Lawyers, activist judges, politicians are all very similar and work together to keep each other employed.
Anyone who has been around the courts or politics understands that the majority of politicians and judges are themselves lawyers hence why I lump them together. Like anything in life people tend to look after their own and those who are similar. This happens in the military, it happens in govt agencies, and it has happened in our court system.

I've been around .gov DOD agencies for over 30 years and see this in all aspects. A LOT of the waste in our govt is in manpower because no one wants to get rid of their friend. This happens at pretty much all agencies, the State Department is the worst. They just grow and grow and grow

If you really take a look at the court system though you see the same thing has happened all the way from traffic court to criminal court. Not to mention in areas such as SSI proceedings, real estate, zoning, etc. Everywhere you need a lawyer, judge, or some bureaucrat for checks and balances.

They are all big giant job and money makers for lawyers and it is all growing. Where it bothers me the most though is the court systems which have become a revolving door with many violent criminals being prior offenders.

People talk about gun violence. If the courts actually enforced firearm laws properly the violence in our cities would drop by half within a year. Yet they don't

I'm definitely not saying all lawyers, judges, or govt workers are evil or anything but human nature begets us to take care of our own kind and it's problematic when systems start turning into large bureaucratic messes.

D

Dal1as

Junior Audioholic
You do realize that federal law applies to the January 6 "group" because the capitol building is a federal building? Assaulting a federal law enforcement officer is also a federal crime. I see nothing improper in charging them under federal law given the facts of the cases. You are of course free to be upset about it
I never disputed this.

Yes I was partially wrong. They did begin releasing some of them in March. Most of them were in there for 2 to 3 months though for very low level charges. There are about 50 to 60 left who are still detained and being abused.

From your own article.

Many Capitol defendants are being released ahead of trial because they are facing relatively low-level charges, experts said

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've been around and know the type. All the way back to the political deathmatch bulletin boards to the Monday night football ESPN boards which happened because of Dennis Miller. Good times.
Your type are easily recognized by having two interchangeable parts: A mouth and a rectum.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
We'll have to disagree on BLM. I know they got hijacked by the Marxist movement but even when it started during the Obama administration it was based on lies. In each and every case they used. Hands up don't shoot. Give me a break.

FBI statistics don't lie either. More white people get shot by police than black people even though a much larger percentage of violent police interactions are with black people.

There is a problem with our police forces and our court system. That's for sure but no one wants to make the hard decision.
One of the founders of BLM is a self-avowed Marxist- she's the one who bought a $1M+ house to go along with her other house(s) and when members of BLM found out, they were very disillusioned.

WRT people not getting an appropriate penalty for their crimes, this week, a 12 year old boy was bludgeoned to death by his grandfather and his 8 year old brother was badly injured. The GF had been convicted of first degree reckless homicide in 1990. From the link, "Martina, 53, beat Andre R. Smith II with a mallet, a sledgehammer, two belts, a coat rack and a cane over the course of 60 to 90 minutes in his home on the 4600 block of North 46th Street on Milwaukee’s north side."

highfigh

highfigh

I have to ask and I'm not trying to be insulting. Is English your 2nd language or our you just high?
He lives in Sweden- several members use English as their second or third language. To be honest, his use of English, spelling and punctuation are better than that of many people who were born in the US and may not have ever spoken another language. Don't know if he uses a spell checker.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Danzilla said.....

When you consider the average demographic of his voting base thats not too far stretched of a theory

But it was more serious then that. Gaslit or not they made the choice to go in. There is personal responsibility they will have to face. I mean there were people in the crowd who when they saw what was happening left and walked away.

I guess that's how I feel about my party right now. When I see how his base is and what my party has become I can either walk in with the crowd. Or choose to walk away

I'm making that choice to walk away. It's the only way I know how to put my feelings into words.

I.dont know what I'm walking to yet kindoff lost on that part but I don't know I'm hoping 2022 and 2024 might give me some answers or ideas on what I can get behind or support
I'm getting tired of the 'It's Trump and his base and not the rest of the Republicans' gobbledegook. You've chosen to speak out, but you don't speak for everyone else. They've decided to stay silent, and four years of lying to cover up for him doesn't give you any safeguard. I find it rather trivial whether it was an insurrection, insurrection lite, or idiots drinking beer and taking pictures of themselves inside the capitol. In Dallas' case, it's obvious creating doubt where there's no doubt. Some of the overhead shots of Trumpians taking flag polls and jamming security while their down was rather brutal. Looks to me like it's all about softening what the alt-right did. Or you can just call em out, as a Republican. Or look stupid continuing the conversation.... I'd say there isn't any real winner with the Georgy Floyd riots or the Capitol.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I think I may be more concerned about Bannon, than Trump himself.
Steve Bannon Out in the Open - The Bulwark

And then there was Bannon, who said that “we’re putting together a coalition that’s going to govern for 100 years” while selling the Big Lie.

Remind you of anyone?

I intend to set up a thousand-year Reich

Well, at least Bannon is tempering his ambitions for longevity of the regime.
I believe you're suggesting that Bannon is Hitler divided by 10? :)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The source comes from Rolling Stone so make of it what you will. It goes back into what someone said initially about the committee was investigating the possibility a few of the politicians might have been involved.

Edit: I'm leaning towards it isn't. Claiming a dozen or more meetings amongst politicians is extremely stupid.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The source comes from Rolling Stone so make of it what you will. It goes back into what someone said initially about the committee was investigating the possibility a few of the politicians might have been involved.

Edit: I'm leaning towards it isn't. Claiming a dozen or more meetings amongst politicians is extremely stupid.
There was a war room in Trump's hotel in DC, costing a fortune payed by the RNC.
Investigating chairman is certainly implying a number(7) of Republican congressmen or perhaps their staff participating.
But, we'll see when it is all over.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic

The Republican Party is replete with traitors both in and outside of Congress right now and are the nations greatest threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis