What Audiobook/Ebook Have You Heard/Read Lately? + Library Resources

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I tried looking and did not find a thread on this subject. I know there is a thread on books read lately.
Here are some free library resources apps recommendations. You can find both on the Google Play Store:
Hoopla: All free. Streaming Movies and TV shows, comic books, music, audio and ebooks.
Libby: All free. Ebooks and Audio books.
All you need is your library card barcode info and pin code(usually the last four numbers on your phone number) and that's it.
Please post your latest.
Your Welcome and Enjoy.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
FWIW I don't use them at all.
There is alot of electronic books on those sites. Maybe you'd be interested in those. Anyway just wanted to give some resources to people who love to read or just listen to Audio books as an alternative. The cool thing also is the Free New Movies/TV shows on Hoopla that you or others might be interested in as an alternative to NF and Prime. Enjoy. :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm old fashioned, still read paper books :) Might check out the Hoopla thing but then I'd need a library card and I have been procrastinating about setting something up there. Thanks, tho!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Finished my first audiobook(All We Ever Wanted) last week and it was a great experience. One of the reason was the narration, especially Milton Bagby. The book was well paced/written and deserves all the great reviews it has garnered. I'd give it **** out of ***** stars. Looking forward to listening to more books by Emily Giffin. On to the next one...
1561391663444.png

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^
Couldn't get into that one. Too repetitive.
Next up is a highly praised book, which I had on hold for two months on Libby. Finally. ✌
515oqAH-RTL.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I love to read. When I was a kid and well into my 20's I was always reading one book or another. I still do read a lot, but it's all online now. I've thought about e books. I never tried it out tho.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^
Couldn't get into that one. Too repetitive.
Next up is a highly praised book, which I had on hold for two months on Libby. Finally. ✌
View attachment 30410
Really enjoyed this book. When I was younger in the 80's I enjoyed old movies from the 40s 50s and 60s. I read alot of bios from alot of actresses so the author did a great job with this fictional work. Highly recommend it. Five stars.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I saw this the other day and then an Audible offer popped up on my screen while getting in bed so thought why not, soothing voice might help me sleep or start a good dream or something....

I was surprised to see I already owned a book on Audible I think I searched for once but never bought. So I started to listen to it but it was somewhat political and just wasn't good for bedtime so I used a freebie offer and thought it'd be nice to have someone read me The Hobbit....but couldn't listen long. Guess who gets hired as well as recording quality has something to do with this....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I saw this the other day and then an Audible offer popped up on my screen while getting in bed so thought why not, soothing voice might help me sleep or start a good dream or something....

I was surprised to see I already owned a book on Audible I think I searched for once but never bought. So I started to listen to it but it was somewhat political and just wasn't good for bedtime so I used a freebie offer and thought it'd be nice to have someone read me The Hobbit....but couldn't listen long. Guess who gets hired as well as recording quality has something to do with this....
Yep I've had to stop listening just because of the voice artists. It happens. The Emily Griffin /Taylor Jenkins Reid(Jennifer Beal(Flash dance) does the voice for Daisy Jones) books have fantastic voice artists. You also have to be in the mood. Don't give up + it's free with a library card.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bump haven't read anything lately, but gotta motivate myself. Any good reads guys? I might start this one:
15BOOKPESSL-articleLarge.jpg

Last edited:
Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
I love ebooks and Audible.
I use my iphone 7+ as my reader and main listening device for Audible paired with the latest Jaybird wireless earbuds...great system imo.
I'm listening to "Rats, Bats and Vats" at the moment...read it a long time ago...the narrator does a great job. Currently reading "The Regiment", an old book that I had to do a lot of searching to find a digital copy but I found one.

I love the ability to carry my entire library with me wherever I go.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis