Are you a victim of Brad Vojtech and Revelation Audio Labs?

S

StopRALnow

Audiophyte
Are one of the dozens of audiophiles who have paid Brad Vojtech of Revelation Audio Labs for a cable and not gotten it? We are now forming a support group for anyone who has been a victim. We will provide helpful information as to who you can contact to help you, as a victim of fraud, work towards stopping Brad Vojtech from scamming other innocent victims.
NOTE: He is still occasionally shipping cables, usually USB and iPod cables. But most orders, especially for speaker cables, are not being filled, probably because he doesn't have the raw materials to make them. DON'T TAKE A CHANCE! Complaints about unshipped cables go back to 2006!
Before we get to the helpful links and information, here are a few things you can do.

FIRST, talk about Revelation Audio Labs and Brad Vojtech on every audiophile and AV forum you can find. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do a search first to make sure no one else has posted this notice. If you don't see a thread with "Revelation Audio Labs" and "Brad Vojtech" in the title, start one. This will assist anyone who is searching for information to find what they need. Also, when discussing RAL and Vojtech in the individual posts on the thread, make sure you actually include the keywords "Revelation Audio Labs" and "Brad Vojtech" in the body of your comment. This will help our complaints show up high in the google rankings, hopefully warning anyone who is looking for RAL cables.
Keep in mind many forums are cautious and will reflexively lock or delete the thread. Don't give up! Write the forum staff and ask them to reconsider, as a kindness to the audiophile community. Ask them to carefully read this message and check the links to prove we are a serious group with a very real and official complaint, which they can confirm by contacting the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Office of the Attorney General, State of Florida (links below).

SECOND, please include cross-links to threads on other forums regarding this situation. Again, this will help them to show high in the google results.

THIRD, please write a short description of your experience and send it to Stereophile, The Absolute Sound, and any other audio magazine or website you can find. Many of us have written both Stereophile and TAS, but as of yet they have not chosen to investigate for themselves or publish any sort of warning. Keep the pressure on, but politely. An investigation and report by one of the major magazines would be extremely helpful in preventing Brad Vojtech from defrauding more people.
Stereophile: john.atkinson-at-sourceinterlink.com
The Absolute Sound: support-at-avguide.com
Positive Feedback: drobinson-at-positive-feedback.com
(Feel free to add more contact information for other magazines or websites.)

FORTH, pass along the basics of your case and any non-private information to us. We are putting together a master file of all cases. This is required in order to get some of the more serious legal and governmental agencies to pay attention to our case (eg, filing it with the FBI as an "ongoing criminal enterprise"). Please pass along what you can, the advantages will be enormous. Supply only that information you feel comfortable with sharing, or that has been made public when you filed your complaints. If you have previously contacted any governmental organizations regarding this case, a contact and case number will be extremely helpful so all complaints funnel to the same person. Information regarding his use of the United States Postal Service to "not ship" cables while providing alleged USPS tracking numbers (via forged "Click and Ship" invoices) is EXTREMELY helpful. The US Postal Inspection Service is notoriously aggressive, but while they are already looking into this, we need to provide them with enough cases to move us up on their list.

FIFTH, contact PayPal and your credit card company to report your loss, even if the time limit on getting a refund is past! Vojtech is famous for dragging things out and making promises until the deadline for disputes has passed, then ignoring all further communications. Even if you can't get you money back, PayPal and the credit card companies takes these complaints very seriously and if enough of them pile up, he will have his PayPal account suspended, which would be a significant victory in protecting others from future losses.

The most recent contact information for Revelation Audio Labs and Brad Vojtech:
Brad Vojtech/Revelation Audio Labs
26 Eastmoor Lane
Palm Coast, FL 32164
Tel: 386-586-3653, (386) 503-4472
Fax: 386-437-5523
This will be needed for any filed complaints. This information changes from time to time as Vojtech cancels phone numbers, etc. Help us keep it up to date!

Here is our contact email: StopRALnow@gmail.com
And a short note: Don't let this keep you from buying audio gear from small companies. I've been an audiophile since 1974 and this is the first time I've ever had any problems. Just be careful and use the power of the internet to do research and keep yourself safe.

HELP FOR THOSE DEFRAUDED BY REVELATION AUDIO LABS

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Consumer Services
2005 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
Telephone: (850) 488-2221
Toll-free within FL: (800) 435-7352

Office of Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050
Attorney General Bill McCollum: ag.mccollum@myfloridalegal.com
Tel: 850-414-3300
Fraud Hotline: 1-866-966-7226

Go to "Consumer Protection," then "File a Complaint."

You may also wish to contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a combined effort of the National White Collar Crime Center and the FBI to combat Internet fraud, by telephone at (800) 251-7581, or visit that agency's website.

The following websites may also be helpful to you:
FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection

Federal Trade Commission
Toll-free: (877) 382-4357

Better Business Bureau of Northeast Florida
Phone: (904) 721-2288

Finally, Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act provides individuals with a private remedy to bring an action for damages, attorney's fees and court costs. If you need help finding a lawyer, The Florida Bar offers a Lawyer Referral Service which you may contact toll-free at (800) 342-8060. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, you may be eligible for low cost or pro bono assistance through a local legal aid office. The Florida Bar can assist you with this process.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I can't decide if I consider this spam or not. Any thoughts from the rest of you?

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Clearly spam. While I won't argue with the fact that the cables are snake oil, this guy clearly has something out for that company.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I can't decide if I consider this spam or not. Any thoughts from the rest of you?
Adam, I was thinking the same thing. Figured this thread would be closed down rather quickly. My guess is that it is just a matter of time.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What does Majorloser "On It" have anything to do with this thread?

LOL...........oh Lord get the spray! :eek::eek: It is really getting deep here. :D:D Leave it to Mazer...........LOL!!!! ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I wouldn't call this post SPAM by a long shot. The reality that most Audioholics are well beyond the deception of the snake oil dealers of this nature is a testament to the quality of minds of the people here. But, that doesn't mean that this company, which is over charging by hundreds for basic A/V cabling and then not delivering the product is nothing less than criminal.

Companies work hard to build up a quality reputation. Some companies are worth every penny you spend, even when you can get it for a bit less (Blue Jeans Cable), others are inexpensive and great quality (Monoprice), but to then have a company that is neither worth the money, and not able to deliver the product or maintain top shelf customer service is an atrocity.

I hope this post doesn't not get closed down, but I do expect that within a few days this post will disappear into the second page and onward, as the members of this site tend to shy away from snake oil.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Clearly spam. This is the OP's first post. I feel sorry for everyone who falls for the high end cable scam but I absolutely loathe using the internet this way. The guy has a personal problem with a vendor. He needs to deal with it personally.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I don't think I'd call it spam.............annoying, maybe. But, the op seems to have really done his research on this vendor. I suppose what the OP doesn't get is that this is an objectivist site and the rank and file don't buy overpriced cabling to begin with....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Something that I don't like about it is that it's a forum version of a chain letter. It's not just that it's a first-post complaint, but that it gives detailed instructions about how to proliferate it.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Something that I don't like about it is that it's a forum version of a chain letter. It's not just that it's a first-post complaint, but that it gives detailed instructions about how to proliferate it.
I agree. There are much more useful and intelligent ways of writing about a problem vendor. Anybody who's followed this forum knows that we are constantly discussing snake oil cable vendors and warning people away from them. It would have been more effective to appeal directly to people through a personal message that did not sound like a form letter and did not use personal attacks.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Clearly spam. This is the OP's first post. I feel sorry for everyone who falls for the high end cable scam but I absolutely loathe using the internet this way. The guy has a personal problem with a vendor. He needs to deal with it personally.
Isn't that sorta like rebelling against your government by yourself if they do something wrong to you and others like you?

I don't feel like this is spam, nor just a personal vendetta. Someone thought they could bring a stop to a scam by making it widely known. I agree it will help, but it won't win the battle by itself either.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Isn't that sorta like rebelling against your government by yourself if they do something wrong to you and others like you?
Seth, This is america, We dont rebel against the government ;)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't see a problem with this post. It looks like there is enough specific information in this post that the person and company listed could take legal action if there is no basis for the crimes being alledged. The anonymity of the poster making the charges can easily be broken by a court order should the person or company challenge these claims and sue for damages for slander or libel.

On the other hand, if there is any basis to the claims, this very well could end up being a public service of sorts. Maybe a drive-by lurker will see this who has been taken by the company but given up hope of satisfaction. The post is also specific enough in detail about contacting authorities that on the surface, it looks like an attempt to stop an actual criminal enterprise.

Honestly, I have not heard of the person, the company or anything relevant to this situation before this post. From what I've seen, internet vendettas are not this specific and generally eshew contact with authorities and giving up anonymity. It looks to me like a matter that will be decided by legal means through the courts, one way or the other. My simple understanding of class action suits, if this is the course the OP is intending to pursue, is that the complainant needs to locate and identify enough victims to justify the suit. So my reaction would be to let this stand and let the legal process take it's course.

O

OldRick

Audiophyte
Brad is still treating customers poorly, and I would recommend against buying from him.
On Dec. 21, 2019 I ordered and prepaid for an HDMI cable from him, based on his email that "I am pleased to inform you that I will have your custom 2-ft. length at your door by week’s end for the special price…"
Three weeks later no cable, no contact, and he claims a "family emergency" just as he has done many times in the past.
NOT recommended.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
...or Monoprice. They have super slim HDMI 2.0 cables for just a few bucks. THAT is money well spent!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis