What are you watching tonight?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Awesome documentary on Netflix called The Black Godfather, about the amazing Clarence Avant.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Awesome documentary on Netflix called The Black Godfather, about the amazing Clarence Avant.
I saw this the other night, incredible! I heard the name from time to time, but never new who he was or what he did.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
The 4K Atmos version?

How is the Atmos overhead effects of Passengers?
Unfortunately not the 4k version. I am still on a 1080 display...for now. I'm hoping to get a better idea who will come out on top of the 4k vs. 8k battle that is setup to come to a head around 4th quarter this year. With such limited media for both, and with the trend pushing toward to streaming priority, I do not want to rely on my ISP for quality audio and video (Comcast is ridiculous).

Then we have the striation of the streaming market. Netflix is trying to catch up to the high res audio that is associated with the 4k titles, but is moving slow. The other providers usually have one or the other, picture quality or audio quality.

I wonder if physical disks from Netflix/Redbox will see an uptick as a result of this?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Unfortunately not the 4k version. I am still on a 1080 display...for now. I'm hoping to get a better idea who will come out on top of the 4k vs. 8k battle that is setup to come to a head around 4th quarter this year. With such limited media for both, and with the trend pushing toward to streaming priority, I do not want to rely on my ISP for quality audio and video (Comcast is ridiculous).

Then we have the striation of the streaming market. Netflix is trying to catch up to the high res audio that is associated with the 4k titles, but is moving slow. The other providers usually have one or the other, picture quality or audio quality.

I wonder if physical disks from Netflix/Redbox will see an uptick as a result of this?
Probably not any significant visual difference with 2K vs 4K vs 8K, but it’s cool to know you have the latest greatest. :D

Probably in 5 years, a lot of things (like the JVC PJ) will be 8K.

The Atmos/DTSX overhead sound is really the cool thing now.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
StarGate SG1 season 10...last season...love that show
Me too - I have all the DVDs and have been re visiting them on Amazon Prime lately. Just started watching Stargate Atlantis for the first time.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Probably not any significant visual difference with 2K vs 4K vs 8K, but it’s cool to know you have the latest greatest. :D

Probably in 5 years, a lot of things (like the JVC PJ) will be 8K.

The Atmos/DTSX overhead sound is really the cool thing now.
Yeah, it's unfortunate that Atmos is difficult to find on standard Blu-ray. At least the newest titles seem to offer it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Me too - I have all the DVDs and have been re visiting them on Amazon Prime lately. Just started watching Stargate Atlantis for the first time.
SG-1 and Atlantis were both awesome. Never watched Universe. Didn't go over well from what I've heard.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Finally watched Mad Max 3D. Amazing 3D and great eye candy as well.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
SG-1 and Atlantis were both awesome. Never watched Universe. Didn't go over well from what I've heard.
Yeah I never watched even one episode of Universe. So far Atlantis seems pretty good.
BTW American Greed on CNBCHD tonight.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Watched A Star is Born.

It was a good movie and Lady Gaga had an amazing performance and what a catchy song. :)

Glad to see Dave Chappelle and Andrew Dice Clay back in the movies too. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched God's Of Egypt in 3D. Maybe one of the best looking movie I've seen visually this year. The movie provided great depth. Lots of dark scenes that worked and some that didn't(I usually watch the regular bluray before the 3D version, but was too hyped to see the 3D). Only about 3 pop outs. The depth really shined on this movie for sure. Highly recommend.
1561390203908.png

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis