What are you watching tonight?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched Preacher E02-E03. I like this show a lot. Very exciting and mysterious. :D

If the entire season were released (like Netflix), I would finish the entire season of Preacher in about 2 days. :D

IMO, Preacher is another WINNER from AMC.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oz the Great and Powerful B+ This has to be one of the most beautiful PQ I've seen in a while. I wanna see the 3D version one day.

Netflix EP 1 Heartless Great dark danish series.

I saw the first episode of Preacher great series so far.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Arrived today new title on Laserdisc

The Devil's Advocate (1997)
Dolby AC-3 - PLIIx / Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System / JBL

Picture was laserdisc fine
Sound Dolby AC-3 was way better than the DVD.

Laserdisc AC-3, definitely my favorite sin. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Was just curious. I ordered the Bluray should be here this weekend. I have it on DVD, so I wanted to see how good it looked on BD.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Watched 3 Episodes of Arrow S3 ..going to finish the season off tonight and get back to the "Flash"

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Finished watching "Warrior 2011" last night. Man, that was a great movie.

Also watched the new show "Animal Kingdom" S01E01-03. Pretty good.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Started watching the Brit series on Amazon Prime, Strike Down after we finished Hunted.
Wow, those Brit series are not prude about the s e x scenes. ;)
Could be called X rated. :D

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
while waiting for the clothes to wash & dry I watched a few episodes.

I've got the entire series on DVD.

IMG_0543.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched Amadeus on Bluray. Can't believe it's 32 year old already. One of my favs.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Just watched "Trumbo" on Netflix. It was surprisingly very, very good. I expected a dry, boring biopic but they fleshed this one out really well. Even though you know how it ends, they keep your interest for every minute. And, there's some fine acting from some old standards and new faces as well.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Started watching the Brit series on Amazon Prime, Strike Down after we finished Hunted.
Wow, those Brit series are not prude about the s e x scenes. ;)
Could be called X rated. :D
You mean Strike Back (5 seasons, Cinemax) ?

I loved that series. :D

As far as action and sex, have you seen Cinemax's other series like Banshee (4 seasons) ? Love that one.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You mean Strike Back (5 seasons, Cinemax) ?

I loved that series. :D

As far as action and sex, have you seen Cinemax's other series like Banshee (4 seasons) ? Love that one.
Oh, yes, that's the one. Back, down, with all sex I lost the full title.;)
Is this a Brit produced? for Cinemax?
Did you see Hunted? One season but is good as well.
I'll have to check out that Banshee. Do all of Cinemax have all that sex in them?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, yes, that's the one. Back down, with all sex I lost the full title.;)
Is this a Brit produced? for Cinemax?
Did you see Hunted? One season but is good as well.
I'll have to check out that Banshee. Do all of Cinemax have all that sex in them?
I am not sure if Strike Back & Hunted were British produced, but they seemed to have that "Cinemax feel" to them.

Cinemax seems to be pretty hardcore. :D

When you watch the 4 awesome seasons of "Banshee", you will feel that Cinemax imprint as well. Very unrestrained and hardcore. :)

I am 1/2 way through "Hunted". If my wife doesn't want to continue with "Hunted", I may have to watch without her. :)

Another new Cinemax show I've saved and been meaning to watch is "The Knick" (2 seasons so far). It seems like the typical hardcore Cinemax produced show.

Cinemax's newest show is "Outcast". I haven't gotten into this show yet either.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Returning Lonesome Dove BD. One of the best western ever A+++. The noise is impossible to ignore I don't how they had the gull to release this. The night scenes are horrid. The noise is the also noted in the bright outdoor scenes. My DVD does not have this grain at all and looks ten times better. The only great thing is the face closeups are nice and clear, but the constent noise ruined it for me. I'm holding out for a better transfer. It's going back to Amazon. :mad: I'm surprise they didn't let me keep it and refunded me my 5 bucks, but they want it back.:D

Screen Shots:

It even looks worse in person If you can believe that.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I am not sure if Strike Back & Hunted were British produced, but they seemed to have that "Cinemax feel" to them.

Then I am curious why the Brit context, Brit mil intel. Very similar to the US series a few years back The Unit.
Thanks for the others. Will check them out while wife is away to see if suitable for her. ;)

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I watched Rubber on Netflix tonight because it's leaving at the end of the month. If you like weird, surreal indy films, check it out. I would definitely put it up there with Dead Hooker in a Trunk.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis