What are you watching tonight?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's a short so couldn't use the media video. It's hilarious. BBC reporter spoof who interviews experts with goofy stories but keeps a straight face. Can't remember her name, but classic.:)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1691872226691.png

1691872273075.png

Did a double take but yes that was a young Janet Jackson in the 70s sitcom. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Golf all day various tournaments. Too hot to play here in NE Florida but at least I can watch. :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
My figure...

Oh wait, this is about TV shows. lol.

Hopefully, I'll have time tonight to watch "Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken" / (English name: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) with the wife.
I could never get my wife to watch that with me. . When it comes to anime it's Ghibli or nothing. We'll, she did enjoy Summer Wars. Good movie.

BBHT

BBHT

Junior Audioholic
I could never get my wife to watch that with me. . When it comes to anime it's Ghibli or nothing. We'll, she did enjoy Summer Wars. Good movie.
I don't blame your wife. A lot of new stuff is very samey, IMO. But she has good tastes liking Summer Wars. Watched it on an ANA long haul flight.
Perhaps your wife might like to try "Last Exile", a steam punk series from like the early 2000s. The soundtrack is good too (though I seem to have lost my copy in the move to Singapore)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I don't blame your wife. A lot of new stuff is very samey, IMO. But she has good tastes liking Summer Wars. Watched it on an ANA long haul flight.
Perhaps your wife might like to try "Last Exile", a steam punk series from like the early 2000s. The soundtrack is good too (though I seem to have lost my copy in the move to Singapore)
She might like that one but will only watch dubbed anime. Doesn't like reading subtitles for an entire show. I've been watching anime for decades so I've grown to enjoy the Japanese dialogue and voice acting style and I'm used to subtitles.

We're at a friend's cottage and sat for a movie. My nephew's tablet could not stream to the projector because the latest streaming apps from Netflix, Disney and Crave all block HDMI output from the tablet. WTF? Ending up watching Howl's Moving Castle as my son had it on USB. :D

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Been trying to watch Miracle Workers this year but I just can't get into it. All-star cast and pretty good early but this year I don't particularly like the story line. I think I'm done with this show.

BBHT

BBHT

Junior Audioholic
I finally sat down last night to watch Terminator: Dark Fate.

I went in knowing it was not a good movie, so in that regard it didn't disappoint.
I just don't know what they were trying to achieve with this movie.
To me, it seemed like they wanted to recapture the feeling from the first movie, but failed.
There are many points I can raise on why the movie really disappoints, but I won't bother.

All I can say is, movie is definitely miss worthy. If you need to watch Terminator, 1 and 2 are your best bets.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Tried to watch the new Asooka Star Wars thingy....
The opening with the rescue of the prisoner was beyond lame.
Then I fast forwarded a bit and nothing to see....the sets look very cheap. Saw a really bad robot fight.
Asooka or whatever her name is is very boring. Her battle scenes were laughable...striking Vogue poses.

Fast forwarded some more and saw a lightsaber battle between two girls...yawn.
Deleted the folder and the two files...not worth the space. I tried.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I finally sat down last night to watch Terminator: Dark Fate.

I went in knowing it was not a good movie, so in that regard it didn't disappoint.
I just don't know what they were trying to achieve with this movie.
To me, it seemed like they wanted to recapture the feeling from the first movie, but failed.
There are many points I can raise on why the movie really disappoints, but I won't bother.

All I can say is, movie is definitely miss worthy. If you need to watch Terminator, 1 and 2 are your best bets.
Agreed after 1 and 2 the franchise definitely went downhill fast.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
More golf the PGA playoffs are nearing an end. 3 weeks for the NFL regular season. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
More golf the PGA playoffs are nearing an end. 3 weeks for the NFL regular season. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Yes looking forward to the NFL too and tonight I’m watching college football while streaming Steely Dan. Football is my favorite sport and the only one of the big 4 with a real off-season so i appreciate it when it returns. I can’t miss something if it never really goes away.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Looks like it sorta made it. Not quite on par with the great classic tv shows, but I've seen it play on cable tv. I don't think Johnny Depp looks fondly back on it, but it did delve into quite a few important topics. I remember after Jump Street seeing Depp in things like Edward Scissorhands and Cry Baby. It was pretty sweet.
1693107823707.png

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Finished S1 of The Diplomat. Really enjoyed that and looking forward to season two.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Finished S1 of The Diplomat. Really enjoyed that and looking forward to season two.
Yes, good show. If at least her staff numbers anywhere real, it is phenomenal. I guess it is needed.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis