What are you watching tonight?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Last weekend was a Jaws marathon with 4, 3, 2, 1. I'd rank them as 1, 2, 3, 4 LOL. Revenge has the odd Jaws following the Brody family to their new location. Van Peebles being grabbed by Jaws but somehow living. Jaws growling when hit with the sonic beam dealie, and Jaws of course exploding when pierced by the boat's rod. Talking about writing yourself in a corner LOL. Part 3 looks very dated today with the 3-D. A lazy time waster.
Nothing can touch the original...

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
We watched the Dead and Company's Final show at San Francisco from July 16 2023 tonight.

Chester the cat brought in a dragonfly, made a ruckus. And ate it.

Then during the last encore Chester brought in a snake.

Chester is on the right. Boo is on the left.

2023 07 23 20 18 44.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Been binging almost human from 2012 or so. Never watched it when it was on live. I understand that is was based on a British show with the same name which was supposed to be better. I don't care I'm hooked on this. :)

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Watching 12 Monkeys, the series. Just Excellent.
The movie was so-so. The series takes the basic premise and goes beyond the limits with it over 4 seasons.
Time Travel done right....finally.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
New episode of star trek strange new worlds on Paramount every week. I am starting to really like this show character development, storylines, etc. Getting to be one of my favorite star trek franchises.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
New episode of star trek strange new worlds on Paramount every week. I am starting to really like this show character development, storylines, etc. Getting to be one of my favorite star trek franchises.
I saw some folk complain about the S2E1 when it first aired. I finally watched it over the weekend. I disagree and think it was solid entertainment. Not gonna win any awards, but I've really enjoyed SNW, especially over the other two reboots with Discovery and Picard.

It has been announced the next season of Discovery will be the end for that show.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I saw some folk complain about the S2E1 when it first aired. I finally watched it over the weekend. I disagree and think it was solid entertainment. Not gonna win any awards, but I've really enjoyed SNW, especially over the other two reboots with Discovery and Picard.

It has been announced the next season of Discovery will be the end for that show.
Too bad, I like it better than Picard or any of the new ST series.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Too bad, I like it better than Picard or any of the new ST series.
I do enjoy many aspects of Discovery, but it got a little ham-fisted with the social agenda and that almost became the story over what they could have done with a more subtle story-based approach. To be clear, I don't have a problem with anything they did, just clumsy integration. *shrugs

I really liked the first season of Picard. They really could have taken that and did some good stuff with it. What we got ended up being another season of Next Generation.
I still watch them and do enjoy the shows. ;)

Hopefully, whatever they do next will be worthy of some acclaim. *fingers crossed

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I do enjoy many aspects of Discovery, but it got a little ham-fisted with the social agenda and that almost became the story over what they could have done with a more subtle story-based approach. To be clear, I don't have a problem with anything they did, just clumsy integration. *shrugs

I really liked the first season of Picard. They really could have taken that and did some good stuff with it. What we got ended up being another season of Next Generation.

Hopefully, whatever they do next will be worthy of some acclaim. *fingers crossed
I think the writers blew it with the idea of a Borg queen. It completely destroyed what made the Borg such a fearsome enemy. There were episodes that showed that even a group mind had vulnerabilities, but someone got the bright idea to create a single point of attack and ruined the concept of a linked mentality that did not have a single point of contact for communication or control. It was such a unique concept that devolved into a hive mind with a queen bee, moving from the unimaginable to the familiar. Such a waste.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think the writers blew it with the idea of a Borg queen. It completely destroyed what made the Borg such a fearsome enemy. There were episodes that showed that even a group mind had vulnerabilities, but someone got the bright idea to create a single point of attack and ruined the concept of a linked mentality that did not have a single point of contact for communication or control. It was such a unique concept that devolved into a hive mind with a queen bee, moving from the unimaginable to the familiar. Such a waste.
Didn't that begin back in Next Gen or one of the movies?

My biggest complaint about Picard was the increasing reliance, over the 3 seasons, of bringing back the old characters and making it just another stroll down memory lane. In so doing they sacrificed some good potential plot and new characters.
They could have still used the Borg even and made it work out!

Doesn't really matter at this point, though. That page has turned.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
We watched this weeks Strange New Worlds tonight, S2E7. I guess Paramount+ released it a couple days early due to the kerfuffle at Comicon.

Anyway, good episode. Fun. Definitely different! Maybe the whole staff was on acid when they did it.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic

I only liked the last season of Discovery.

I did not like the first two seasons of Picard but I liked the last because it was really a TNG with Seven added in.

I do hope that the Star Trek "Legacy" series happens with Captain Seven in command of the Titan, renamed Enterprise 1701-G

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I agree with this. Also, how many times has the borg queen been killed? I think I count 3 now. How many are there?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Feel shamed for saying this, but been addicted to "Suits" the law drama in which Megan Markle is in a leading role. Not a fan of her, though not bad to look at, but like the chemistry of the rest of the cast.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Feel shamed for saying this, but been addicted to "Suits" the law drama in which Megan Markle is in a leading role. Not a fan of her, though not bad to look at, but like the chemistry of the rest of the cast.
I've been addicted to The Waltons. Beat that! :cool:

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Women’s World Cup soccer Tonight. Turned on the big screen in the basement for the first time in a while. I love watching sports with the TV sound down and music playing. US vs. Netherlands and The Who’s Live at Leeds and Tommy. Anyone else do the same?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The new season of What we do in the Shadows is out. I've been watching it but not that interested anymore. I still think the original was better.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry I meant to say I like Strange new worlds better than Picard or Discovery. Captain Pike in that series is rapidly moving up in my all-time ST captains list.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis