what are you drinking right now ?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It seems to be a divisive beer. Some love it and some don't like it. I think I may have to try it.
If you like brown ales like Newcastle or Sam Adams, you may like Raison D'Etre.

It's a brown ale with something extra "A deep mahogany, Belgian-style brown ale brewed with beet sugar, raisins and Belgian-style yeast."

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I had another perfect margarita from Charleston's. I'm sure I could make one, but then I'd have to squeeze limes. I'm not sure I want to do that.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Made a pilgrimage down to San Diego this past weekend, about to finish off the rest of the Stone Smoked Porter I got a grower fill of at the brewery.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
If you like brown ales like Newcastle or Sam Adams, you may like Raison D'Etre.

It's a brown ale with something extra "A deep mahogany, Belgian-style brown ale brewed with beet sugar, raisins and Belgian-style yeast."
I like pretty much love all of dogfish heads' beers and the raison is no exception. Having a tough time getting them here lately though.
Cheers, Mac

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Late to the Tequila talk party....

I have a couple of bottles (6 or 7 of which a couple are rot gut) at home. My personal favorites:

Corralejo Reposado
Cazadores Reposado
Just tried the Cazadores Reposado. Lot's of flavor but a little rough around the edges. Better flavor but not as smooth as the Herradura. Not as interesting flavor as the Casa Noble which has no rough taste to it, but it is also nearly half the price 24 vs, 43 here. Cazadores has more intersting flavor than 1800 reposado. 1800 IMO really isn't all that good. Only the reposado is even drinkable.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Just tried the Cazadores Reposado. Lot's of flavor but a little rough around the edges. Better flavor but not as smooth as the Herradura. Not as interesting flavor as the Casa Noble which has no rough taste to it, but it is also nearly half the price 24 vs, 43 here. Cazadores has more intersting flavor than 1800 reposado. 1800 IMO really isn't all that good. Only the reposado is even drinkable.
It seems they all match their price points well. 1800 is bargain tequila that can be sipped and is cheap enough for a Rita. I believe that's the goal they have in making it.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
My last 90 minute Imperial IPA. I opened a Guinness...It tasted funny to me. It's been years since I have tried Guinness before so I don't remember what it tasted like before. I can't put my finger on it. My wife is drinking it. She thinks it's ok. "I kinda like it" isn't a ringing endorsement but at least I didn't pour a beer down the drain.:D

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
Funny, last night we had some friends over and I dragged all my tequila out and sampled again. Maybe it's a vintage thing, but my Herradura is a little rougher than my Cazadores. I was given a bottle of Milagro Silver that I finally got around to sampling. Not impressed, rough.

You should really try the Corralejo....smooooth. My buddy left last night saying he was going to buy a bottle. If I didn't have so much pricey beer in the fridge, I'd go grab a bottle of anejo to try (~$40 a bottle, if I remember correctly).

By the way, last night I also drank a big bottle of.....

New Holland Brewing: Charkoota Rye Smoked Dopplebock

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/new-holland-charkoota-rye/94387/

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

I'm not sure about this one... Only half way through the first one. I've got three more to form an opinion on...not tonight though.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General

I'm not sure about this one... Only half way through the first one. I've got three more to form an opinion on...not tonight though.
Go ahead, drink all 4 ! We won't tell :D
im having a couple of Titan IPA's.. Yum!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

I splurged and got a four-pack once at the grocery store here. It was something like $15. Not worth it, IMO.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I splurged and got a four-pack once at the grocery store here. It was something like $15. Not worth it, IMO.
It's a little sweet for me. $17.99 for the four pack w/ Duvel glass. I don't think I'd buy it again.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
It's a little sweet for me. $17.99 for the four pack w/ Duvel glass. I don't think I'd buy it again.
Yeah, not really a session beer.. I drink a St Bernardus Abt 12 bomber about once a year and that's that.
very good, but a little goes a long way. Love my American IPA's though and I'm lucky to live close to so many great tap rooms here in the Denver area!
Cheers, Mac

whitey019

whitey019

Enthusiast
Yards Brewing Company - Philadelphia Pale Ale

Last edited by a moderator:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Had another great weekend. I introduced my brother to craft beers. His first was the 512 Double aged Pecan Porter on tap at Jack Allan's. The next day we each go a Naked Nun, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

I thought the Oatmeal Stout was fantastic, but he didn't really like it. The Naked Nun was nice, but I preferred the Stout between the two. We left the Double Chocolate for my next visit. I've already had it.

Last night I had a rum and coke and tried mixing a scotch and coke. The later didn't work. The scotch overpowers the coke too much IMO. Of course this isn't a bad thing since scotch tastes great. BTW don't ever put coke in a shaker. I started shaking it and remembered. Oh crap this is like shake a bottle of coke.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis