what are you drinking right now ?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Had another great weekend. I introduced my brother to craft beers. His first was the 512 Double aged Pecan Porter on tap at Jack Allan's. The next day we each go a Naked Nun, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

I thought the Oatmeal Stout was fantastic, but he didn't really like it. The Naked Nun was nice, but I preferred the Stout between the two. We left the Double Chocolate for my next visit. I've already had it.

Last night I had a rum and coke and tried mixing a scotch and coke. The later didn't work. The scotch overpowers the coke too much IMO. Of course this isn't a bad thing since scotch tastes great. BTW don't ever put coke in a shaker. I started shaking it and remembered. Oh crap this is like shake a bottle of coke.
I better never hear of you putting anything in a glass of Scotch again...never...:mad:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I better never hear of you putting anything in a glass of Scotch again...never...:mad:
Dam straight. Greg will go over and take away your man card. Only a little bit of water goes in Scotch. Just enough to open up the flavor.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Made my first rita last night. Thought I'd squeeze out the juice by hand. That didn't really go as planned, but still it was a very good drink. I used a shot of 1800 Reposado 3/4" ounce Lime Juice and 1/2 ounce Cointreau. I've heard adding agave nectar is very good so I may try that soon. Needless to say I enjoyed the evening.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Made my first rita last night. Thought I'd squeeze out the juice by hand. That didn't really go as planned, but still it was a very good drink. I used a shot of 1800 Reposado 3/4" ounce Lime Juice and 1/2 ounce Cointreau. I've heard adding agave nectar is very good so I may try that soon. Needless to say I enjoyed the evening.
We make a lot of Margs during the summer. Although I enjoy a fresh squeezed lime and orange in my Margs, the volume we make during pool time is just too great.

We discovered Dr. Swami and Bone Daddy's Margarita mix two years ago. It is by far the best mix I have ever had. No fake, overly sweetened, neon green BS. It is really clean and natural tasting and we add a small squirt of Agave Nectar to it and always use 1800 Reposado.

http://www.thebigwave.com/mixes/margarita.html

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
We make a lot of Margs during the summer. Although I enjoy a fresh squeezed lime and orange in my Margs, the volume we make during pool time is just too great.

We discovered Dr. Swami and Bone Daddy's Margarita mix two years ago. It is by far the best mix I have ever had. No fake, overly sweetened, neon green BS. It is really clean and natural tasting and we add a small squirt of Agave Nectar to it and always use 1800 Reposado.

The Big Wave Beverage Company - Home of Dr. Swami and Bone Daddy's Gourmet Drink Mixes
That's definitely something to keep in mind if I have a party. If I am making one squeezing a lime is actually fun, but if I'm doing 10 of them then the mix it is.

Crazily enough I've heard 4 hours of aging actually improves the lime juice. I've also heard key limes are better than persians. Not sure if it's true, but definitely worth a try I suppose.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
That's definitely something to keep in mind if I have a party. If I am making one squeezing a lime is actually fun, but if I'm doing 10 of them then the mix it is.

Crazily enough I've heard 4 hours of aging actually improves the lime juice. I've also heard key limes are better than persians. Not sure if it's true, but definitely worth a try I suppose.
I didn't think about it, but I have made margaritas from juice I've just squeezed, and squeezed beforehand and the ones that had been sitting may have been better. Key limes are better, but you get a little less juice. Finally, real men get an automated citrus juicer for the eventualities of parties, throw 30 limes in the hopper get unlimited juice, best $1000 I've ever spent.

(No I did not actually buy an automated juicer)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't think about it, but I have made margaritas from juice I've just squeezed, and squeezed beforehand and the ones that had been sitting may have been better. Key limes are better, but you get a little less juice. Finally, real men get an automated citrus juicer for the eventualities of parties, throw 30 limes in the hopper get unlimited juice, best $1000 I've ever spent.
Problem with most juicers is you get some of the skin into the juice making it more bitter. Ever had a key lime pie in Key West? That is some good stuff. I plan to pickup some agave nectar and a foldover juicer tonight they had some on clearance at my local Super Target.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Agave nectar is nice stuff. We use it cooking and baking too.
If you can find the darker one, try it. It has more flavor than it's lighter counterpart.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Had some friends over for movie night, which includes pizza and beer. Each person brings an unusual beer for everyone to try and it often turns up some good stuff. My buddy brought some Racer 5 IPA. 7.2% and great taste. I will definitely pick some more of that up.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Bear Republic makes many nice beers.
They've won the Great American Beer Festival four times with that beer - Racer 5 IPA

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Racer Five is a winner! I'm enjoying a New Belgium Rampant Imperial IPA right now while slacking off watching the big 12 tournament.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bear Republic makes many nice beers.
They've won the Great American Beer Festival four times with that beer - Racer 5 IPA
They are in driving distance for me in Sonoma, about 1.5hrs away. I may need to pay them a visit. Seems like a lot of good beers coming out of that area (which is actually technically wine country...).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis