what are you drinking right now ?

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
They are in driving distance for me in Sonoma, about 1.5hrs away. I may need to pay them a visit. Seems like a lot of good beers coming out of that area (which is actually technically wine country...).
What are you waiting for? Fortunately, I have a couple dozen quality taprooms within an hours drive. Been to about half of them but the hard part is coming up with a designated driver :D
Cheers, Mac

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
They are in driving distance for me in Sonoma, about 1.5hrs away. I may need to pay them a visit. Seems like a lot of good beers coming out of that area (which is actually technically wine country...).

Hi John, sounds like you're in the perfect place, close to many great brewers and OPPO.:D

Since you're willing to drive; here's some info on two exceptional brewers within the same distance.

Russian River - Russian River Brewing Co. Home of two of the highest rated beers ever: Pliny The Elder, and Pliny The Younger.

Lagunitas - Lagunitas Brewing Company Many great choices.

Enjoy,
Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
What are you waiting for? Fortunately, I have a couple frozen quality taprooms within an hours drive. Been to about half of them but the hard part is coming up with a designated driver :D
Cheers, Mac
What do you do with frozen tampons?

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I picked up a new Summer Sampler from Sam Adams last night, it has some beers from them I have never had and they were quite good.

Another one to pick up as the summer comes around is Boulevard Brewing Unfiltered Wheat out of KC....I loved that stuff when I lived in Missouri. It is now available in NC and is doing very well at the local taps.

Drooling on my keyboard just thinking about it. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hi John, sounds like you're in the perfect place, close to many great brewers and OPPO.:D

Since you're willing to drive; here's some info on two exceptional brewers within the same distance.

Russian River - Russian River Brewing Co. Home of two of the highest rated beers ever: Pliny The Elder, and Pliny The Younger.

Lagunitas - Lagunitas Brewing Company Many great choices.

Enjoy,
Rick
Lagunitas is a staple around my house :) That one is definitely on the list. I actually didn't know they were here or I would have already gone. It won't be long... :D

I've posted a few before, but these are in that area too and I've been to them:

North Coast Brewing Co. <- This was my favorite up there so far. Old No.38 rocks.

Mendocino Brewing Company <-Good stuff

Brews | Ukiah Brewing Company & Restaurant <- Great microbrew. I think only the Pilsner Ukiah is sold outside of that area. Some awesome seasonal ambers and IPA.

http://www.dunsmuirbreweryworks.com/index.html <-Also great IPA but their stout is my favorite there.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Lagunitas is a staple around my house :) That one is definitely on the list. I actually didn't know they were here or I would have already gone. It won't be long... :D

I've posted a few before, but these are in that area too and I've been to them:

North Coast Brewing Co. <- This was my favorite up there so far. Old No.38 rocks.

Mendocino Brewing Company <-Good stuff

Brews | Ukiah Brewing Company & Restaurant <- Great microbrew. I think only the Pilsner Ukiah is sold outside of that area. Some awesome seasonal ambers and IPA.

Dunsmuir Brewery Works <-Also great IPA but their stout is my favorite there.
Love me a "lil sumpin sumpin" when I'm out of frozen tampons :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I love MtDew Throwback (which is out of production right now, hopefully back soon), but for some reason, I don't like the Pepsi.
I don't like it as much as Coke (Alex's ears just perked up a little...) but it's a good change of pace. I have yet to get some Coke made with real sugar...since 1985 any way.

Mt. Dew Throwback is good...I've got some of that in the fridge too.:cool:

Ok now all you health guru PIA's can tell John and I that we are gonna die from diabetes or something from drinking soda...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't like it as much as Coke (Alex's ears just perked up a little...) but it's a good change of pace. I have yet to get some Coke made with real sugar...since 1985 any way.

Mt. Dew Throwback is good...I've got some of that in the fridge too.:cool:

Ok now all you health guru PIA's can tell John and I that we are gonna die from diabetes or something from drinking soda...
I am out of Dew Throwback, but I can get "Mexican" Coke (the SODA....) at most stores in my area now, so that's what I've been drinking. I never had a problem getting that though, as there are a lot of Mexican stores around here that have carried it all along. Natural sugar is easier to process than HCFS.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I am out of Dew Throwback, but I can get "Mexican" Coke (the SODA....) at most stores in my area now, so that's what I've been drinking. I never had a problem getting that though, as there are a lot of Mexican stores around here that have carried it all along. Natural sugar is easier to process than HCFS.
I prefer my coke with rum. 6 parts coke to 1 parts rum I've found to be the most balanced.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
The other night:<O:p</O:p

Jolly Pumpkin Brewery: Madrugada Obscura
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/jolly-pumpkin-madrugada-obscura/54349/
Holy crap was this sour at the end. Good taste up front.

New Holland Brewery: Paleooza
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/new-holland-paleooza/2010/
On the light side.

Atwater Brewery: Decadent Dark Chocolate Ale
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/atwater-decadent/165424/
This was tasty. Huge dark chocolate smell and taste.

Witch's Hat Brewery: Sir Edawards Double Brown
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/witchs-hat-sir-edwards-double-brown/198163/
Decent.

New Holland Brewery: Night Tripper Imperial Stout
New Holland Night Tripper - 99 at RateBeer
One of my all time favorites.

We'll see what tonight brings......
<O:p</O:p

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I prefer my coke with rum. 6 parts coke to 1 parts rum I've found to be the most balanced.
Jack with my coke... I don't measure it out... some where in the 2 - 1 to 1 - 1 depending on my mood.:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis