what are you drinking right now ?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I've seen Hendrick's I really want to try plymouth, but I seem to be more into the whiskey side. I want to get some black bottle. I also want to try some bourbon. I really liked that bourbon drink I had. Finding a sipping one would be nice.
The Honey Lemon Bourbon you had is Maker's Mark, fresh squeezed lemon and clover honey that is "cut" with hot water to thin it out. We make it at home too. The big, solid ice cubes they use is key.

TX Whisky is my absolute favorite sipping whisky. Drink it neat (by itself and room temp), it has a smooth vanilla and wood flavor and reminds me of a good scotch. It is inexpensive plus it's distilled in your home town.

Blenders' Tasting Notes:

• Color: Auburn
  • Nose: Vanilla bean, oak and pear
  • Taste: Honey butter, banana, caramel and coffee
  • Finish: Long, smooth and slightly sweet
  • Proof: 82
Our Whiskey - Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co. | Fort Worth, Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I've seen Hendrick's I really want to try plymouth, but I seem to be more into the whiskey side. I want to get some black bottle. I also want to try some bourbon. I really liked that bourbon drink I had. Finding a sipping one would be nice.
Been doing bourbon in a pretty serious way for about a year and a half. (Serious tasting, one or two per night max Adam and Alex:D). For reasonably priced introductory starters forget the big name brands. Try Eagle Rare 10 year about $25 per fifth and Old Weller 7 year about $18 for a fifth. The Eagle is classic bourbon dead smooth. The Weller is a wheated bourbon.

Bourbon must be 51% from corn, the other 49 is usually rye but in Weller it is wheat which is a big change and really nice especially when you are starting out.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
I might just have a 90 min later myself, I've been keeping an eye out for a 120 but haven't seen one around in the last year. I'm getting pretty annoyed at this.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Damn that photo is big!:eek:

I might just have a 90 min later myself, I've been keeping an eye out for a 120 but haven't seen one around in the last year. I'm getting pretty annoyed at this.
I've yet to have a 120...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

I've yet to have a 120...
120 is more of a high octane sipping beer. ABV ranges from 15 - 20. It's really for hop heads, with an IBU of over 100...I'm pretty sure it's 120 IBU.

Dogfish 120 isn't available in Calf. (info from site: is available in AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, VA, WA)

To add insult to injury, 120 is a rarity. It's brewed occasionally and released once a year.

When Surf Taco gets it, the sixtle of 120 is gone in less than 8 hours.
Some years back, I could find cases of 120 on clearance sale, because they didn't realize what they had.:D
Those says are gone...

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Dogfish 120 isn't available in Calf. (info from site: is available in AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, VA, WA)
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I wasn't aware of this. Makes me really sad.

Fun fact since I feel like I need to show something I know after this amazing display of not knowing: People call beers 100+ IBU not because they aren't sure but because the scale falls apart mathematically beyond 100.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now I feel like finding that 120 around here. I hate hoppy beer, but if I can inspire some jealousy, it'll be worth it.

Yeah, I'm a d**k. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Over the weekend tried the Young's Double Chocolate stout and it's definitely different from the other beers I've had. Loved that dark chocolate finish. The Indian Brown Ale from Dogfish was also nice, but the Samuel Smith's was the definite fave from last week. I've got La Fin Du Monde and Lagunitas a little sumpin, sumpin ale in the fridge. I'm really trying to get the full style tour, but it going by brewery is easier in my store.

As far as Bourbon I picked up this

It's definitely a nice flavor. I may have to try making my own lemon bourbon. ;)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
120 is more of a high octane sipping beer. ABV ranges from 15 - 20. It's really for hop heads, with an IBU of over 100...I'm pretty sure it's 120 IBU.

To add insult to injury, 120 is a rarity. It's brewed occasionally and released once a year.

Some years back, I could find cases of 120 on clearance sale, because they didn't realize what they had.:D
Those says are gone...
I'm not really a hop head, but I really did like the hops in Dogfish.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Over the weekend tried the Young's Double Chocolate stout and it's definitely different from the other beers I've had. Loved that dark chocolate finish. The Indian Brown Ale from Dogfish was also nice, but the Samuel Smith's was the definite fave from last week. I've got La Fin Du Monde and Lagunitas a little sumpin, sumpin ale in the fridge. I'm really trying to get the full style tour, but it going by brewery is easier in my store.

As far as Bourbon I picked up this

It's definitely a nice flavor. I may have to try making my own lemon bourbon. ;)
I have the Willett Rye at home which is good but I'm not a huge fan of straight rye and it's too good for mixing. From now on I'll get cheaer rye for Manhattans and Old Fashioneds. Never tried the pot still. We just might have to compare our "speakers" head to head...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I have the Willett Rye at home which is good but I'm not a huge fan of straight rye and it's too good for mixing. From now on I'll get cheaer rye for Manhattans and Old Fashioneds. Never tried the pot still. We just might have to compare our "speakers" head to head...
If I ever finish those speakers. :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

Those says are gone...
Dogfish Head Ale has become a recent favorite topic of mine. I hadn't realized its such prized stuff.

I live less than 4 miles away from a local Dogfish Head Ale House in Gaithersburg, MD. Because it's local I always thought its good, but not something others envy.

This is what's on their menu today Dogfish Head Alehouse BEERS.

I most like the IPA 60, Shelter Pale Ale, and Raison D'Etre. I've tried the Imperial 90 IPA. Its a heavy meal all by itself. So is the Raison D'Etre. When 120 is available, it's on tap also. They sell that in a smaller snifter, not a pint glass.

They have so many beers, I haven't tried most of them.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Sniff...

I drank my last two Sam Adams Octoberfest last night. No more until the end of summer... :(

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I drank my last two Sam Adams Octoberfest last night. No more until the end of summer... :(
Sam Adams is my fallback beer, but I don't think I've ever had their Octoberfest.

Where you are you should be able to find Brooklyn Lager and all its variations. That's hard to find around here.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis