what are you drinking right now ?

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Truman Cox Master Distiller has passed

Truman Cox the young Master Distiller at the A. Smith Bowman distillery in Fredricksburg Va died suddenly Saturday night. I got to meet Truman at a Bourbon tasting I arranged last fall. He was funny, knowledgeable, and very talented based on his product. If you haven't tried Bowman Brothers or John J. Bowman bourbon, it is a little known treasure. I'm having a glass of JJB right now. I drink to his memory and wish the best for his wife and young daughter. He was about 44.bottle_JohnBowman.gif

A. Smith Bowman Distillery

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Truman Cox the young Master Distiller at the A. Smith Bowman distillery in Fredricksburg Va died suddenly Saturday night. I got to meet Truman at a Bourbon tasting I arranged last fall. He was funny, knowledgeable, and very talented based on his product. If you haven't tried Bowman Brothers or John J. Bowman bourbon, it is a little known treasure. I'm having a glass of JJB right now. I drink to his memory and wish the best for his wife and young daughter. He was about 44.View attachment 11426

A. Smith Bowman Distillery
That's sad I will definitely add that to my try list.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This Cayman Reef rum is not as good as the Pyrat it's not as smooth or sweet. It has a really nasty aftertaste too. I will use it for mixing only definitely not a sipping rum to my palate. I'm thinking of trying an IPA next.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
Last night waiting for my car to be serviced at the dealership.

Woodward Avenue Brewing: Vanilla Porter

WAB is located on Woodward between 8mi (sarcastic gasp) and 9mi in Ferndale just north of Detroit.

WAB: http://thewabsite.com/

R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
Last night waiting for my car to be serviced at the dealership.

Woodward Avenue Brewing: Vanilla Porter

WAB is located on Woodward between 8mi (sarcastic gasp) and 9mi in Ferndale just north of Detroit.

WAB: http://thewabsite.com/
ahhh, ferndale...

back about '97 the auto dealership i worked for at the time was purchased by the mel farr auto group, so we made the trip from dayton to detroit several times...

how's mel doin' these days...?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Just picked up a bottle of Label 5 12 year scotch. It's amazing. I've never had scotch before and now I know what I've been missing.

I know it's a cheaper scotch so I can't imagine the higher end stuff.

Also picked up a bottle of St. Bernards. Abt 12 and a can of Deep Elum IPA(A Local Brew)

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall

Iron Fist Dubbel Fisted. It's pretty good, though a touch to sweet.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have Johnny on my to try list, but scotch ain't cheap. :(
As far as scotch goes.....Johnny Walker is good, but what you really want is the blue label, but it ain't cheap.

I think my all-time favorite is the Dalmore Cigar Blend
Dalmore Cigar Malt – Back for good.
Looks like they stopped making it for a while but now it's back.

Of course, when talking scotch, you usually want the single malt variety, but to me this cigar blend is what I prefer.

There is a local bar /grill that does flights of scotch.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
As far as scotch goes.....Johnny Walker is good, but what you really want is the blue label, but it ain't cheap.

I think my all-time favorite is the Dalmore Cigar Blend
Dalmore Cigar Malt – Back for good.
Looks like they stopped making it for a while but now it's back.

Of course, when talking scotch, you usually want the single malt variety, but to me this cigar blend is what I prefer.

There is a local bar /grill that does flights of scotch.
I'm still trying to build the bar up. I think Tequila is next up will probably get the 1800 kind. I really like it in a margarita.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm still trying to build the bar up. I think Tequila is next up will probably get the 1800 kind. I really like it in a margarita.
For tequila, I like Patron. For a budget choice, El Jimador is pretty good. You really don't need lime or salt for either of those.

Cuervo = rot gut

G

Grador

For tequila, I like Patron. For a budget choice, El Jimador is pretty good. You really don't need lime or salt for either of those.

Cuervo = rot gut
Stealing my thunder? This is the exact advice I would give.

G

Grador

Not drinking it right now...

But hopefully in a month this will have made something delicious.

First time trying this out, hoping for a decent IPA expecting bitter carbonated vinegar.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Cuervo = rot gut
Have you ever tried the 1800 Reposado. It's very nice. Cheaper than the cointreau or grand mariner too.

Living in Texas margaritas are a nice option to have especially in summer.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I've gotten into Tequila along with bourbon. Not into Scotch. The 1800 reposado is nice but the anejo isn't that good or worth the extra dough. For Anejo try El Tesoro, Herradura and Casa Noble. The Casa Noble is the liveliest with the most complex flavors. For reposado I also like the Casa Noble and Herradura. The reposados are a bit lighter in flavor (aged less) when I am in the mood for that. Drink neat in a brandy snifter or wine glass. This stuff is not the crap we shot in college! The el Jimador, Don Julio and don Roberto anejos are all pretty good but not as good as the first I mentioned IMO.

And yes Cuervo is crap. Don't ever drink anything that doesn't say 100% agave unless you like ferocious hangovers.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
ahhh, ferndale...

back about '97 the auto dealership i worked for at the time was purchased by the mel farr auto group, so we made the trip from dayton to detroit several times...

how's mel doin' these days...?
Haven't been paying attention to Mel Farr. I think his VW dealership in Bloomfield is long gone. I was at Hodge's Subaru. I've driven roughly 20miles for the last 15 years to specifically go to these guys.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis