GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Very nice choices!

I've got the bottom three, and thought I had the Jethro Tull "Aqualung". I'll be keeping an eye open for a good copy.
Thanks! They are all in excellent condition. I bought Aqualung on cassette tape about 40 years ago. But, when I moved on to CD, I never got around to replacing that album. When I spotted the record, I had to buy it.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks! They are all in excellent condition. I bought Aqualung on cassette tape about 40 years ago. But, when I moved on to CD, I never got around to replacing that album. When I spotted the record, I had to buy it.
I have the middle three on vinyl. Was a big Tull fan when young and saw them live three times. I've always liked War Child and Skating Away is one of my all time favorite lyrics. Can't Buy a Thrill, I have on CD. One of the first CDs I purchased, as I recall, and it still plays ok.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Attended the Audiokarma Frankenfest Fall 2023 edition in West Boylston Massachusetts yesterday (Oct21, 2023). Managed to sell off a Kenwood KR-7400 receiver in need of some De-Oxit treatment, a MiniDSP 2X4, and a Pioneer PL-514 turntable in need of a belt and some TLC (better for parts than restoration.) That was $125 in.

Bought 13 records, one of which simply replaces an abused copy of Fleetwood Mac "Rumors" that I can give away, upping my collection to a modest 554, for the $140 I put out.

First photo, first row L-to-R:
Steve Winwood "Back In The High Life" (Island 1-25448, 1986), Robert Plant & Alison Krause "Raising Sand" (Rounder 11661-9074-1, 2007) on clear vinyl, Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" (Sire 25186-1, 1984), David Gilmore (Columbia JC-35388, 1978)

Second Row L-to-R:
ZZ Top "El Loco" (Warner Bros Records BSK 3593, 1981), Alan Parsons Project "Eye In The Sky" (Arista Records AL9599, 1982), Alan Parsons Project "Ammonia Avenue" (Arista Records AL88204, 1984), The Sex Pistols "Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols (Warner Bros Records BSK 3117, 1977)

Second photo, top row:

Fleetwood Mac eponymous (Warner Bros Records MS2225, 1975), Fleetwood Mac "Rumors" (Warner Bros Records BSK 3010, 1977)
Second row, Twenty One Pilots "Vessel" (FueledByRamen 53179-1, 2013), Miles Davis "Bitches Brew" Columbia PG26, 1970), Joni Mitchell "Hejira" (Asylum Records 7E-1087, 1976)

More happy about getting rid of gear I had been given (the Kenwood receiver and Pioneer turntable) but didn't want to work on. Took a little hit on the MiniDSP 2X4 that I bought used for $100 2 years ago and never used, but it's gone and I don't care. Brought home a Pioneer SX-203 receiver and Onkyo tuner that I had also been given and was hoping to sell, but no takers. Too much other similar stuff there, despite my low price of $50 for the SX-203 and $10 for the tuner. At least those 2 items work perfect and look good, so they'll move sooner or later.

Overall, a great day with terrific food and a good pile of records for $15 out of pocket.

First_8_10-21-2023.jpg
Last_5_10-21-2023.jpg

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Agree sounds excellent. The Steve Wilson remixes I’ve heard for various artists are superior to just about every original mix.
I also have the Wilson mix of Chicago II. Also outstanding! That one was HARD to find. I bought it from a seller in Poland.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Still have about 100 plus LPs. Sadly, I got rid of most my collection back in the late 90s. That said I prefer to listen
to my cd player and even more my WIIM pro plus streamer. So much more convenient. And I do have a decent TT system a Rega Planar 3 with an AT cart.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Still have about 100 plus LPs. Sadly, I got rid of most my collection back in the late 90s. That said I prefer to listen
to my cd player and even more my WIIM pro plus streamer. So much more convenient. And I do have a decent TT system a Rega Planar 3 with an AT cart.
Agree still have rare albums I bought years ago but stream mostly with my Node and occasionally play CDs. Love the ease of use streaming Qobuz and the Hi-Res sound is excellent.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
And I do have a decent TT system a Rega Planar 3 with an AT cart.
I like the new Anniversary Planar 3 that Rega has out

A nice sub 2k kit for sure, one weakness IMO is the 3 feet do not provide adj for leveling.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai

A nice sub 2k kit for sure, one weakness IMO is the 3 feet do not provide adj for leveling.
Actually, 3 points establish a plane in the best way, so you only need ONE to be adjustable to level it. That said, I recently had a friend visiting my area from his home in Nashville who was anxious to try a P3 as an upgrade to his old Pioneer belt drive deck. He had budgeted no more than $1500. We visited my dealer in Nashua NH (his mom still lives in nearby Manchester NH) and my dealer sells everything except Rega turntables. They had just gotten a 2-month old MoFi Studiodeck turntable with their Ultratracker cartridge on it, in trade-up for a VPI Signature. My friend heard it and bought it on the spot for $1100.

In the days and weeks after taking it home, he and I both kept finding reviews that put that Studiodeck with lesser cartridges ahead of the P3. He's VERY happy with it!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

I saw that REGA release looks great. Still a whole lot of $$ for a bit of an upgrade from a stock Planar 3. Better to go all out and get a Planar 8 imho.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Just bought Edgar Winter's double disc "Brother Johnny" album. Has that cool prismatic angle image change feature built into the cover that switches from Johnny's to Edgar's face, which I think is kind of cool. Music is good but I more or less bought it for the tribute aspect, having been a fan of both, and having lost a brother of my own.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Just bought Edgar Winter's double disc "Brother Johnny" album. Has that cool prismatic angle image change feature built into the cover that switches from Johnny's to Edgar's face, which I think is kind of cool. Music is good but I more or less bought it for the tribute aspect, having been a fan of both, and having lost a brother of my own.
I can empathize with that. March 6th, 2001 was when I lost my youngest brother.

Very sorry for your loss.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I can empathize with that. March 6th, 2001 was when I lost my youngest brother.

Very sorry for your loss.
Yeah, they never let us forget. Three of us brothers worked together for about 10 years too, hanging drywall, of all things. As such my oldest brother and I have a lot of stories and a good part of our relationship now is with honorable recollections of him and his often, not-so-honorable antics!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
**Starts 11/8** $15 Vinyl LP Records: AC/DC: Back in Black, Nas: Illmatic Xx, MJ: Thriller, Journey: Escape, Pearl Jam: Ten, Wu-Tang Clan: Enter the Wu-Tang & More via www.Walmart.com

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis