KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My friends' dad found himself seated next to Gladys Knight on a flight- he asked "Where are the Pips?" and she said "Pips ride coach".
Whoa...now if you were one of my FB friends you'd have seen what I added to my post on my on page, which was that I ALSO had a seat next to Ms. Gladys Knight for a flight on American back in late 1980 or early 1981!! I was on a work asssignment that had me traveling back & forth from BOS to LAX every 3 weeks for a few months, and on the last flight the crew moved me up to 1st class. There I was when I realized who I was talking to. Amazing. I did NOT ask her that question though.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Whoa...now if you were one of my FB friends you'd have seen what I added to my post on my on page, which was that I ALSO had a seat next to Ms. Gladys Knight for a flight on American back in late 1979 or early 1980!! I was on a work asssignment that had me traveling back & forth from BOS to LAX every 3 weeks for a few months, and on the last flight the crew moved me up to 1st class. There I was when I realized who I was talking to. Amazing. I did NOT ask her that question though.
I think I have that GK & P from a thrift store where I've been lucky to find a lot of her stuff in very good condition. Just last week I found this one!
Neither_one_of_us_album.jpeg

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well given all the bad publicity PVC has gotten as of late here's a little vid for the vinyl lovers here .......

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I started using these 3-tab dividers that I got in packs of 10 for (US) $8.99 each pack from Sleeve City. I started with 3 packs, but most recently got 5 more.

My method is usually if I have 3 or more records from any one artist, they get a divider. There's a couple where I may have only 1 LP from them, but I really do plan on adding more.

Just the top of one rack, I have two and they each have a lower level.

LP_Dividers.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Judging by the pictures, that tone arm looks like its supplied by ProJect.
Not really. ProJect tonearms in that price range don't get interchangeable headshells. I think it's likely from Audio Technica or perhaps Rega.

I also don't recall seeing any entry-level ProJect tonearms with the dangling weight for anti-skating control.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I started using these 3-tab dividers that I got in packs of 10 for (US) $8.99 each pack from Sleeve City. I started with 3 packs, but most recently got 5 more.

My method is usually if I have 3 or more records from any one artist, they get a divider. There's a couple where I may have only 1 LP from them, but I really do plan on adding more.

Just the top of one rack, I have two and they each have a lower level.

View attachment 60480
Where are the price tags? :) Now that's organized!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Not really. ProJect tonearms in that price range don't get interchangeable headshells. I think it's likely from Audio Technica or perhaps Rega.

I also don't recall seeing any entry-level ProJect tonearms with the dangling weight for anti-skating control.
Wow things have changed at ProJect!! It used to be that the dangling weight and carbon fibre tonearm across al their models when I purchased my Xpression III model back then. Now the Debut line starts with the dangling weight but all their tonearms are now made from aluminum. I wonder why the switch.

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Does ProJect actually manufacture the arms in the first place?
Product Information on my Carbon Debut EVO and also the entry level E1 says "Hand made in Europe". Whether they outsource the aluminum tube for the tone arm is an unknown. I wouldn't expect them to make their own MDF from scratch, for example, but all of the machining and finish work is done in the European manufacturing facilities.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Product Information on my Carbon Debut EVO and also the entry level E1 says "Hand made in Europe". Whether they outsource the aluminum tube for the tone arm is an unknown. I wouldn't expect them to make their own MDF from scratch, for example, but all of the machining and finish work is done in the European manufacturing facilities.
Still, could be a variety of specialty contractors, assembled by Project. It wouldn't surprise me that the arms might be selling to more than one brand, even if Project.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Still, could be a variety of specialty contractors, assembled by Project. It wouldn't surprise me that the arms might be selling to more than one brand, even if Project.
Are not Project and Music Hall one in the same company ?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
ProJect has quite a large manufacturing facility there in the Czech Republic. I can't know for sure, but would be surprised if they were NOT making everything themselves from raw materials. They have enough volume with the contract manufacturing they do for other turntable makers that it's justified.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are not Project and Music Hall one in the same company ?
Seems different companies, altho both are made in Czech Republic. From what I see Hall was founded in 85 by Roy Hall (and I see a mention of using a factory in CR that was 50 years old) , Project founded in 91 by Hans Lichtenegger. Maybe something common in background in CR???

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Here's Marilyn Monroe demonstrating how NOT to handle vinyl records.
Always hold the record by the edges, never touch the playing surface.

:)
Monroe & vinyl.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Couldn't find good clean VG+ or better original pressings of these two, so I bit the bullet and ponied-up a C-note for these two from Analog Productions. The Steely Dan one is a 2-record 45rpm release, the SRV one a single 33-1/3.
Analog_Productions-buys.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis