Urban political failure

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, they slick for sure. Thing about that, some are Paid to go out and cause mayhem especially election year. Remember how the Nazis came into power in the 30s.
Were you alive in Germany in the 30s?

robert diiorio

robert diiorio

Enthusiast
IMHO ; Life's prime dynamic is persistence thru time and space. Life actions can be split into dynamics or motivations such as self, procreation, group, mankind, animals, plants, physical universe, God. These encompass the activities of Life and in a Human Being every decision made increases or decreases the persistence of one or more of these sub dynamics. "Bad" decisions inhibit the persistence of one or more of these dynamics. Thus a decision which enhances the persistence thru time of lets say 4 dynamics compared to a decision benefiting just 1 (eg:the self), is more "right" or more 'sane' of an action. A non-rational or insane mind can make decisions which decreases the persistence thru time of any dynamic. The more dynamics affected the more wrong or insane the decision thus action is. Politicians should be held to a test like this.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Charlottesville was sort of the springboard of their emergence in recent years.
Criminal anarchists have had a strong presence in Portland since at least the late 90s.
In the mid 2000s, antifa types in Portland, they called themselves anarchists then, burned the American flag and effigies of American soldiers at anti-war protests. Saw it myself. It was a group of about 50 that was causing trouble up and down the march. The basic liberals, which made up the overwhelming bulk of the crowd, were not impressed.

And I miss the liberals of the 2000s. Which is really, what this thread is all about for me. The Left has lost its way, and it's so obsessed with hating the right that they can't even see their own hypocrisy anymore.

Some people have pegged the turn to the death of Ted Kennedy. I read an interview with Ralph Nader the other day, and he pegged it to corporate interests beginning their takeover the party in 1979.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Was the question difficult?
No but your answer is confusing. He's not wrong on his statistics. Last year 61% paid no fed tax but that was due to Covid but before it's 44% in 2016 the total number of undocumented immigrants was 10.7 million. I believe 1 in 5 recieve welfare a lot of his statistics are accurate

Do you just have an issue with how it's applied?
I mean he's not wrong with his stats I was curious so I looked it up.

Just curious is all

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Criminal anarchists have had a strong presence in Portland since at least the late 90s.
In the mid 2000s, antifa types in Portland, they called themselves anarchists then, burned the American flag and effigies of American soldiers at anti-war protests. Saw it myself. It was a group of about 50 that was causing trouble up and down the march. The basic liberals, which made up the overwhelming bulk of the crowd, were not impressed.

And I miss the liberals of the 2000s. Which is really, what this thread is all about for me. The Left has lost its way, and it's so obsessed with hating the right that they can't even see their own hypocrisy anymore.

Some people have pegged the turn to the death of Ted Kennedy. I read an interview with Ralph Nader the other day, and he pegged it to corporate interests beginning their takeover the party in 1979.

I blame a lot of the problems on the glut of MBAs that started in the late-'70s. Corporations became so obsessed by the smallest increments of a dollar that they forgot to see any/all of the damage they were doing to peoples' lives. Automakers ignored people who were interested in helping them make better products when Japan was already making better cars and once Japan really got their game straight, they started kicking our ass. Rampant greed became a way of life and people started to want more and more, regardless of whether they could afford it, rampant consumerism, envy and keeping up with the Jones' have been part of the downfall of this country. Peoples' unrealistic expectations of life after college, fertilized by the colleges, have screwed people beyond repair and for far too many, 'More' is their favorite word. People idolizing athletes, music/movie stars and 'influencers' (really stupid word, IMO) are a direct result of the Robin Leach show 'Lifestyles Of The Rich & Famous'- people became so engrossed in the lives of others that they completely failed to see that their own were car crashes caused by waiting at the gate for a train crash.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

If the Left would return to some of the values of Classic Liberalism- this is from the Wiki entry-

"Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism that advocates free market, civil liberties under the rule of law with an emphasis on limited government, economic freedom, political freedom, and cultural liberalism.".

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
This is what several of you condone and make excuses for.

defending_democracy.jpg

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
IMHO ; Life's prime dynamic is persistence thru time and space. Life actions can be split into dynamics or motivations such as self, procreation, group, mankind, animals, plants, physical universe, God. These encompass the activities of Life and in a Human Being every decision made increases or decreases the persistence of one or more of these sub dynamics. "Bad" decisions inhibit the persistence of one or more of these dynamics. Thus a decision which enhances the persistence thru time of lets say 4 dynamics compared to a decision benefiting just 1 (eg:the self), is more "right" or more 'sane' of an action. A non-rational or insane mind can make decisions which decreases the persistence thru time of any dynamic. The more dynamics affected the more wrong or insane the decision thus action is. Politicians should be held to a test like this.
To be honest this is gibberish.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Kinda sums it up .............

and another view ............

What's left out is Sleepy beat Trump LOL. Think about that.*
I agree with Judge Jeanine, but it's like listening to a cat scratch its way down a chalk board. o_O
This is what several of you condone and make excuses for.

View attachment 52273
Who cares about that, it's in the past.
It wasn't really an insurrection.

Yeah they've all buried it. The voters too. It's sad.
All of the riots really. I think it all should be investigated, but the people for the law & order party only want an investigation into one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis