UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Looks like a few drivers have some "splaining" to do. The rest of the season looks to be interesting if the inter team rivalries heat up any more. There was too many close calls between same team drivers in the last race. Team orders or not, there was no reason the driver in the rear shouldn't be able to pass if it's safe. Just don't be an idiot and take chances with both you and your teammates's car when you're both bringing home points for the team.
Vettel is an *** & Alonso is a dope. I need to go read what the story is between Hamilton and Rosberg, but at lease Hamilton gave him his due at the post race interview.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Vettel is an *** & Alonso is a dope. I need to go read what the story is between Hamilton and Rosberg, but at lease Hamilton gave him his due at the post race interview.
Ferrari is taking the blame for Alonso...if that is true, and I don't think it is, It was foolish.

Looks like Rosberg followed orders, unlike Vettel.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Multi 21 Seb, Multi 21. Is that what Webber said to Vettel after weigh-in? I'm so glad Webber called out Vettel in the post race interview, man that was good. I don't like it, but I get the team orders, we all know that it can quickly go awry even if both drivers are careful, no driver is going to want to just sit there and be over taken, well, except Massa :) F1's becoming a farce all because of the tires. At least Hamilton was humble and acknowledged he was 3rd due to team orders.

I never liked Vettel and even more so now. He figured he could do what he wanted and just say sorry and it would all be ok. Here's his response;

"I want to say sorry to Mark," he said. "I did a big mistake today.
"We should have stayed in the positions we were in. I didn't ignore it [the order] on purpose but I messed up in that situation.
"I took the lead from Mark, which I can see now he is upset about, but I want to be honest and stick to truth, and apologise.
"I took quite a lot of risk to pass him and I should have behaved better.
"It doesn't help his feelings right now. Apologies to Mark and now result is there, but all I can say is that I didn't do it deliberately."

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Dam.. I missed this missed race. Can someone in a nutshell explain what happened?

annunaki

annunaki

I can't believe that Alonso or Ferrari opted to stay out with that wing the way it was. Such a waste, instead of sucking it up and putting the nose to the grind stone to eek out a few points they throw away the whole stinking race.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I still am a fan of Vettle but I do not condone what he did in Malaysia. I hope he has learned a lesson here and that Weber remains in F1.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Ralf Schumacher's 1999 car for sale

Here's a good one for you guys, if your have $345.000

Oh, to be an owner of your own Formula 1 racecar. We’ve had those dreams many a time. Recently, we saw one of El Maestro’s winning cars being put up for auction. Now, we see a more modern F1 fighter up for sale with this 1999 Williams FW21.
This car was driven by Ralf Schumacher—Michael’s younger brother—for Williams in the 1999 Formula 1 Season. Now it is available for the current equivalent of just under $345,000. The car features the original livery, as well as a Supertec V-10 engine. Gears are shifted with a Williams six-speed longitudinal semi-automatic sequential gearbox.

Winding Road | 1999 Williams FW21 Formula 1 Car For Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
annunaki

annunaki

Great race today! Nice to see Alonso & Ferrari pick up the win. Also very encouraging to her Alonso mention they had some pace yet in hand if needed. We'll have to see if it will be needed at all next week...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Yep, good race for us Ferrari fans. Wish Massa would have done better though.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm beginning to dislike all this DRS and tire change strategy BS that is going on now with F1?. What ever happened to good car in hands of a skilled driver competition? I was very impressed with Vettles last 3 laps. He ate that track and almost got third place. I must educate myself on DRS now.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
DRS' sole purpose was to increase passing so that other racing fans can see the "excitement" they claim F1 was missing.

I like it for one reason, it does enable a faster driver to get around someone slowing them up as many tracks are too narrow for passing in the turns. The tires? Reformulate! The clag on the tracks is just ridiculous. If you go offline to try to pass your car gains 50 lbs just from the rubber you pick up!

Relevant: I wonder if this is the future? And perhaps the old Williams truly was decades ahead of its time, and thats where the sport will ultimately go. Full electronic control, suspension and braking.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The race in Bahrain has been the the most exciting IHO so far this season. There was some real racing going on. I also liked it that Vettel has won this race cleanly without controversary. It also opened up my eyes to Alonso's capabilities. If it weren't for his car, I don't think he would be much of a contender.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Nice race indeed! I was also suprised by Lotus performance so far, very impressive and leaving Mc Laren far behind though...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
DRS' sole purpose was to increase passing so that other racing fans can see the "excitement" they claim F1 was missing.

I like it for one reason, it does enable a faster driver to get around someone slowing them up as many tracks are too narrow for passing in the turns. The tires? Reformulate! The clag on the tracks is just ridiculous. If you go offline to try to pass your car gains 50 lbs just from the rubber you pick up!

Relevant: I wonder if this is the future? And perhaps the old Williams truly was decades ahead of its time, and thats where the sport will ultimately go. Full electronic control, suspension and braking.

I really hope electric cars are not the future, we need to sell oil to you guys in US :D

Actually, to be honest, electric cars is a bit of a gimmick, range is strictly limited and you need to generate the electricity from somewhere....
Where is the gain if you use a gas plant to generate electricity to transport it halfway across the state with big transmission loss, so that you can drive "more green".

So if you wanna drive from California to New Jersey you're gonna have a nightmare driving this car....

He's talking about energy from renewable sources, it's only two countries in the world that consistently manage this, Norway and Switzerland with water based energy..... Denmark is the country with most wind based energy sources, but still they're relying more on nuclear power than windmills, so much for green power... not sure about coal, but I believe it's rising is use due to it's low cost and closing of nuclear plants due to environment fundamentalists..... so the environment fundamentalists actually potentially harm the environment, IMHO....

many countries rely very much on energy plants based on Coal, so now we're gonna go for electric cars around the world taking electric power from one of the most polluting energy sources the world has seen......

It's an illusion to believe that electric cars save the environment......

Electric cars has no other purpose than to make you believe you save the environment..... just a gimmick, tricks....
A fuel efficient regular car is better for the environment than an electric car!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
^ Sorry, "I wonder if this is the future" referred strictly to F1 where brake regeneration is powerful enough to make a significant different.

As far as alternative resources are concerned, I do agree completely. The only viable solution I am aware of is 1) stop driving so damn much and 2) hydrogen.

And yes, the race in Bahrain was one of the most exciting I've seen in a while.

@3db Alonso is a world champ, he's just been stuck waiting to get another great car. But it has been a few a years...

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
So, Honda is coming back in 2015 to supply engines to McLaren! Brings back the red and white livery!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis