UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
So have all the F1 geeks departed, or is this season so atrocious that no one wants to talk about it?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
So have all the F1 geeks departed, or is this season so atrocious that no one wants to talk about it?
Still here...there has been some good racing but I'm still digesting the changes. I've been unhappy with the constantly changing rules over the last bunch of years.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
After hearing the new cars in Australia, and seeing so few spectators even having ear plugs I kinda have to side with Australia. A live F1 event is a product, that can cost ridiculous sums of money, but if half the spectacle is obscured, then I am a little worried about what I bought for the Austin race this year! Hopefully some rule changes like RPM increase will get this season back on track, as well of course as teams that use Renault to get their stuff together!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I missed the Australia, finally watched the Malaysian race, and missed taping the last race. Looks like Mercedes did their homework in developing both engine and chassis. Its a good thing Vettel isn't driving for them because it wouldn't be a race at all. :p

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Australia was an embarrassment as 1/3 of the field DID NOT finish the race. There was only one minor collision. Mercedes is definitely leading the field, even more so than other Mercedes powered teams. The cars definitely look much more planted and stable than they did in Australia, but there are definitely a lot of kinks to be worked out with the new 'power units.'

majorloser

majorloser

Mercedes engines are the only ones that are reliable. None of the cars are any good. Screw this hybrid tree hugging crap. Give me the V-10's back. These new cars suck.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just curious - does anyone here is interested in Sim Racing (rFactor/iRacing etc...) or just prefer watching the TV?

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

I'm sick of these stupid hybrid cars. They are slower, the drivers spend too much time playing with adjustments and these cars can't corner worth a crap. What good is a race where you need at least 2 seconds of clean air for the car to perform?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally finished watching the Chinese GP. Alonso was an ahole at the start of the race for sure. Vettel is getting really fustrated with his car and I can't blame him. Team Mercedes is going to dominate this season if the last 3 races are any indication.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Its interesting that cars like the Porsche 918 and McLaren P1 are now two of the fastest production cars ever, and utilize hybrid tech so well where they are able to offset turbo lag and provide extra torque out of every corner. Yet in F1 they have difficulties modulating the brakes so their corner entry is already off line. But its not the hybrids fault that aero has been cut in half and the cars have little traction, but tremendous torque.

I think Bernie and the rule makers need to consult the engineers more before making these changes. Gravity is a constant, regardless of how advanced your technology is you still have to play by realities rules!

Oh and I confirmed from some friends in the east, the cars are so quiet ear plugs are not needed. And they have been to F1 races before. :-(

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
FWIW, I watched the Spanish GP and I'm getting bored of the 1st and 2nd place finishes being Mercedez all the time. What I thought was awesome is the Vettle who started in 15th place managed to claw his way back up to 4th place. Now that's skill in driving.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hey F1 guys!!! I know you saw the Canada GP, was that not incredible or what!? Mercedes finally falters (although Hamilton has always been hard on brakes, and tires, and motors and...) but that they had lost 20% power early on and lost their 30+ sec lead. My faith for a great race in Austin is renewed, especially since there are now two races after Austin. It really could go any way!

Redbull/Renault seem to have figured something out as they have improved their performance, but still are 5 seconds a lap off Mercedes. And poor Kimi and Alonso, get to showcase their raw Championship worthy talent, only to have it wasted on man handling a car just to keep it on track. But I guess its no surprise that a company known for monstrous engines can't cope with a piddly 6 cylinder.

Ahhh, anyway, I'm happy to be able to renew this thread now that something interesting has happened, haha!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I taped the Montreal GP and for some reason, it started recording on the lap where Hamilton drove into the pits and it was game over. This was the best race of the season so far and the race for 3rd to 5th spot was amazing. I really like that the Montreal track is really hard on cars and it shows the metal of the engineering behind the cars.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis