Transformers trailer

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
AS I drove from the movie theater I was expecting the cars on the road to transform!
OMG I felt the same way. In fact as I was driving home, I couldn't help to have a heavy foot and until my wife yelled at me for doing 100mph on the expressway, I didn't even realize I was speeding. Hmm... I think my Acura TL would make a great autobot :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
OMG I felt the same way. In fact as I was driving home, I couldn't help to have a heavy foot and until my wife yelled at me for doing 100mph on the expressway, I didn't even realize I was speeding. Hmm... I think my Acura TL would make a great autobot :)
Yeah! Where was the NSX? I know I did a nice big burnout when I left, but I was making an illegal turn because I need to take the exit from my theater that doesn't cause my car to scrape. The transformers is just trying to say chevy, and it ain't gunna happen.

SheepStar

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Yeah! Where was the NSX? I know I did a nice big burnout when I left, but I was making an illegal turn because I need to take the exit from my theater that doesn't cause my car to scrape. The transformers is just trying to say chevy, and it ain't gunna happen.

SheepStar
I saw the new camaro in the autoshow in MIami about 6 months ago. IT looked awesome

J

jvm051

Audioholic Intern
Don't be suprised to see Jazz back in future installments. Jazz was a main character in the series.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Don't be suprised to see Jazz back in future installments. Jazz was a main character in the series.
I wouldn't be too sure of that. The new movie didn't follow the storyline of G1 all that much and even the G1 movie didn't have much respect for the original characters. They killed off nearly all the main G1 autobots...

J

jvm051

Audioholic Intern
I wouldn't be too sure of that. The new movie didn't follow the storyline of G1 all that much and even the G1 movie didn't have much respect for the original characters. They killed off nearly all the main G1 autobots...

Good point, I will be curious to see how Megatron comes back. Unless they are going to plan on having Starscream run the show. Could be a possible storyline for the second movie, only to have Megatron resurected at the end of Part 2 to have a all out war for the 3rd. Still don't understand why the dropped them in the ocean, when they could have crushed them. Funny part about the G1 animated movie, is after they killed Prime, the brought him back later on in the cartoon because the fans were upset.

J

jvm051

Audioholic Intern
Forgot to ask, if anyone has seen the remastered G1 DVD? I have the original DVD, but the audio is poor at best, and it is pan in scan

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Good point, I will be curious to see how Megatron comes back. Unless they are going to plan on having Starscream run the show. Could be a possible storyline for the second movie, only to have Megatron resurected at the end of Part 2 to have a all out war for the 3rd. Still don't understand why the dropped them in the ocean, when they could have crushed them. Funny part about the G1 animated movie, is after they killed Prime, the brought him back later on in the cartoon because the fans were upset.
THey put him in the water to set up for part 2. Anyone notice that scorpionok was not killed.
I remember when they brought prime back. He was crazy as ****. THat **** freaked me out back in the day.

Matt34

Matt34

That is the one I am talking about. How does it look? and is the sound decent. Nothing better than hearing "You got the touch" in 5.1
I picked it up a couple weeks ago, it's decent for a 20yr old animated movie but don't expect any miracles.

Where are you at in AZ?

C

chris6878

Audioholic
YEa its better than your copy but not amazing. But it is the best update of the movie out.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
Just saw it on Sunday...wow.

I went in ready to see some good effects...not sure how they'd make a valid story worth paying too much attention too...and I left very impressed.

I think that is about as good as a Transformers movie could have been done. Very entertaining movie. Shai is turning into one of my favorite actors and the chicks...wow. They were so hot even my wife was like, "wow, they're pretty hot".

Great movie, I really enjoyed it. (And I saw it at an Ultra Screen theater...very large screen and couch seating with trays for food/drinks. Fun time)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
********************Plot SPOILERS***************************

DO NOT READ THIS THREAD BEYOND THIS POINT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE

Ok I figure everyone on this forum has had enough time to go see this movie. If not, close this thread down, go see it, and come back :)

Firstly, I'd like to reiterate that I really enjoyed this movie. It brought to screen the characters I loved and adored as a child and it really made me rediscover my affection for Transformers in general. I've been watching the old G1 series again as a result courtesy of various online sites that host the eposides.

That being said, there were a few things in the movie that kinda irked me. I will tabluate them below:

• Why was Prime such a wimp? He was owned by Megatron during every fight sequence. In the G1 show, he was always a bit stronger and more courageous than Megatron. Megatron relied on cheat tactics and deception to win. In this movie Megatron appeared to outgun, outsize and out brawn Optimus in every way possible. It left a bad feeling for me seeing Prime being dominated. Also, I felt he was too thin. the original Prime had a chest that was only rivaled by classic Arnold back in the day. This Prime looked like he needed remedial weight training classes.

He was nowhere to be found during key battle sequences, and he was too eager to kill himself to destroy the allspark rather than trying to stop Megatron first

• Why was the Allspark by default making only evil lifeforms? If this brought life to all transformers, should it not have done so good and bad depending on who was using it?

• Why couldn't Bay do a better job of clearly showing the characters fighting? Half the battle sequences, I couldn't tell who was who.

• Iron Hide was cool, but why didn't he kick some decepticon tail? He seemed all talk and no action or did I miss something?

• I noted they accidentally refered to the Decepticon tank as Devistator. Too bad they didn't edit that before releasing the movie. I wonder if they will fix that for the DVD release?

If a sequel is planned I hope they focus a bit more dialogue on the transformers and show the bond the autobots have and the despise Megatron (assuming he comes back) and Starscream have for each other, etc.

I liked the heavy involvement of the humans which made sense since the battles did take place on earth. I always hated the fact that the G1 shows almost never had humans mixed in with the battles and that when they did, the humans were almost always stupid and weak. At least in this movie, they did a great job fighting off the decepticons.

Overall this was a very good movie for what it was and it puts a smile on my face that Transformers are back and here to stay!

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'll purchase this once it's released on DVD. The transformer toys were after my time so I cant relate to it on that level, but it looks like a real humdinger of a popcorn flick.

C

chris6878

Audioholic
********************Plot

• Why was Prime such a wimp? He was owned by Megatron during every fight sequence. In the G1 show, he was always a bit stronger and more courageous than Megatron. Megatron relied on cheat tactics and deception to win. In this movie Megatron appeared to outgun, outsize and out brawn Optimus in every way possible. It left a bad feeling for me seeing Prime being dominated. Also, I felt he was too thin. the original Prime had a chest that was only rivaled by classic Arnold back in the day. This Prime looked like he needed remedial weight training classes.

I agree! That had me so pissed off. That is all I kept talking about, "why is prime just eating punches." After he served the first dude up with his sword I knew he was about to hand megatron his a.s.s.!

He was nowhere to be found during key battle sequences, and he was too eager to kill himself to destroy the allspark rather than trying to stop Megatron first
He was to eager to die! In original cartoon movie, primed took out like 5 decepticons and was beating megatron down until he had to save one of his autobots "forgot who". Bay lost cool points on that one.

• Why was the Allspark by default making only evil lifeforms? If this brought life to all transformers, should it not have done so good and bad depending on who was using it?

Yea that made no sense either.

• Why couldn't Bay do a better job of clearly showing the characters fighting? Half the battle sequences, I couldn't tell who was who.

Yea the battles were moving so fast that I was lost.

• Iron Hide was cool, but why didn't he kick some decepticon tail? He seemed all talk and no action or did I miss something?

Yea he was to first one to say run when megatron appeared. THe real Ironhide would have been eager to step up to fight megatron.

• I noted they accidentally refered to the Decepticon tank as Devistator. Too bad they didn't edit that before releasing the movie. I wonder if they will fix that for the DVD release?

Yea I noticed that also. Was that bonecrusher?

If a sequel is planned I hope they focus a bit more dialogue on the transformers and show the bond the autobots have and the despise Megatron (assuming he comes back) and Starscream have for each other, etc.

I heard it will be a trilogy. The boy and the girl sighned on for 2 more already. I know that starscream is still alive. So is scorpionok and barricade. They have to bring back megatron. It will be weird without him. All they did was put them in water. U know that isnt enough to stop them from coming back.

I liked the heavy involvement of the humans which made sense since the battles did take place on earth. I always hated the fact that the G1 shows almost never had humans mixed in with the battles and that when they did, the humans were almost always stupid and weak. At least in this movie, they did a great job fighting off the decepticons.

That was a first. non weak humans

Overall this was a very good movie for what it was and it puts a smile on my face that Transformers are back and here to stay!

Another thing that I hated is that they killed off jazz. He was always one of my favorites. WHen he died it hurt almost as much as when primed died in the original.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Another thing that I hated is that they killed off jazz. He was always one of my favorites. WHen he died it hurt almost as much as when primed died in the original.
Actually it didn't affect me that much since Jazz played such a small roll in this movie. He was also way too small. I think he was smaller than Bumblebee.

I am still not over Prime dying in the original movie, so don't get me started :mad:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis