Transformers trailer

M

mardelgo

Junior Audioholic
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: : :D :D :D :D :. That was the "child in me" reaction. Sound awesome in my Logitech Z2300.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
sounds spectacular on my polks and velodyne :)

i hate these teaser trailers ...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
This movie had the potential to be amazing, but Michael Bay ****ed the whole thing up, making Megatron look like a mega douche, and making all the other cars different makes and models (my guess going to the highest bidder).

So p'd off.

At least Peter Jackson is making Halo...

SheepStar

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Sheep said:
So p'd off.

SheepStar
Then you will probably be even more p'd off to find out that the Halo movie is on hold. If and when PJ makes it is up in the air right now, the last I had read anyway.

As for the Transformers movie, I think they should have left the characters the same (as you said Sheep). Bay and Hollywood will mess this up for sure. My expectations are low, low, low . . . . (like ho, ho, ho - because of Christmas, get it :D )

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i'm wondering where star scream and the other fighter jets are ... they are after all the fanciest "transformers"

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Since Hollywood ruins *almost* every re-make or similar(movies based on old television shows or comics), it's hard to expect this movie to be good, especially to many fans of the original series and movie from the 80's, of which this new movie is supposedly based upon. But, sometimes Hollywood screws up and makes something nice, so there is some small measure of hope, despite the severe distortion of original character physical likenesses. It might even turn out to be a great movie for people whom are not familiar with the original story, but I think any major changes to the original story/history will turn off many of the original fans, regardless of the quality of the movie, overall. A good example would be the Beast Machines Transformers television series from around 2000. It was a very good production in it's own right, probably the best one of the Transformers series in visuals and overall execution, but it completely disregarded the original story lines, eventually re-writing nearly everything. It was especially annoying because it was supposedly a continuance of the Beast Wars Transformers series, but Beast Wars writers carefully respected the original story from the 80's series, being careful not to re-write the origin/history. Since Beast Machines, they gave up on any kind of continuance or adhesion to the 80's storyline, instead making up completely new alternate 'universes' for series introduced after Beast Machines.

-Chris

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
alandamp said:
Then you will probably be even more p'd off to find out that the Halo movie is on hold. If and when PJ makes it is up in the air right now, the last I had read anyway.

As for the Transformers movie, I think they should have left the characters the same (as you said Sheep). Bay and Hollywood will mess this up for sure. My expectations are low, low, low . . . . (like ho, ho, ho - because of Christmas, get it :D )
You need to check imdb.com more often. It says it's in production now.

Here's some photo's of the transformers for the movie.

SheepStar

Last edited:
racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Sheep said:
You need to check imdb.com more often. It says it's in production now.

SheepStar
You need to "read" what it says actually says on imdb. Under status updated we have a 31 October, 2006. That is quickly approaching 2 months old.

If you want more up to date info, try going to google news or similar and typing in "Halo movie".

Here is an excerpt from Askmen.com updated on Dec. 11th

"There has been a lot of buzz around the development and production of Halo and most reports have been positive... until recently. Much to the chagrin of Halo fans everywhere, the latest reports indicate that production has been put on hold."

In fact, right in the comments on imdb it says the project is postponed!!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Sheep said:
This movie had the potential to be amazing, but Michael Bay ****ed the whole thing up, making Megatron look like a mega douche, and making all the other cars different makes and models (my guess going to the highest bidder).

So p'd off.

SheepStar

Will those make a big difference to those who didn't follow the animated versions of the past?
Is that Halo another video game made into a movie?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
All it took for me to think this movie was going to suck, was seeing production stills of Optimus Prime as blue with orange flames. Gimme a break. But the trailer actually looks decent. Then again, they can make just about any piece of crap look good in a trailer.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
There was a preview of this flick prior to Night at the Museum yesterday...it actually looked decent...but trailers can be FAR from reality when it comes down to go time.

I'm curious at this point, nothing more.

I hate to pre-judge, but from what I've seen so far this will be a high action, entertaining movie that throws a nod to fans and nothing more. The characters are so changed and overly complex in their design that this might be better named "Morphormers".

They should have given this project (and final decision-making authority) to someone who was a big fan of the Generation 1 characters and storyline. As is, it seems to have some familiar names, a similar title hero character and then complete design deviation throughout the main Decepticon lineup.

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Sheep... you've been had. Those "screenshots" of yours are, in fact, fan-made, from several years ago, before this movie had even been announced. The transformers in the film look nothing like what you posted, nothing like any Transformer has ever looked before.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Jedi2016 said:
Sheep... you've been had. Those "screenshots" of yours are, in fact, fan-made, from several years ago, before this movie had even been announced. The transformers in the film look nothing like what you posted, nothing like any Transformer has ever looked before.
Well they were the only thing I was able to pull up. I've seen the Bay version of megatron. GAY! I remember seeing a red and blue optimus from a friend but I don't remember what page it was from. If I remember correctly it was not true to form.

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hey,

Does anyone know if Mater and Lightning have a role?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Suck on this

Bumble Bee

Prime

Megatron is pretty hard to find now. I'll post a pic once I find one.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis