Transformers trailer

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I have pretty much decided that the CGI is going to suck. This would have been a prefect film for computer enhanced stop motion with real models. Having said that, I think it looks fun and my youngest can't wait. He loves the cartoons and toys.

Lets hope for an Imax 3D version though :)

Last edited:
Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I think some of you guys fail to think about whats important here....

This movie has and will have some incredible bass tracks.... :eek: :eek:
I have already uploaded the trailers to my XBMC and played them through my system... OMG...

Who actually gives a crap about this movie... its content will be rediculus & won't be worth your money... I think that is easy enough to say here...

But... the BASS is extra-ordinary !!!!

Well Thats all I give a cr@p about here... hehheheh

Warp

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord

I have already uploaded the trailers to my XBMC and played them through my system... OMG...

Who actually gives a crap about this movie... its content will be rediculus & won't be worth your money... I think that is easy enough to say here...

Warp
This is the only part of your post that I agree with. I've downloaded the 480p trailer and played the audio over my stereo. It's insane. There is SO much bass, and it sounds very well done. The CGI also is awesome. I don't know how you could say it's crap, the whole movie is based on cars turning into robots; cheap out and it will flop.

SheepStar

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Saw the trailer and as an avid Transformers fan from childhood, I will go see the movie. Kinda pisses me off how they made Megatron look and I wished they would have stayed closer to the original cartoon.

In any event, I am looking forward so long as the storyline is good and the acting isn't weak.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Saw the trailer and as an avid Transformers fan from childhood, I will go see the movie. Kinda pisses me off how they made Megatron look and I wished they would have stayed closer to the original cartoon.

In any event, I am looking forward so long as the storyline is good and the acting isn't weak.
so, you want megatron to be the size of a human sized pistol when transformed, or a giant pistol cannon, the size of the robots? :) :D

because in the cartoons (old ones), megatron was as big as sound wave, but when he transformed, he became as small as a pistol.

I think there was also a time when megatron still became a pistol, but really big.

then there was the PC type of transformers where megatron just became a cannon. (purple colored one)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
so, you want megatron to be the size of a human sized pistol when transformed, or a giant pistol cannon, the size of the robots?

because in the cartoons (old ones), megatron was as big as sound wave, but when he transformed, he became as small as a pistol.

I think there was also a time when megatron still became a pistol, but really big.

then there was the PC type of transformers where megatron just became a cannon. (purple colored one)
Yea the size issues of the old shows were a bit annoying, though not so much when I was 11 years old :)

I don't mind him being a Jet, Tank, Bug etc, but I really wanted his robot form to look similar to the cartoon. The pics I saw recently make him look more like the aliens from Indepedence Day. :(

Everything seems overly complex to me... Why does Starscream have to look so stupidly out of sorts... It's almost like the robot forms are a head surrounded by a bunch of exploded parts.

Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix

Junior Audioholic

Warp
You *do* have a point: This is the audioholics forum, afterall! :D

I saw the new trailer during Heros last night and thought the CGI didn't look half bad, but even in the trailer the bass was rockin'.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Everything seems overly complex to me... Why does Starscream have to look so stupidly out of sorts... It's almost like the robot forms are a head surrounded by a bunch of exploded parts.
I don't think Starscream is in the movie. From what I recall in an interview, the only cannon characters are: Optimus, Iron Hide, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Scorponik.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I don't like how the models appear to have millions of parts either. It's like super-complicated machinery with the sheet metal from a car/plane/whatever bolted over.

I would have much preferred models that look more like the vehicles or machines they transform into, like the model of Prime on the first page.

Oh well.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Eh, we've already got 3 dozen shitty movies on DVD that only have a gimmicky LFE channel as their only saving grace. Did they really need to overhaul a perfectly good franchise (which already had a great movie) just so GM could have one last hurrah before Hyundai wipes their *** with them?

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I love how '***' is censored but not 'shitty' :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Starscream is in the movie.

Courtesy of Vancouver Civics...

Bumblebee

Jazz

Blackout

Iron Hide

Frenzy (part of barricade)

Starscream

Megatron

Optimus Prime

These are the REAL renderings.

SheepStar

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Odd that Optimus and Bumblebee would have color while the others don't. The movie trailer shows a robot exiting a swimming pool with a cycloptic eye looking to resemble Shockwave but I know he isn't in it. I was figuring it must have been Iron Hide since he didn't kill the little girl, but the pic Sheep shows of Iron Hide looks much different.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
The Decepticons seem to be mostly silver I guess?

I dunno. Most of them look like random piles of metal bits with a tire or windshield thrown in. More like something from Katamari Damacy than Transformers.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
These are realistic transformers. I like this more. Yes, some are butchered (Optimus should have been a flat fronted truck) but this is a update, as well as a remake. That previous truck was made in 1984, its 2007.

These pictures are only some of the transformers, there is much more, so the one you saw could still be someone else.

And just to let your know, they will have voices. Megatron is played by Hugo Weaving. Optimus is Peter Cullen.

SheepStar

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Realistic? Look at Megatron. He's a giant pile of metal shards that don't appear to fit together in any way. There's no obvious mechanism for movement.

Bumblebee and Prime look pretty good, but most of the Decepticons look more like aliens than machines. Random metal protrusions in a vaguely humanoid shape don't make a good Transformer IMO.

Oh well. I'll still see it and probably love it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis