Transformers trailer

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Disappointing. The show focuses on human characters, not the Transformers. The Transformers seem to be used only as an excuse for dazzling action scenes. This movie is about 95% action. Typical mindless Hollywood script. I really can't say how the movie relates to the G1 story; since so little story/history was actually covered. There were some minor changes that were obvious, but anything major? I don't know. Frankly, this movie was all action. Story took a distance 2nd place here. If I had not been with someone else, I would have walked out about 1/2 way through due to boredom(mindless action does not usually satisfy me).

-Chris
There we go.

SheepStar

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I took my youngest to see it on tuesday. He loved it and I thought it was ok. I was very quickly reminded why I don't go to the theaters any more. The sound and picture sucked big time. We are supposed to be getting an IMAX multiplex soon so I hope it will be better then. The movie will be a reference DVD for sure. I can see this really testing systems if they mix it right. I thought it was a lot more fun than Independence Day if that means anything.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Saw it this afternoon. Here is my mixed review on AVRant.com:

http://www.avrant.com/?p=121

Register and comment - I want to hear what you guys think...
Clint,

I pretty much agree with your assessment. There were some parts where I thought WOW! and others were I thought " o good grief charlie brown"

and they killed off Megatron not Prime:) (PS. It was a joke, Jeff)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Did anyone catch the Strange teaser for codename "Cloverfield"? The teaser was all in video cam, the end shows no title. It looks interesting, and is probably the most enticing teaser I have seen. But then I found out the whole film is supposed to be filmed, or depicted as filmed, with the use of a home video camera from the view of citizens of New York City.:confused:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Did anyone catch the Strange teaser for codename "Cloverfield"? The teaser was all in video cam, the end shows no title. It looks interesting, and is probably the most enticing teaser I have seen. But then I found out the whole film is supposed to be filmed, or depicted as filmed, with the use of a home video camera from the view of citizens of New York City.:confused:
I think that's going to be another godzilla movie.

EDIT: It is, its a godzilla movie filmed from home cameras.

SheepStar

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I think that's going to be another godzilla movie.

EDIT: It is, its a godzilla movie filmed from home cameras.

SheepStar
Can you verify this is true through some link?

That my initial thought as well, being that it was Neuve York and there was roaring and fire. The Statue of Liberty's head is what is confusing me. If this is a sequal to the Godzilla that was based in NY that was made a few years ago, then the throwing the Statue of Liberty's head doesn't really make much sense. Oh well, I guess I will see when it comes out, or when I see some evidence leading to what the film is supposed to be about.;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Can you verify this is true through some link?

That my initial thought as well, being that it was Neuve York and there was roaring and fire. The Statue of Liberty's head is what is confusing me. If this is a sequal to the Godzilla that was based in NY that was made a few years ago, then the throwing the Statue of Liberty's head doesn't really make much sense. Oh well, I guess I will see when it comes out, or when I see some evidence leading to what the film is supposed to be about.;)
www.imdb.com

Type Cloverfield in the search, it's all there.

SheepStar

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
www.imdb.com

Type Cloverfield in the search, it's all there.

SheepStar
I hope it is just conjecture, but it seems like the real deal.:( I think it would be cool if they just threw the "godzilla" thing out there to mislead people and then surprise people with something else. I have always thought that would be a good idea. It is really hard to surprise people with big blockbuster films like Transformers, Independence Day, or Godzilla, because they get so much attention and people are really wanting to know what it is about.:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Saw it this afternoon. Here is my mixed review on AVRant.com:

http://www.avrant.com/?p=121

Register and comment - I want to hear what you guys think...
Character Development
This movie was very human-centric and spent more time on setting up Sam (almost never called ‘Spike’ to my surprise) and his relationship with his parents and soon-to-be girlfriend. The dialogue was fine, but mostly lacking. It seemed as if every time the humans spoke I wished they would shut up (especially Sam’s mother) and every time the Transformers spoke I wanted more. We got the setup for Sam Witwicki. We got some background on the heroine. We even got background on Sam’s relatives and some insight into his parents. What we did not get was a lot of background on the real reason everyone came to see the movie - the Autobots and Decepticons. They simply existed, were introduced (Autobots through Prime and Decepticons through closed-caption-style text as they received their orders later into the movie), and did their thing with no r4ason for anyone in the audience to care one way or the other about them - not really, anyway. It’s because we know so much about them already (through years of television) that the audience was able to fill in the pieces.
Did you sleep through the giant introduction? Optimus explained the entire reason why the 2 parties existed, and why they came to earth.

SheepStar

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Did you sleep through the giant introduction? Optimus explained the entire reason why the 2 parties existed, and why they came to earth.

SheepStar
I think he meant throughout the coarse of the movie. The movie would have been very messed up without the "cube" intro.

Yes, but that's doesn't make me feel for the robots. Getting a brief VO with facts does not substitute (successfully) for any kind of character development.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, but that's doesn't make me feel for the robots. Getting a brief VO with facts does not substitute (successfully) for any kind of character development.
Hm, I felt bad when Bumblebee was being tortured. Maybe you're not human.

SheepStar

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I guess you're more in touch with your feminine side, Sheep... :)
Its always nice to have a guy who can tell us if our new gear will pass WAF don't look at it as a bad side just be useful to the rest of us! :p

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The movie was awesome overall.

My (few) complaints:
Was hard to tell who was who (transformers)
Optimus could have been a bit tougher
I would have liked to see more on Cybertron

The Positives:
For once in an Alien type movie, humans kick ***!
The movie had great action and an overall good story line and good humor

This is a movie I will buy, especially if it comes on HD or Blu Ray. Next week, we will open this thread to Spoilers.

majorloser

majorloser

This was a great movie!!!!

My only complaint was that the transformations happened so quickly you really could make out how it happened.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
This was a great movie!!!!

My only complaint was that the transformations happened so quickly you really could make out how it happened.
I think that's the idea :). I'm glad the old school noise was still in it.

SheepStar

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Hm, I felt bad when Bumblebee was being tortured. Maybe you're not human.

SheepStar
I was hurt about jazz, damn near cried. I also didnt like the prime vs megatron fight. (Did they forget what he did in the cartoon movie. Prime is no bi t ch)
One of the best movies I have ever seen. I saw it on a dlp projector in HD. Just beautiful!
AS I drove from the movie theater I was expecting the cars on the road to transform!

Also I have heard they will be doing a trilogy.
Here is the link to part two.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis