Top 10 Subwoofers in the World!!!

pbc

pbc

Audioholic
What the hell is that #10 there?
Why, it's the 10th best subwoofer in the world. The Dell Xps M170 E1705 9200 9300 9400 Subwoofer Speaker F5378.

This little puppy will give your Dell laptop deep distortion free bass down to a thundering 300hz, and, most incredibly, do so for the cool price of $0.98 per subwoofer.

P

pureiso

Junior Audioholic
So you are trying to argue that these are the ultimate just because they are good enough?

That does not sound right...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Pfft. This thread is pointless. Everyone knows that if the sub isn't THX ulra2 certified that it can't be the best in the world...:rolleyes:

Couldn't resist:D

T

The Bogg

Audiophyte
Why, it's the 10th best subwoofer in the world. The Dell Xps M170 E1705 9200 9300 9400 Subwoofer Speaker F5378.

This little puppy will give your Dell laptop deep distortion free bass down to a thundering 300hz, and, most incredibly, do so for the cool price of $0.98 per subwoofer.
lol, order me 2.

Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL

Junior Audioholic
I guess I have to start over with my theater now that I've read this thread.

I have two SVS PB-13 Ultras that are only running 10-13% of their capability in my room.

It was stated that "if you can't use the full capability, you don't have a proper theater".

-Bummer :eek:
Crap i think my pb12nsd dsp is at like 5-10 % :D

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
Where does the poor man's Thigpen rotary rank?

Lasko 16" Stand Fan with Remote ? Walmart.com
This was the icing on the this thread! LMAO.

But really though, the best 'off the shelf' subwoofer is the Thigpen rotary sub woofer, which can deliver down to 1 Hz... They (6 I think) are used in replicating Niagra Falls sounds.
Then I read all these posts about $2, 3, 4K.... ugh! I will stick to DIY! 120 db out of a 12" sub (driver) at 20 Hz, 1m, in a huge open room ... $450...

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
The marketing folks are always happy when the market believes their advertised product is best, especially when the market has not yet auditioned the product to get a perception of the product's qualities from a meaningful perspective. At any rate, my sub-woofer needs were satisfied long ago, back in 1987 as I recall. Home Theatre was just beginning then with the introduction of stereo Beta-max. It was the first time I perceived a need for a sub-woofer to enjoy all there was to enjoy. To fulfill the need I purchased a JBL B380 passive sub. This sub is no longer produced today. The idea behind it was to extend the frequency range of the JBL L100 for those who may have had some vinyl containing low frequencies. I still use this sub exclusively today for all of my audio/video engagements, and, it still satisfies. My A/V pre/pro handles the crossover at an appropriate point, and, with about 560 watts from my Sony TA-N80ES amp bridged to mono the sub provides music and movie realism without exaggeration.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I think the OP should have named this thread, my fave top 10 subs... I think that is what he meant... Kind of like the Letterman top ten...

I wish I had the balls to spend over $1000 on a sub because I heard the JL audio gotham 213 sub at the JL audio factory in florida, {they had 2 set up in medium sized room, they were retarded'...}
We were down there for bike week and stayed another week after, hanging out with a friend of mine who prezez a club in the area, he was setting up a theater in his ft lauderdale house and was going on a private tour of JL audio, he asked if we wanted to tag along, and away we went... He bought 2- 212's I believe.. And all B&W speakers, with ATI amps if that makes any sense...

E

endless ent

Enthusiast
Bose comments made me laugh

Think back to the Bose and Rush Limbaugh promoting hayday of the turn of 80's to 90's. I was working in the industry in sales and service for Circuit City. Many sales advisors rode the popularity wave by reinforcing marketing mind wipes the masses were experiencing by T.V. and radio. Much like todays Apple and Gold propaganda. The zombies would come in to the sound room saying "oh yeah them Boss or Bozes them the best right" Followed by the sales guy reply yeh, yeh it even comes with the base module. They closed sales with more ease and better commissions pleasing the mindless in the comfort they were the rare ones to have a "woofer box" and the women with the hidden cute little cubes. I was always the fool to fight upstream by auditioning far superior sounding speakers often for less money and in some instances even accepting the form factor limitations imposed with the wife factor. Needless to say confusing the psycology of the buying process with the reality of personally tested product knowledge. My method probably cost me ten's of thousands in lost revenue but I liberated hundreds from mind numbing group think and got a customer service award.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think the OP should have named this thread, my fave top 10 subs... I think that is what he meant... Kind of like the Letterman top ten...
If you take a look at the thread, that is definitely NOT what the OP meant because he actually argued against other opinions for other subs.

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I thought my day was already ruined, but this thread made my day... I can't stop laughing :D

PS:
I too vote for Bose Bass Module :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis