Top 10 Current Speaker Manufacturers in the World!!!

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Swerd - Maybe you should know what you're talking about FIRST, before you lecture anyone else.
Ridikas, speaking of knowing what we're talking about, can you please explain to me why the speakers you designed measure identically to the commercial speakers you've owned six pairs of?

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showpost.php?p=1794483&postcount=22
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/855909-post21.html

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'll comment on one of your points, but that's it, don't feel like wasting my time.
You mean you'll grasp for straws and thus don't want to give too many hints at how clueless you are?

Front firing ports are superior in every possible way.
Like the contribution of diffraction, the increased audibility of pipe resonance (or are well designed ports free of pipe resonances? :confused: ) the increased audibility of leaked midrange... what else?

As for ribbon tweeters... They suck!
Riiiiiggght.

Plain and simple. They have high distortion as can be evident from Zaph Audio and other tests done on various forums.
:D

Guys, can anyone explain me about this high distortion?

:confused:

why doesn't skyline hear this distortion in his new ER18 MTMs?

Is this audible or is it just a bunch of squiglies to make people think they know how a driver sounds?

They also need to be crossed over at around 3kHz
Fountek, Beyma, CSS, Aurum Cantus, RAAL, would beg to differ..

making a two-way monitor design very difficult.
I see. So the Philharmonics are two-way monitors?

A serious monitor, with proper output, and a 7" mid-woofer will start to beam at those frequencies and have terrible off-axis response. Best to just stay away from them.
You do know the crossover point of the Fountek Ribbon..... right?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
All I know, is that a lot of front ported speakers can annoy me.
It is not just bass, that can come through the port.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
ridikas
Looks, looks, looks! In this day and age, speakers with sharp corners are not very pleasing.
So what about your beloved
Goldmunds, they have sharp corners and their actually about as boxy as any speaker I have ever seen.

Personally I don't care what a speaker looks like, where it's made or how much a speaker cost as long as it sounds good to me and it meets my expectations because the only person a piece of audio equipment has to please, is me.

PS: You remind me of some guy in Waukegan, IL that claims to make the best audio cables in the world "Guaranteed" !!!
He also claimed Goldmunds were the best speaker ever made. Maybe you and he are one in the same person, just saying that is.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Where is DPS in all of this?

His input would be interesting.

Last edited:
R

ridikas

Banned
GranteedEV - You use nasty tactics. You follow me around from forum to forum and look for a fight every single time I post. People who do that end up losing and looking stupid in the end.

If you don't like my posts, please don't respond. I have no interest in holding a conversation with you. But don't question my integrity. Now...

First, I've never said that all six pairs of the Goldmund's that I've owned/own measure the same. I only took measurements of the Logos1. As for why I've posted what I did in the other forum:

I have two pairs of Goldmund Logos1 speakers. The first pair is of the original and the second pair is of an exact replica that I've put together. They are built 100% identical and measure 99.99% identical.

They measure approximately +/-1.75dB from 200Hz-10,000Hz. I use an Audix TR40 measurement mic (uncalibrated in this particular set of measurements), Just MLS software, and an RME Fireface 400 soundcard.

Here are the pictures:

Attachments

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
GranteedEV - You use nasty tactics. You follow me around from forum to forum and look for a fight every single time I post.
It looks like you followed him here, considering you only registered this month :)

R

ridikas

Banned
Now let's list the positives for the top 5 loudspeaker manufacturers in the world.

Revel:

- Extremely flat frequency response for nearly all of the lines, including their budget speakers. Under +/-2dB and in most instances under +/-1.5dB.

- Ultima2 line has fantastic cabinets and offer the option of piano black.

- All lines use metal drivers, woofer, mid-woofers, midranges, and tweeters.

- Terrific off-axis response in all models and very low distortion.

- Uses waveguides, neodymium magnets, underhung motors, shorting rings, copper pole caps, etc.

- Feature a great product option for virtually any budget.

KEF:

- Extremely flat frequency response for nearly all of the lines, including their budget speakers. Under +/-2dB and in most instances under +/-1.5dB from 100Hz-10,000Hz.

- Have fantastic cabinets and piano black option.

- Feature a great product option for nearly any budget.

- All speakers have a waveguide.

- Most lines feature shorting rings, neodymium magnets, copper pole caps, etc.

- Excellent off-axis response and extremely low distortion throughout the entire product line.

Paradigm:

- Very good frequency response of +/-2dB from 100Hz-10,000Hz for the entire line of products.

- Terrific off-axis response.

- Low distortion.

- Fantastic cabinets with piano black option.

- Beryllium tweeters with neodymium magnets, but only in the Signature line.

- Front firing ports :)

-Product for virtually any budget.

Dynaudio:

- Good frequency response. Around +/-2dB from 100Hz-10,000kHz for at least half of the products.

- Great off-axis response.

- Descent distortion.

- Fantastic cabinets, with piano black option.

- Product for virtually any budget.

PSB Speakers:

- Ultra low distortion.

- Waveguides on nearly all product offerings.

- Excellent cabinets, but no black piano option for the Synchrony line.

- Extremely flat frequency response of under +/-2dB from 100Hz-10,000Hz. And in a lot of cases under +/-1.5dB.

- Terrific off-axis response.

- Copper pole caps and shorting rings in the Synchrony line.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
If you don't like my posts, please don't respond. I have no interest in holding a conversation with you. But don't question my integrity.
When you post, you open yourself up to replies to your post.

As long as GranteedEV is following forum rules, he can post as he pleases. If you don't like the replies...then don't post.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Last edited:
C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
I have two pairs of Goldmund Logos1 speakers. The first pair is of the original and the second pair is of an exact replica that I've put together. They are built 100% identical and measure 99.99% identical.
Doesn't that mean you only have one pair and DIY pair? They actually don't look like they are built identical to me.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Originally Posted by ridikas View Post

Doesn't that mean you only have one pair and DIY pair? They actually don't look like they are built identical to me.

And his speaker has sharp corners and those cannot be considered worthy.
ridikas
In this day and age, speakers with sharp corners are not very pleasing.
So that leaves any speaker out of the supper duper Ultimate Top Ten, The Best there is or will ever Be, The Greatest of All Time, Magical , I, we, Let's list..... So what about round

B

brownp23

Audiophyte
speakers

What about Klipsch speakers, they are widely used in some top theaters and sound great at movies, but what about when we use them in home?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What about Klipsch speakers, they are widely used in some top theaters and sound great at movies, but what about when we use them in home?
Klipsch don't meet the OP's requirements for +/-2dB FR. Even the $20K Palladium is like +/-4dB from 200Hz-10kHz.

R

ridikas

Banned
Thanks for the corrections. That makes KEF an even better choice :) And the Revel Ultima2 is pretty much state of the art.

Are the Gem2s sealed then?

As a clarification, when did I ever say that speakers cannot have sharp edges and, or that they would be disqualified if they did? Some people need to learn elementary grammar so that they can read a sentence, or two. And as for Goldmund, four of the visible outside corners are rounded. They are made out of 2cm thick aluminum bar stock plates and have just under 1/8" edge round over.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
ridikas
Quote:
In this day and age, speakers with sharp corners are not very pleasing.

And since I can only see the pictures on the Goldmund website since they appear to not be in the states, they sure look sharp and boxy.

Hey do you make Audio Cables ?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So the requirement of this list is the frequency responses close to +/-2dB 200Hz-10kHz on-axis and off-axis by 3rd party measurements. The speaker company must have at least 2 products that measure extremely well to show consistency. At least one of the products must be under $10,000/pr.

The pros and cons are subjective and do not affect the list; they are just comments and opinions regarding the products.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
GranteedEV - You use nasty tactics. You follow me around from forum to forum and look for a fight every single time I post. People who do that end up losing and looking stupid in the end.

If you don't like my posts, please don't respond. I have no interest in holding a conversation with you. But don't question my integrity. Now...
I have no interest in holding a conversation with you either, but I have a problem with half-facts, claims unsupported by perceptual research, trolling, persistent joke accounts, criteria chosen on a whim, and most of all liars who claim to have designed speakers that have the exact same measurements as the speakers they claim to own +/- 0db.

BTW, how's the group delay behaviour 1khz to 6khz where our ear is most sensitive, of those high diffraction sharp corner Goldmunds???

Right. Line up both pairs right next to each other along with a picture of yourself.

They measure approximately +/-1.75dB from 200Hz-10,000Hz. I use an Audix TR40 measurement mic (uncalibrated in this particular set of measurements), Just MLS software, and an RME Fireface 400 soundcard.
So you spent over $12K on speaker measurement gear to clone a speaker you already have??? And you needed to start a thread at parts express to find out how to do basic measurements???

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis