Top 10 Current Speaker Manufacturers in the World!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How would you know if you've never watched one? Some are actually fun. Most are terrible, but most shows are terrible anyway.
Internet. News. Forums. Word of mouth. Ect.

Certain things we never want to do in life. Things like that.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Internet. News. Forums. Word of mouth. Ect.

Certain things we never want to do in life. Things like that.
I must confess I do watch some reality show. Not the mainstream ones of course, but shows like the Ultimate Fighter are fun because there is something real to them.(yes it's actually scripted)

Survivor is annoying, but Survivorman is awesome. I love the discovery channel reality genre with the survivalist and animal dudes

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Reality shows don't exist. They are only pseudo reality shows where most everything is staged for the show's ratings. :rolleyes:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Wide reproduction of an idea defies it being innovative.
What's the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? A troll. You see a troll can infect even the most upstanding forum, turn the most civil members into aggressive neanderthals, and upset the entire balance of the forum.

Don't feed the trolls.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
What's the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? A troll. You see a troll can infect even the most upstanding forum, turn the most civil members into aggressive neanderthals, and upset the entire balance of the forum.

Don't feed the trolls.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: YOU'RE AN AGRESSIVE NEANDERTHAL!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

:D

T

T-Biskit

Audiophyte
1.) Goldmund
2.) Revel
3.) KEF
4.) Dynaudio
5.) Paradigm
6.) PSB
7.) Focal
8.) Magico
9.) B&W
10.) Sonus Faber

Must have class leading measurements of the following: On-axis SPL of +/-2dB (or better) from 100Hz-10,000kHz, horizontal off-axis response, vertical off-axis response, power response, distortion, phase/time alignment, etc.

Must have impeccable craftsmanship.

Must feature innovative and cutting edge technology, i.e. beryllium tweeters, neodymium magnets, copper/aluminum shorting rings, curved cabinets, underhung motors, etc.

Must be a current product.

Any other manufacturer(s) that belong on this list?
I currently own PSB speakers and have owned a couple of B&W's in the past and I agree with both of those being on your list. There are a couple of omissions that I think you might consider. Both Harbeth and Quad seem to always get incredibly positive reviews from the reviewers I respect the most. I haven't had the honor of auditioning speakers from either of those manufacturers, but based on everything I've read I think they at least deserve consideration on any top-ten list.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry, T-man. This is a dead thread,

I currently own PSB speakers and have owned a couple of B&W's in the past and I agree with both of those being on your list. There are a couple of omissions that I think you might consider. Both Harbeth and Quad seem to always get incredibly positive reviews from the reviewers I respect the most. I haven't had the honor of auditioning speakers from either of those manufacturers, but based on everything I've read I think they at least deserve consideration on any top-ten list.
It was started by a clever troll in order to cause a ruckus. It's been kicked, beat, tread upon and regurgitated enough times and it's long since outlived it's usefulness, assuming it had any to begin with, which is doubtful.

A good rule is to read through the whole thread to see where it went rather than jumping on after reading only the first post. ...particularly when one has this many posts under it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Everyone and his kitten knows that the Infinity P362 is in the top 10 list...right above Goldmund. :D

C

Critofur

Enthusiast
Everyone who's heard, or even seen a Goldmund, say aye
image_4499_1.jpg

Good god, that looks like an awful design - those tweeters?!? Two, offset both vertically and horizontally? But hey, MAYBE it sounds great, haven't heard it myself. I'm sure the off-axis measurements are not pretty however.

The picture maybe cute, but, the idea behind it is TERRIBLE. I'm so far past being sick and tired of people complaining about "old threads" - it's one of the dumbest things I've seen on the internets [to do so].

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis