Top 10 Current Speaker Manufacturers in the World!!!

R

ridikas

Banned
For those interested in what the great city of Chicago has to offer, read the list below. These are all storefront/showroom locations that actually display the listed speakers.

Audio Consultants - They have four locations. They display the following brands: All Thiel models, all Magnepan, all Martin Logan, all B&W including the Diamond series and they even had the Nautilus snails on a few occasions, Goldmund Epilogue 1 and 2 (used to), Egglestonworks including Andras, good selection of Amphion, good selection of Carnegie Acoustics, all Gallo Acoustics, all Revel (used to), McIntosh (even those made their way through), all Velodyne, all REL, all Phase Technology, Wilson Sashas, and many other brands.

Quintessence Audio - All Vienna Acoustics (including the super expensive models), all Dynaudio including the C2 II Signature, literally all Sonus Faber products, occasional Magico, occasional Vandersteen, REL, Revel, even the obscure line of Sonics, JL Audio, most of the Focal lines including the Utopia models, most of the Avalon speakers, and many other brands.

Simply Stereo - ALL Klipsch speakers, including the entire Heritage line. All Paradigm models including the Signature models. Revel. And many other brands. Very nice guys too :)

Decibel Audio - Good selection of Epos, good selection of the KEF Q series, good selection of Canton, some Herbeth models, Cambridge Audio, and many, many, many other smaller companies.

Music Direct - Entire product line from Wharfedale, most of the Focal speakers, up to the Electra line, Epos, and many others.

ABT Electronics - Entire Focal product line, including the Utopia line. Krell (used to). Everything from Bang and Olufsen, everything from Bose, most Definitive Technology, most Polk Audio, most MK, most Martin Logan, Sony, Yamaha, and the huge list goes on and on.

Saturday Audio Exchange - PSB line including the Synchrony speakers, Monitor Audio (most of them), Totem, most speakers from NHT, Sonus Faber, Cerwin Vega, KEF (lower end), Sunfire, etc.

Promusica - Tons of Paradigm, tons of Sonus Faber, tons of Epos, all Rega line, REL, Sunfire, Totem, tons of Dynaudio, tons of ProAc, Naim, etc.

Edge Home Theater - Dali, Wilson, Avalon, etc.

Synthesis Audio - some PSB Synvhrony, Revel Ultima2 towers and all Performa2 speakers, all Jamo speakers, all Mission speakers (including their reference towers), Atlantic Technology, JBL, Klipsch, Niles, Velodyne, and tons of other brands.

Best Buy Magnolia - Most of the Klipsch line, lower end Martin Logans, most of the Definitive Technology speakers, Vienna Acoustics, Sonus Faber, all of the Energy speakers, JBL, and tons of other brands.

These are just a few of the stores that I've visited. Chicagoland has the above times 5 (at least). Too many smaller stores to list.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i don't care enough to read the whole thread but here's a thought:

CPP, Ridikas ...

you can click on each other's profile.
under 'user lists'
click 'add to ignore list'

magic.

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Smarta$$.:D

I don't have Philharmonic 3 yet. I think Del needs to apply 9 more layers of lacquer and Polish for 4 days nonstop. Then find a beautiful woman with pretty red fingernails to assist him. :D

Yes I can control my 3 Denon AVR, 2 Panasonic BD, and 6 PC & server on my Android Xoom tablet running the latest OS - Ice Cream Sandwich. :D

All from Chicago too.:D

Don't ask me to name any stores because I don't want to be rude and all.:eek:
Ya rascal, I have my 4311 working off the app on Android 3.2.1 with the ASUS Transformer also, and next will be working on the Denon 3311 AVR. That is an excellent app for Android, and Android rocks being open source as well. Next month they say Google will give us ICS 4.X also on the Asus tablet. The only thing I hate is the speakers in the tablet vs. my mighty fine Def. Tech. 7K series fronts. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ya rascal, I have my 4311 working off the app on Android 3.2.1 with the ASUS Transformer also, and next will be working on the Denon 3311 AVR. That is an excellent app for Android, and Android rocks being open source as well. Next month they say Google will give us ICS 4.X also on the Asus tablet. The only thing I hate is the speakers in the tablet vs. my mighty fine Def. Tech. 7K series fronts. :)
These Android tablets rock.

I was at work today. So I used my Android and just remotely turned on my server at home and cleaned up some blu-ray movie files. Deleted some files that I've already seen and didn't care for. Moved some files around. Did some maintenance to speed up PC.

Did the same on my other two HTPCs.

BTW, I use a 32G SSD on my 2 HTPCs & server just for the Windows 7 Ultimate OS.

Apps for everything. Love my two Xoom tablets.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If I were in Chicago, I would go to a Bulls playoff game. So I won't get to hear Goldmunds :(
Are the Bulls doing any good this year?

I don't even follow basketball. Don't even know how the OKC Thunders are doing either.

So if you were in OKC, would you be going to the Thunders playoff games or listen to my Bose?:eek:

Bose are great. Gosh.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
So if you were in OKC, would you be going to the Thunders playoff games or listen to my Bose?:eek:
It's been a wierd year for following NBA because of the lockout throwing things out of whack. I don't have a clue what the standings are but the few games I've caught have been pretty exciting. The Clippers are such a fun team to watch.

I think this year the raptors will win the Lottery as long as Bargnani stays injured :D :eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's been a wierd year for following NBA because of the lockout throwing things out of whack. I don't have a clue what the standings are but the few games I've caught have been pretty exciting. The Clippers are such a fun team to watch.

I think this year the raptors will win the Lottery as long as Bargnani stays injured :D :eek:
I have no idea about basketball, but I just watched the last episode of Smallville 10th Season on BD Final Season in DTS-HD MA 5.1, and I'm really, really sad right now.:(

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I have no idea about basketball, but I just watched the last episode of Smallville 10th Season on BD Final Season in DTS-HD MA 5.1, and I'm really, really sad right now.:(
The first two or so seasons I used to be pretty into that show. I need to watch the rest.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The first two or so seasons I used to be pretty into that show. I need to watch the rest.
The Smallville writing wasn't Grammy or Oscar caliber. But it was still a lot better than most shows and movies. I would take Smallville over any Superman movie I have ever seen.

I can't believe it is over. Boo hoo.:(

Seeing him finally dawn the cape and flying off to the Superman theme song put tears in my eyes.:D

So today at work, I'm playing the Superman theme song on my Xoom tablet. Repeat mode. As I type this.:D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The Smallville writing wasn't Grammy or Oscar caliber. But it was still a lot better than most shows and movies. I would take Smallville over any Superman movie I have ever seen.
it was better than most shows on TV these days at least it wasn't " Reality TV", I'm getting tired of those shows which means more time up stairs listening to music.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
it was better than most shows on TV these days at least it wasn't " Reality TV", I'm getting tired of those shows which means more time up stairs listening to music.
I have not watched a single Reality TV show. I refuse. Those fake WWF wrestling shows are better than these stupid fake Reality shows.:D

Loved Smallville.

Also Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Spartacus, Camelot, Fringe, Gates, Vampire Diaries.:D

I'm trying to like the show "Weeds", but I don't think it's as good as the ratings say?

I tried "Lie to Me", "Rescue Me", "Burn Notice", "CSI", but just didn't interest me at all.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Huh? Superman vs Smallville?

WhadImiss?
I was just saying I preferred Smallville over any Superman movies I've ever seen.

A good TV series will have unparalleled development of characters and plots (and everything else) compared to a 2 hr movie.

I hope they will do a Superman TV series to continue Smallville.:D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
A good TV series will have unparalleled development of characters and plots (and everything else) compared to a 2 hr movie.
+1

I've always thought this. I'm so glad that for Song of Ice and Fire they decided to go with an HBO TV series instead of a compressed/streamlined movie. Game of Thrones was too eventful a book to be cutting out half of what happens. They did end up cutting Ned's dream sequence about rescuing his sister though.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I was just saying I preferred Smallville over any Superman movies I've ever seen.

I hope they will do a Superman TV series to continue Smallville.:D
Will they use the 10 greatest speakers known to mankind?:confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
+1

I've always thought this. I'm so glad that for Song of Ice and Fire they decided to go with an HBO TV series instead of a compressed/streamlined movie. Game of Thrones was too eventful a book to be cutting out half of what happens. They did end up cutting Ned's dream sequence about rescuing his sister though.
Oh, yeah, forgot about Game of Thrones. Now saved on my Netflix.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis