Tool's New Album, Finally!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre.
STOP everything. Play “bottom” turn up to “11” and rip the knob off. Then say ahh! Good morning.
Hatred keeps me alive
Hungriness keeps me alive
Weakness keeps me alive
Guilt keeps me alive at the bottom

Just finished. That song is so heavy without being thrash. It's one of my favorites.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hatred keeps me alive
Hungriness keeps me alive
Weakness keeps me alive
Guilt keeps me alive at the bottom

Just finished. That song is so heavy without being thrash. It's one of my favorites.
At that point you are only a couple songs away from Swamp Song. :)

This bog is thick and easy to get lost in...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I scanned through a review of the album. It says its good, worth the wait.

Here'a tip: Learn to swim :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I scanned through a review of the album. It says its good, worth the wait.

Here'a tip: Learn to swim :)
A friend of mine told me the same thing this morning! I didn't see the review tho. You got a link handy?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I guess you can't find a physical copy to pre order anywhere now. Click. Even the regular plain old 11.99 regular edition. Tool might be more relevant now than ever. This album is set to break some records. Thanks again for posting that Amazon link @j_garcia. I might have put it off otherwise. I didn't anticipate how big this was gonna be. The new single has over 8 million views on YouTube already.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw a blurb on the news that mentioned psychical media was selling out. Since I get the digital copy too, I may not open mine :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw a blurb on the news that mentioned psychical media was selling out. Since I get the digital copy too, I may not open mine :)
Yeah, I assumed we got a digital copy too with the pre order, but now I can't find where it says it. That's not to say it isn't there somewhere, but I'm a little fuzzy right now and don't see it. Is that an mp3 or do they have cd resolution you can dl too? I might not open mine either.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm on Slipknot's Vevo page listening to the new album, first time. I'm beginning to think they might have peaked at Vol 3: The Subliminal Verses. I mean, it's not terrible so far, but I'm not feeling the hook yet. I loved Vol 3 and previous albums.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I assumed we got a digital copy too with the pre order, but now I can't find where it says it. That's not to say it isn't there somewhere, but I'm a little fuzzy right now and don't see it. Is that an mp3 or do they have cd resolution you can dl too? I might not open mine either.
It did not say that, but I presume it will. I also have Amazon Music Unlimited, so I get it either way, the moment it releases. It is 256K, adequate, not great.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I guess I'll have to wait a little bit to get a copy. I missed the pre-order on Amazon.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
It did not say that, but I presume it will. I also have Amazon Music Unlimited, so I get it either way, the moment it releases. It is 256K, adequate, not great.
Ya its 256Kbps assuming the streamer device supports 256Kbps.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here a music guy breaks down "Schism" almost note by note and singles out each instrument used in different sections. Some of the drum fills... jesus. More complicated than I thought. Cool stuff tho.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
His name is Rick Beato. I've never heard of him before but I'm really enjoying these breakdowns. Here he breaks down Parabol/Parabola and does a deep dive into Maynard's vocals. He talks about a technique he uses and acknowledges that Maynard may not be aware of it, but instinctually goes back to it because he's going for a certain feel. This is a cool find and Bill is camping til Tuesday!

This guys really knows his music. Very educated and you can tell he loves what he does.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis