Tool's New Album, Finally!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
His name is Rick Beato. I've never heard of him before but I'm really enjoying these breakdowns. Here he breaks down Parabol/Parabola and does a deep dive into Maynard's vocals. He talks about a technique he uses and acknowledges that Maynard may not be aware of it, but instinctually goes back to it because he's going for a certain feel. This is a cool find and Bill is camping til Tuesday!

This guys really knows his music. Very educated and you can tell he loves what he does.

I can’t wait to check these out. The ticks and leeches intro is the ring tone I use for my long time friend. Great intro, fun to play.
Schism is also fun to play. Such a difference feel.
I’ll hit ya later, as soon as I’m back.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just watched an abomination of a song on YouTube where someone replaced Maynard with Taylor Swift in a mashup video singing one of her songs in time over the music from Stinkfist...

I ain't posting either. Doesn't deserve the views.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
IMHO this is the tool album I was waiting for. It's really everything I wanted. Parts Lateralus, parts aenima. Love it. Not everyone will agree, but for me it's just about perfect.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Also, @Pogre the new Slipknot album is awesome except for the wimpy parts, but that's all of the Slipknot albums. They peaked with Iowa imho.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also, @Pogre the new Slipknot album is awesome except for the wimpy parts, but that's all of the Slipknot albums. They peaked with Iowa imho.
I gave it a listen. I might go back and check it out again. Might be a while tho. New Tool tomorrow!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I’m looking forward to whatever videos are on the screen it comes with. At least hoping that’s what the screen is about. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I’m looking forward to whatever videos are on the screen it comes with. At least hoping that’s what the screen is about. :)
Me too! I wonder if there will be mini USB you can run a cable to a monitor and watch it? Probably not, I'm just thinking out loud as I type. I'm sure Adam wants it to be presented on that screen for artistic reasons or something, lol.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Me too! I wonder if there will be mini USB you can run a cable to a monitor and watch it? Probably not, I'm just thinking out loud as I type. I'm sure Adam wants it to be presented on that screen for artistic reasons or something, lol.
Ya maybe eventually something on Blu-ray could be released. (Like the DVD singles on other albums). Something in surround or at least Dolby Digital in 2.0. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ya maybe eventually something on Blu-ray could be released. (Like the DVD singles on other albums). Something in surround or at least Dolby Digital in 2.0. :)
I would love, LOVE to see what they can do with a 5.1 mix. A lot of their stereo stuff has sounds that seem to come from overhead or way off to the side. Sounds and vocals seem to swirl in the air above and around me in a couple of their songs. They're obviously intentional effects. Their music is already tailor made for surround effects.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I CANT FUKKIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I just found the new Tool album on Amazon Music and downloaded it this morning. It’s awesome! :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis