Tool's New Album, Finally!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I love watching kids crank out music with such a level of proficiency!

This kid is like 15 and has done several Tool and other metal songs. Should have a pretty penny saved up to do whatever she wants!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

This kid is like 15 and has done several Tool and other metal songs. Should have a pretty penny saved up to do whatever she wants!
She has some talent for sure but what can she create on her own? Also, needs to work on her meter.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here's another one of my favorite Tool covers by a very talented female drummer who goes by "Meytal Cohen" on youtube. She has a lot of stuff on there and takes on some really challenging pieces. Plus I think I might be in love with her... shhh! :p

She’s definitely delicious.
But what can she do with a real band? Sorry for the buzzkill but cobus wrecked drum covers for me with his weak a7x covers. I wish drum “covers” were a thing when I was a kid. I learned to play Master of puppets from front to back just because I could. (Now I puke watching Lars play live and he doesn’t even use fills that sound a little bit like they belong in there. And meter? Like a roller coaster. Hack).
Also, chicks just look weird drumming. Like they’re too polite and don’t want to break anything. Lol

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@TheWarrior I'm very familiar with those! I thought the girl singing The Pot did a fantastic job. The whole band managed to keep a "heavy" sound to the music with all brass! I was super impressed! Check out this version of 46 & 2 by some kids at the Aaron O'Keefe music foundation.

Alex, are you a fan of Tool?
This I’ve seen before. Me like!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
She’s definitely delicious.
But what can she do with a real band? Sorry for the buzzkill but cobus wrecked drum covers for me with his weak a7x covers. I wish drum “covers” were a thing when I was a kid. I learned to play Master of puppets from front to back just because I could. (Now I puke watching Lars play live and he doesn’t even use fills that sound a little bit like they belong in there. And meter? Like a roller coaster. Hack).
Also, chicks just look weird drumming. Like they’re too polite and don’t want to break anything. Lol
Well, here she is in kind of a band...

Now there's something you don't hear every day! I think she's legit.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dumb question don't remember covered earlier....link to a pre-order site?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Dumb question don't remember covered earlier....link to a pre-order site?
I don't know of one. I was told when I called about the listening party in Jerome I can reserve my copy the day before right there. I haven't tried looking for a preorder site.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well, here she is in kind of a band...

Now there's something you don't hear every day! I think she's legit.
Lol. Yeah, seen that one too. Pretty cool. At least it’s her drums, not just playing over someone else’s.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know of one. I was told when I called about the listening party in Jerome I can reserve my copy the day before right there. I haven't tried looking for a preorder site.
Jerome is that cool little town perched high up the side of a mountain? Been thru there for a ride....Mingus Mtn?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
She has some talent for sure but what can she create on her own? Also, needs to work on her meter.
I think that will be the question for her adult life. But at over 100k subscribers, she should have a good chunk of change to keep on rocking!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
You probably need to buy a case of Maynards wine to get priority...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Jerome is that cool little town perched high up the side of a mountain? Been thru there for a ride....Mingus Mtn?
Yes, close to Sedona. I've been there and it's really beautiful area. Maynard has a store, "Puscifer" right on main street. I'm wondering how many people are gonna end up showing for this thing..?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Their YouTube page has a bunch of content and there are tracks available on Amazon Music now. I'm assuming iTunes, Spotify and others have as well. Tool has officially entered into the streaming market!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Their YouTube page has a bunch of content and there are tracks available on Amazon Music now. I'm assuming iTunes, Spotify and others have as well. Tool has officially entered into the streaming market!
Yep. Youtube has had videos for a while, but they just showed up on streaming a few days ago. Nice to have that available.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep. Youtube has had videos for a while, but they just showed up on streaming a few days ago. Nice to have that available.
There have been plenty of videos uploaded to YouTube, yes, but the page I linked is Tool's "official" channel. It was created not too long ago and had zero content as recently as yesterday.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
There have been plenty of videos uploaded to YouTube, yes, but the page I linked is Tool's "official" channel. It was created not too long ago and had zero content as recently as yesterday.
Oh nice. Didn't catch that.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@Pogre
So this is a favorite fill of mine from Rosetta Stoned. The concept is simple enough, but the way Danny applies it is genius. Another reason I love him. As noted, this section is played in 11. A lot like playing in 7(which is one of my favorites).
Anyway, not sure about the “teacher” but I thought it’d be fun to shed some light on Danny’s engineering.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre
So this is a favorite fill of mine from Rosetta Stoned. The concept is simple enough, but the way Danny applies it is genius. Another reason I love him. As noted, this section is played in 11. A lot like playing in 7(which is one of my favorites).
Anyway, not sure about the “teacher” but I thought it’d be fun to shed some light on Danny’s engineering.
7 and 11 feel a lot like 6-8 to me with an awkward transition back to 1.

I played drums for a few years and was told by my mentor that I was a "learning prodigy" at first. Then I just kinda plateaued and stuff started becoming more and more difficult. I lack the years and years of rudimentary repetition and programming that muscle memory most drummers who start at an earlier age drill over and over and over in band class. In short, I'm a hack but I had a lot of fun learning what I did and it gave me a whole new appreciation for drums and music in general. Wouldn't take it back for a second.

I can tell through conversations with you that you're likely heads and shoulders above me on the skill tree, but I at least know which end of the sticks to hold! :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tool also available on some streaming services for the first time as well. On Amazon, no albums as far as I can tell, but there are playlists with songs from all albums.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis