Tool's New Album, Finally!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Tool also available on some streaming services for the first time as well. On Amazon, no albums as far as I can tell, but there are playlists with songs from all albums.
Their YouTube page has a bunch of content and there are tracks available on Amazon Music now. I'm assuming iTunes, Spotify and others have as well. Tool has officially entered into the streaming market!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW available on Spotify are the albums Undertow, AEnima, Lateralus, 10,000 Days, and the EP Opiate.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Every one of their albums is in iTunes top ten albums and multiple songs are in top ten singles.

I was wondering if something like that would happen. They've gotten very popular without any streaming. Floodgates are open now!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@Pogre.
STOP everything. Play “bottom” turn up to “11” and rip the knob off. Then say ahh! Good morning.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre.
STOP everything. Play “bottom” turn up to “11” and rip the knob off. Then say ahh! Good morning.
Yes sir! "Bottom" is now engaged! :p

You know what I like about that album (Undertow) is the fact that it's not heavily compressed like so much music today. Good bass too.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes sir! "Bottom" is now engaged! :p

You know what I like about that album (Undertow) is the fact that it's not heavily compressed like so much music today. Good bass too.
Nice! Good morning.
I agree. It’s like the best sounding “almost” garage recording ever. I also like being able to hear all the warts. Not this computer perfect crap.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Every Tool Album simultaneously cracks the top ten!

Today (Aug. 2) is a monumental day for Tool fans, as the band’s entire discography has, for the first time, become available on streaming and digital services. Proving just how important the move was, all five albums (including the Opiate EP) have entered the iTunes Top 10, while various songs cracked the iTunes Top 10 Songs chart.

Tool were one of the final holdouts when it came to embracing streaming and online downloads. Maynard James Keenan has revealed he wasn’t the one stopping Tool’s music from gracing these services, but because he loved his bandmates, he wouldn’t elaborate further.

Regardless, Tool’s discography is crushing. Ænima currently sits at No. 2 on the iTunes Top Albums charts, second only to Drake’s Care Package. Lateralus is at No. 4, 10,000 Days is right behind it at No. 5, and Undertow is next at No. 6. As for Opiate, the debut Tool EP is currently No. 8.

An album that was released over 20 years ago sits at #2 in iTunes right now.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Every Tool Album simultaneously cracks the top ten!

Today (Aug. 2) is a monumental day for Tool fans, as the band’s entire discography has, for the first time, become available on streaming and digital services. Proving just how important the move was, all five albums (including the Opiate EP) have entered the iTunes Top 10, while various songs cracked the iTunes Top 10 Songs chart.

Tool were one of the final holdouts when it came to embracing streaming and online downloads. Maynard James Keenan has revealed he wasn’t the one stopping Tool’s music from gracing these services, but because he loved his bandmates, he wouldn’t elaborate further.

Regardless, Tool’s discography is crushing. Ænima currently sits at No. 2 on the iTunes Top Albums charts, second only to Drake’s Care Package. Lateralus is at No. 4, 10,000 Days is right behind it at No. 5, and Undertow is next at No. 6. As for Opiate, the debut Tool EP is currently No. 8.

An album that was released over 20 years ago sits at #2 in iTunes right now.
THAT is amazing.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
So, what this tells me is that people still like good music!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is this "Drake" music I keep hearing about? Any good? :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What is this "Drake" music I keep hearing about? Any good? :)
Lmao! It’s garbage. And he’s a big whiney baby. Iirc, a couple years ago he said he wasn’t going to attend XYZ award show if he didn’t win his category. What a POS...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
All kinds of cool stuff today! Tool released a new single yesterday, the title track off their new album.

Also, @lovinthehd I found a link to preorder Fear Inoculum. At least from the streaming services. From the paragraph below.

Tool has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by Adam Jones, features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card. Pre-order the album Fear Inoculum here, which is out August 30.

Adam said in an interview that the album is 85 minutes long and consists of 7 songs. 7, being a theme for the album and also some influence from Frank Herbert's Dune series of books. What is it with Dune that musicians love to write about? Iron Maiden has a concept album and one of the songs has lyrics about sandworms, Paul Atreides and the desert. I've read about 6 or 7 of his books in the series myself. They are very well written books.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
All kinds of cool stuff today! Tool released a new single yesterday, the title track off their new album.

Also, @lovinthehd I found a link to preorder Fear Inoculum. At least from the streaming services. From the paragraph below.

Tool has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by Adam Jones, features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card. Pre-order the album Fear Inoculum here, which is out August 30.

Adam said in an interview that the album is 85 minutes long and consists of 7 songs. 7, being a theme for the album and also some influence from Frank Herbert's Dune series of books. What is it with Dune that musicians love to write about? Iron Maiden has a concept album and one of the songs has lyrics about sandworms, Paul Atreides and the desert. I've read about 6 or 7 of his books in the series myself. They are very well written books.
Thanks for this!!!
Just listened on my ear pods since my kids are sleeping(one turns 17 today. Damn!)
I can’t wait to listen on my system. Hooooleeeee FUUUUUUUKK!!!!!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

This one sounds a little familiar. Feels like Lateralus a bit, but with some of the recent APC feel to it. Where APC's album was very different from previous releases, this one sounds almost too familiar after such a long hiatus. Obviously still good, but was hoping for something that felt fresh like 10,000 days did.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I like the new Tool track. Hopefully the other songs are good too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This one sounds a little familiar. Feels like Lateralus a bit, but with some of the recent APC feel to it. Where APC's album was very different from previous releases, this one sounds almost too familiar after such a long hiatus. Obviously still good, but was hoping for something that felt fresh like 10,000 days did.
I have to agree with you in that it does sound like a song you might find on Lateralus, but after 13 years with no new anything it's welcomed to my ears!

I've found from my experience that I have to hear new music a few times before I can really say like or dislike. 10,000 Days was my least favorite cd when it first came out and now it's my favorite. Lateralus is up there as one of my favorite songs but 10,000 days is a cd I can listen to almost from start to finish and Lateralus I find myself skipping a couple of songs. Maybe next year it'll be my new fave... lol.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Played it on Spotify, tho it is very short (0:44)? Also under artist as Fear Inoculum....weird.

What's with the mickey mouse video/speaker offer thing, tho?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis