Tool's New Album, Finally!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This one sounds a little familiar. Feels like Lateralus a bit, but with some of the recent APC feel to it. Where APC's album was very different from previous releases, this one sounds almost too familiar after such a long hiatus. Obviously still good, but was hoping for something that felt fresh like 10,000 days did.
This song sounds like reflection and right in two had a kid. Very familiar, yet somehow new. When I thought it should Zig, it zagged. Lol
I love 10,000 days too. Probably listened to it 10,000 times too. @Pogre mentioned listening to it straight through, and this is also one that I can do that with(many others as well), and have many times.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Played it on Spotify, tho it is very short (0:44)? Also under artist as Fear Inoculum....weird.

What's with the mickey mouse video/speaker offer thing, tho?
Tool has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by bands guitarist Adam Jones. The CD edition features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card.

Clicky

Adam has always handled the visual artwork and videos. I think @William Lemmerhirt mentioned that he was a film major in college and he takes it seriously. They've done a lot of work with Alex Grey on previous albums. I may or may not get the limited edition depending on how much it is. There were rumors swirling around that we'd be looking at $100 price tag, which is too much for me to spend. I can see myself, 5 years from now, looking at the scratched screen, listening to a tinny speaker and thinking "that was a dumb thing to spend a hunnert bucks on...".

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tool has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by bands guitarist Adam Jones. The CD edition features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card.

Clicky

Adam has always handled the visual artwork and videos. I think @William Lemmerhirt mentioned that he was a film major in college and he takes it seriously. They've done a lot of work with Alex Grey on previous albums. I may or may not get the limited edition depending on how much it is. There were rumors swirling around that we'd be looking at $100 price tag, which is too much for me to spend. I can see myself, 5 years from now, looking at the scratched screen, listening to a tinny speaker and thinking "that was a dumb thing to spend a hunnert bucks on...".
Amazon has it for preorder at $37 currently. Ordered :)

https://www.amazon.com/You-Gonna-Love-Not-Tellin/dp/B07VGTYTBF/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fear+inoculum+cd&qid=1565275400&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That, I can do! Thanks for the link.

Small update: Looks like Maynard or any of the rest of the band won't be in Jerome for the listening party. I doubt I'll be going just to listen a day early.

*Edit: I had some points and a credit!

Screenshot_2019-08-08-08-00-36-1.png

I looked and didn't see if that was the special edition or just the cd... Doesn't matter, I'd buy it anyway. Hope it's the special tho.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That, I can do! Thanks for the link.

Small update: Looks like Maynard or any of the rest of the band won't be in Jerome for the listening party. I doubt I'll be going just to listen a day early.

*Edit: I had some points and a credit!

View attachment 30452

I looked and didn't see if that was the special edition or just the cd... Doesn't matter, I'd buy it anyway. Hope it's the special tho.
I saw in the details it mentioned that it was the version with the screen, otherwise it was too much for just the CD :)

There was a special edition of 10,000 days too. I picked that up when it came out, it has like a "google cardboard" set of goggles on the cover that you view the artwork inside with.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw in the details it mentioned that it was the version with the screen, otherwise it was too much for just the CD :)

There was a special edition of 10,000 days too. I picked that up when it came out, it has like a "google cardboard" set of goggles on the cover that you view the artwork inside with.

20190808_091423-816x459.jpg
20190808_091501-816x459.jpg

I see yours is unopened!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No, that's not mine. I had to search for a pic. Kind of wish it was unopened... And my Lateralus CD case broke, so it wouldn't do the image shift anymore. Had to buy another at a higher cost.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's 44.98 for me on Amazon....hmmm.

ps Fear Inoculum on Spotify is now full length of 10:21....

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
On Amazon it was already full length. Already pulled it down to the phone and had been listening to it when not at my desk.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Man, I really want to listen to that song, but I've got to stick to my guns and listen to the entire album in one sitting. I've done it with every release since Aenima. Granted, I first saw the Stinkfist video on MTV before the album was released so I guess it doesn't count.

Don't care. Waited 13 years, the 30th isn't that far away.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I will just leave this here too. One of my favorite guest appearances. (I am a Deftones fan)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Mine is definitely opened....
I got mine out yesterday and for the first time I was actually able to see the images in 3d. Takes a little concentration and looking to the side of the image helped snap it into focus. I've tried before and only saw 2 separate images.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They sold out their allotment already? Wow.
Folks are hungrier for new Tool than I thought! Wait a minute... that means it's not cool anymore doesn't it? :p

My son just left. He and his gf came over to visit and he requested some Tool songs. The apple didn't fall far from the tree! He loves listening to music with me on the system. Now s'cuse me whilst I go wipe a tear away...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Folks are hungrier for new Tool than I thought! Wait a minute... that means it's not cool anymore doesn't it? :p

My son just left. He and his gf came over to visit and he requested some Tool songs. The apple didn't fall far from the tree! He loves listening to music with me on the system. Now s'cuse me whilst I go wipe a tear away...
Or just the run with the funky little screen/speaker....I can imagine that was probably a limited production run. A friend of mine instilled his love of food/cooking in his son....but son doesn't cook much but does love to come home and eat :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Or just the run with the funky little screen/speaker....I can imagine that was probably a limited production run. A friend of mine instilled his love of food/cooking in his son....but son doesn't cook much but does love to come home and eat :)
Same also with my son! I love to cook. We were on a budget for a long time and I cut restaurants out out of the loop (one of my favorite places to go). I still wanted to eat good food tho, so I learned to cook on a budget. Turns out it's cheaper to go fresh and do a little of the work yourself than using frozen or canned vegetables.

He recently went on a cruise with his gf and her family and got to try a Wagyu steak. He knew what it was because of my background as a butcher and love for food. He even took some pics, lol. He's always sending me pics of food he cooks, which isn't often, but when he does he tries his best and asks me for advice.

Now I gotta go wipe another tear... :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis