The Mandalorian, A New Hope For Star Wars?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes his species is known to be force sensitive, tho there are only 3 known to exist in all of Star Wars. Yoda, Yaddle (a female Jedi) and now baby Mando-Yoda.
Yes, thanks. Came to the same conclusion. Obviously they cannot be the only three in existence, or at least to the start of the rebellion. Didn't come from nowhere.
A parallel universe?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm surprised there hasn't been more conversation about the... elephant in the room...

That LIGHTSABER!!!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm surprised there hasn't been more conversation about the... elephant in the room...

That LIGHTSABER!!!
And I think it might be a "dark" lightsaber (whatever that is) because instead of being lit like a fluorescent bulb, it was black with the outline lit up!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
And I think it might be a "dark" lightsaber (whatever that is) because instead of being lit like a fluorescent bulb, it was black with the outline lit up!
Yes, there is lore about the Darksaber and its history on Mandalore with the Death Watch (militant splinter group opposed to the pacifist government).
We know Moff Gideon was involved on Mandalore at some point based on dialog while the group of protagonists were sheltering in the building prior to their escape into the sewers.
Hmmmmmm! ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, thanks. Came to the same conclusion. Obviously they cannot be the only three in existence, or at least to the start of the rebellion. Didn't come from nowhere.
A parallel universe?
Yeah, that's why I included "known". I'm sure there are more, or at least were more. They're very long lived so low birth rates might just be an evolutionary thing, but yeah. There have to be more than 3.

George Lucas has intentionally withheld any background or history on Yoda or others of his race so we're all curious about them! I don't know if he just wanted to keep an ace up his sleeve or maybe just wanted there to be some more mystery in the lore. Whatever Lucas' intentions, John Favreau has played that ace in this series and I think he won the first hand with it. I gotta admit, as soon as I saw the little guy my interest level went up.

The way they're marketing him is pretty brilliant too. Notice there weren't any baby Yoda toys or promotional material with him in it until recently? Word of mouth and memes blew him up on the internet and made him popular overnight, but if you wanted you some baby Yoda for yourself D+ was about the only way to get him.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, there is lore about the Darksaber and its history on Mandalore with the Death Watch (militant splinter group opposed to the pacifist government).
We know Moff Gideon was involved on Mandalore at some point based on dialog while the group of protagonists were sheltering in the building prior to their escape into the sewers.
Hmmmmmm! ;)
The second the tip of that thing poked through the hull of that tie fighter I knew what it was, but did not see it coming! That saber makes things a lot more personal between Mando and Gideon now given its history with Mandalore. When was the Great Purge? Does that fall into the right timeline for Gideon to have taken part in it?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I am just about to watch episode 7. I was pretty floored by how much one episode reminded me of Star Gate and another reminded me of Pale Rider. Even the music had that one triangle sounding strike like the Encino Marcone score. I know there are like 7 basic story lines through out literature but man, these guys are shameless. It's still the best thing I've seen in about forever. Gonna read the whole thread after binge watching the whole season in a day.

My floor is never gonna get done at this rate but ... Eyes Tard. :rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The documentary / behind the scenes is starting to roll out now, it is pretty good. First 2 are available now. I heard Waititi would be making a new SW feature film, this must be why :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Oh, great. Dec 18 we will subscribe and watch all 8 episodes. :) If I remember.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, great. Dec 18 we will subscribe and watch all 8 episodes. :) If I remember.
Getting old is very difficult and you "coming out" is a great service to us all. That said, I'll have a much needed vacation and will be unavailable for comments :p

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Really enjoying this little space western myself. Certainly looks and feels more like the original trilogy than anything else that has been put out. Some may or may not appreciate that but I’m enjoying it just the same. “This is the way.”:p

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Seriously, nobody else watched and enjoyed the season two finale?:rolleyes:

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
Seriously, nobody else watched and enjoyed the season two finale?:rolleyes:
We're still trying to process the Mandalorian's apparent death and Baby Yoda's turn to the dark side.

Oops, was that a spoiler? Ignore that.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Best episode ever! (said in that strange comic book guy voice) Looking forward to season 3, and I hope everybody stuck around for the end credits scene.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Best episode ever! (said in that strange comic book guy voice) Looking forward to season 3, and I hope everybody stuck around for the end credits scene.
Yup. I usually don't let it keep playing but sat it out til' the end this time and surprise!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis