gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think what's more pathetic than the actual movie is all the great reviews from the movie critics - The Last Jedi has a 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ! :eek:

I guess I'm not very surprised because I usually disagree with movie critics.

Maybe they also went into this movie convincing themselves that this movie is just a mindless stupid comedy.
The same critics loved Star Trek Into Lameness too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The same critics loved Star Trek Into Lameness too.
Definitely reinforces the lack of credibility of these critics. Most of them are a bunch of liars. :D

If these same critics were reviewing any other movies and shows with this level of absurdity, they would be fuming.

But I think because some of these critics are such unconditional fans of SW & ST, they are extremely forgiving and can easily overlook these ridiculous productions.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I came home from the theater and I dont know what all the negative press is about. I left my brain at the door, munched my popcorn and got lost in the movie. It was entertaining, soundtrack and special effects was good. It more than served its purpose by allowing me to forget about my problems for a couple of hours. Yes there were holes in the plot but who the f??k cares. It serve its purposed in that it entertains. Some need to seriously chill around here.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Definitely reinforces the lack of credibility of these critics. Most of them are a bunch of liars. :D

If these same critics were reviewing any other movies and shows with this level of absurdity, they would be fuming.

But I think because some of these critics are such unconditional fans of SW & ST, they are extremely forgiving and can easily overlook these ridiculous productions.
You and I also liked films that critics hated which reinforces your statement about critics. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You and I also liked films that critics hated which reinforces your statement about critics. :)
Of course, the films we like that those critics hate are 100% better than these Star Wars movies. :D

Can you believe that both "Edge of Tomorrow" and "The Last Jedi" have a 90% Rotten Tomatoes approval rating?

How is that possible? Bunch of liars I say. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Of course, the films we like that those critics hate are 100% better than these Star Wars movies. :D

Can you believe that both "Edge of Tomorrow" and "The Last Jedi" have a 90% Rotten Tomatoes approval rating?

How is that possible? Bunch of liars I say. :D
The Edge of Tomorrow was an awesome movie and I loved it. I also really liked The Last Jedi .

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
rogue one its a bluray disc format a kk star wars but still bluray disc and even uhd-4k belongs in the cat litter with maybe some worthless flagcrap avr's and speakers. dolby atmos is crap dolby atmos goes in the cat litter.
View attachment 23351
Rogue One was actually a really good Star Wars movie.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Rogue One was actually a really good Star Wars movie.
Yes it was. The main good guys were seen to sacrifice themselves instead of riding home in the sunset. It certainly was a twist. I guess that ending is a little dumb for some . :)

Just what I expected would happen. ;)

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Andyblackcat, you exceed even my expectations in the drama queen role. You've marked 6 of my posts dumb now. Keep going, I have faith in you that you will find more to mark as dumb. Dont forget to courtesy when your done. :rolleyes:

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Andyblackcat, you exceed even my expectations in the drama queen role. You've marked 6 of my posts dumb now. Keep going, I have faith in you that you will find more to mark as dumb. Dont forget to courtesy when your done. :rolleyes:
Yep...
He went through my past posts and gave me 4 dumbs...
The first negative votes I've gotten here...

He keeps it up and he'll be AndyBannedCat...

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yep...

He did the same for 8 of my posts as well even though I never said anything to him.. Weird logic.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw this one over the holiday and I liked it.

I blocked andyblackcat because I've already had issues with him in the past. Not someone I care to deal with, with that sort of attitude.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep...

I find it odd that he can take his criticism of things to a new level and be very disrespectful in the process and then lash out when one disagrees with him.

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
I find it odd that he can take his criticism of things to a new level and be very disrespectful in the process and then lash out when one disagrees with him.
Well, thanks to Steve, Andy has won a fabulous 2 week, all expenses not paid vacation to beautiful banned camp, where he can learn to play the harmonica while scooping all the kitty poo he wants...

Some guys have all the luck...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I came home from the theater and I dont know what all the negative press is about. I left my brain at the door, munched my popcorn and got lost in the movie. It was entertaining, soundtrack and special effects was good. It more than served its purpose by allowing me to forget about my problems for a couple of hours. Yes there were holes in the plot but who the f??k cares. It serve its purposed in that it entertains. Some need to seriously chill around here.
:eek:

I'm not talking to you........ :D

Well, okay, it's not among the worst movies.

I also admit that I checked my brain and all expectations at the doors before watching, so it did help a lot watching this movie. I was able to actually enjoy this movie. But I can understand other people's POV.

I think a lot of people had a lot of expectations. They expected more grown-up writing. Most people grew up with Star Wars, so they were little kids back then. Now these same people have grown up and they expect Star Wars to be more grown up. They probably want something new, not a rehash of episodes 4-6.

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

You have the "Strike me down and I will become more powerful scene" like in episode 4.

You have the "Destroy the Death Star scene with one shot" like in episode 4.

You have the "Jedi training scene" like in episode 5.

You have the "AT-AT Walker scene" like in episode 5.

You have the "Together we can rule the galaxy scene" like in episode 5.

You have the "kill the emperor scene" like in episode 6.

I could probably go on for a while with all the rehashing.

I'm disappointed they didn't have the "These aren't the droids you're looking for" scene. :D

So let's just say that if you could leave your brain at the door and have zero expectations and forget you ever saw episodes 4-6, then I think you could very well enjoy SW episode 8.

Imagine how we would feel if "Edge of Tomorrow" were part of a sequel and we pretty much saw everything already in parts 1-3 ?

I just don't think I could enjoy "Edge of Tomorrow" as much if that were the case even if I checked my brain at the door.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
:eek:

I'm not talking to you........ :D

Well, okay, it's not among the worst movies.
Its a personal perspective and I respect opinions as long as they are polite. I'm not here to change anyone's mind. I too saw the many holes but chose to look at the glass half full instead of empty. I escaped life for a couple of hours not once waiting for the movie to end. I cannot take films of this ilk seriously. They are not meant too but too often, they are taken far too seriously. Its sci-fi with the word fi meaning fiction. Thats all I'm going to say about this. :) have a good one dude. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Its a personal perspective and I respect opinions as long as they are polite. I'm not here to change anyone's mind. I too saw the many holes but chose to look at the glass half full instead of empty. I escaped life for a couple of hours not once waiting for the movie to end. I cannot take films of this ilk seriously. They are not meant too but too often, they are taken far too seriously. Its sci-fi with the word fi meaning fiction. Thats all I'm going to say about this. :) have a good one dude. :)
I definitely understand your POV. I do think a lot of critics take most Sci-Fi too seriously. They probably took "Edge of Tomorrow" too seriously also.

Overall, I was able to enjoy "Last Jedi" more than I thought I would. But on the SW scale, I would rank "Rogue One" much higher than "Last Jedi".

"Rogue One" is also a Sci-Fi, but the tone seems to be a lot more serious, like "Edge of Tomorrow".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis