Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm stoked for it. I loved TFA. I wonder if Luke meant that it's time for the Grey Jedi?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's what we were just talking about and it would seem to indicate that.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Pass. It wouldn't be even the last star wars disney I would pay to see again or buy it. Boycotting it like the last two disney star wars. If it isn't 20th Century Fox fan fare for the opening it isn't a STAR WARS film.

I'd rather watch a chimpanzee washing a cat for 2 hours than another disney star wars.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Pass. It wouldn't be even the last star wars disney I would pay to see again or buy it. Boycotting it like the last two disney star wars. If it isn't 20th Century Fox fan fare for the opening it isn't a STAR WARS film.

I'd rather watch a chimpanzee washing a cat for 2 hours than another disney star wars.

Oh come on. You have to give it a try. Then you can tie it to your cat-scratch post. Again. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Since I've already seen every SW movie, of course, I'll have to see TLJ.

It's like watching 7 Harry Potter movies and having to watch the 8th HP movie. You gotta. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My impression of SW-TLJ teaser:

1. Looks kind of like Yoda training Luke. Feels like another rehash/remake of Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi.
2. Boring unoriginal title. Already have Last Samurai, Last of the Mohicans, Last Emperor, Last Crusade, Last Boy Scout, Last King of Scotland). They should call it "The Grey Jedi". :D
3. Boring unoriginal poster.

But, like I said, I'll HAVE to watch SW-8. Come on. Gotta. :D

BTW, I think the "Last Jedi" is Luke Skywalker, not that new girl.

Last edited:
A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Oh come on. You have to give it a try. Then you can tie it to your cat-scratch post. Again. :D
I am not giving disney £20.00 for what looks like the empire disney mary sue strikes back. I seen at-at walkers 37 years ago disney hollywood is out of ideas.,

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder if she'll wear Luke as a backpack for the first half of the movie? :p

I'm honestly perplexed when people say they hated TFA. It had some of that magic that ANH had for me when I was a kid. I still remember going to the drive in to watch it when I was but a wee lad. I think I was 7 or 8. It was a new movie then, I know that.

I really liked TFA. Then again I'm not as critical as some when it comes to movies. I try not to compare and nitpick at storylines and plot points. If it's not a complete mess, sounds good and looks good, I'm pretty easy to please. Now music, that's a whole 'nother animal. I'm very picky when it comes to that.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder if she'll wear Luke as a backpack for the first half of the movie? :p
That would be really cool. :D

Luke's fear was facing Vader. Definitely understandable.

I wonder what's her fear? Facing Kylo Ren? :eek: Didn't she already beat the crap out of him in TFA when she was a newbie and never even trained? :D

And I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be Kylo's twin sister. :D

I don't think I'm too critical. After all, I do love the Underworld and Resident Evil movies. How critical can you be if you love these movies? I mean come on now. :D These movies all have plot holes. But I was willing to overlook those.

I think if I had not SEEN any Episodes 4, 5, & 6, I might have liked Episode 7.

But E7 was just too much of a rehash of E4 for me to handle. I felt ripped off.

At least I don't think any of the Underworld or Resident Evil sequels were rehashes of their previous respective movies.

So I think it comes down to what you are willing to overlook or forgive. If you are willing to overlook the rehashing, then you'll probably like SW-TFA-E7. Otherwise, you'll probably hate it.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That would be really cool. :D

Luke's fear was facing Vader. Definitely understandable.

I wonder what's her fear? Facing Kylo Ren? :eek: Didn't she already beat the crap out of him in TFA when she was a newbie? :D

And I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be Kylo's twin sister. :D

I don't think I'm too critical. After all, I do love the Underworld and Resident Evil movies. How critical can you be if you love these movies? I mean come on now. :D These movies all have plot holes. But I was willing to overlook those.

I think if I had not SEEN any Episodes 4, 5, & 6, I might have liked Episode 7.

But E7 was just too much of a rehash of E4 for me to handle. I felt ripped off.

At least I don't think any of the Underworld or Resident Evil sequels were rehashes of their previous respective movies.

So I think it comes down to what you are willing to overlook or forgive. If you are willing to overlook the rehashing, then you'll probably like SW-TFA-E7. Otherwise, you'll probably hate it.
I totally get what you're saying and agree. I think we can also agree that 4, 5 and 6 were practically masterpieces in that time for what they were. GL set a pretty high bar.

With today's tech and access to the Internet I've noticed people have become more critical and demanding of movies and TV shows because they're always trying to top the previous one.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I totally get what you're saying and agree. I think we can also agree that 4, 5 and 6 were practically masterpieces in that time for what they were. GL set a pretty high bar.

With today's tech and access to the Internet I've noticed people have become more critical and demanding of movies and TV shows because they're always trying to top the previous one.
We do expect more. :D

On another note, the only person in my family who loves the new Star Wars (Ep 1, 2, 3, 7) is my 14 YO daughter. :D

So you won't hear me saying ANYTHING negative about any Star Wars movies in front of her. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
We do expect more. :D

On another note, the only person in my family who loves the new Star Wars (Ep 1, 2, 3, 7) is my 14 YO daughter. :D

So you won't hear me saying ANYTHING negative about any Star Wars movies in front of her. :D
Lol. You won't find me saying a lot of nice things about 1, 2, and 3. They really watered it down for those in favor of trying to be cute, goofy and funny. I watched them to be sure though and didn't think 3 was horrible, but to me, none of them felt deserving of being in the Star Wars universe.

So I guess I am guilty to a point of being more picky than I used to.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think Lucas' last (only?) adult science fiction film was THX1138. Downhill after that. :cool: OTOH I got to go to a pre-release screening at the producer's studio for Star Wars in 77 and have seen 'em all since and have a set on disc, as well as the Indiana Jones stuff LOL :)

Interesting comment by Lucas in this article

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
One thing that's just inherent to movies and shows are, "been there, done that" is going to happen more and more often. I don't mind if a story is retold (or heavily borrowed from) as long as it's casted/directed/scripted well. I can see some being beaten to death too, so I see a point there as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm hoping it means time for the Grey Jedi. Could go all over the place with that one. Rey turning to the dark side? Kylo redeeming himself? Well, he killed his dad. Hard to get redemption for that one... I'm just having fun with it.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

Wow...all the haters....just wow :eek: Please don't take Mini-me as anything other than a joke like the rest of this post

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Commenting on SW movies is tricky business. For many, SW films are akin to some treasured relic or religious icon. Nobody should ever criticize a SW film in their view since the films are above reproach. (4,5,6 primarily)

Since this is an audio forum, I can draw the analogy to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. DSM charted on the album charts for 17 YEARS, not some mere matter of weeks. It has reached iconic/religious status for many. Criticism of any aspect of DSM will draw the ire of many a Pink Floyd fan.

If you lived the first year of SW 4, you saw movie magic at its best. If you caught DSM when it came out you got to live audio magic in much the same way. What about all those folks born long after the original magic? That's where I think a genuine divide occurs and room for criticism should be allowed.

For those who lived it the first time (like me) SW 4,5,6 are in a special category because of all the context and life stuff they are attached to. Same with DSM: the context of living it as "new" enriches the experience for me. For those born long after, they are just films and a record like so many other films and records our parents got a big kick out of.

I remember my mother going bonkers over movies and records and when I watched them it was more like "meh". For a SW fan (I'm in that camp of 4,5,6 were outstanding and the rest up for grabs) we are going to wake up someday soon and have a grandchild, niece or nephew ask us "WTF is Star Wars?" I've already had it happen for "WTF were the Beatles?"

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis