mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Watched it on Thursday. Soundtrack is the opposite of the hot Bladerunner; had to turn it up to -10 and probably could have been -8 without a sensitive company. ;) Compared to most of what we have watched in the past, around -18.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
:eek:

I'm not talking to you........ :D

Well, okay, it's not among the worst movies.

I also admit that I checked my brain and all expectations at the doors before watching, so it did help a lot watching this movie. I was able to actually enjoy this movie. But I can understand other people's POV.

I think a lot of people had a lot of expectations. They expected more grown-up writing. Most people grew up with Star Wars, so they were little kids back then. Now these same people have grown up and they expect Star Wars to be more grown up. They probably want something new, not a rehash of episodes 4-6.

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

You have the "Strike me down and I will become more powerful scene" like in episode 4.

You have the "Destroy the Death Star scene with one shot" like in episode 4.

You have the "Jedi training scene" like in episode 5.

You have the "AT-AT Walker scene" like in episode 5.

You have the "Together we can rule the galaxy scene" like in episode 5.

You have the "kill the emperor scene" like in episode 6.

I could probably go on for a while with all the rehashing.

I'm disappointed they didn't have the "These aren't the droids you're looking for" scene. :D

So let's just say that if you could leave your brain at the door and have zero expectations and forget you ever saw episodes 4-6, then I think you could very well enjoy SW episode 8.

Imagine how we would feel if "Edge of Tomorrow" were part of a sequel and we pretty much saw everything already in parts 1-3 ?

I just don't think I could enjoy "Edge of Tomorrow" as much if that were the case even if I checked my brain at the door.
Unless a person is Andyblockeddog, who takes this movie a bit too personal,:) I think besides obvious cliches and mementos (i'm being polite here, since repeating your own material isn't exactly a plagiarism), the worst offense of Last Jedi is that it's very forgettable movie. Like ATDG said - it brought nothing new to the table or helped to advance the story. Reminded me of Logan (the Wolverine movie, not Lucky Logan) - it seems like Disney wanted to give Star Wars proper burial. I think they did a barely ok job at doing so.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think many of us expect a lot from Star Wars. So we tend to be critical.

But in the overall picture, there are a lot worse movies out there.

Honestly I would give The Last Jedi a 6/10 rating, no way in any hell it is higher than a 6.

Some movies are a 1/10.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

Honestly I would give The Last Jedi a 6/10 rating, no way in any hell it is higher than a 6.

Some movies are a 1/10.
I think even Luke Skywalker, err Mark Hamill would score it lower :confused:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it on BluRay over the weekend and I can't help but think I saw this plot before with younger versions of some of the acters/actresses. Only Chewey didn't age. I wonder what the life span of a Wooky is?

From a production point of view including both audio and video, I would score it a solid 9. From a plot perspective, only a 6 as it truly feels like a repeat.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Some movies are a 1/10.
I watched it at the theater and don't have much desire to see it again. There were some really awesome scenes, but I'm pretty upset with what they did to Luke. He would never have attempted to kill a pupil because he was skeered. They're messing too much with canon, imo.

I loved the scene when the ship exploded in silence. I said "wow" and everyone in the theater heard me, lol.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched it at the theater and don't have much desire to see it again. There were some really awesome scenes, but I'm pretty upset with what they did to Luke. He would never have attempted to kill a pupil because he was skeered. They're messing too much with canon, imo.

I loved the scene when the ship exploded in silence. I said "wow" and everyone in the theater heard me, lol.
I agree.

I have exactly 0.0% desire to watch Last Jedi again.

I know Gene hates how they screwed with Star Trek canon, but I think what they've done with Star Wars is worse. :D

That's why I rate Last Jedi at 6, which is pretty bad, but not the worse. :D

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
Spectacular looking but the movie had lost me long before this. All the while I was thinking: why didn't we see killer droids with hyperdrives as cruise missiles or torpedoes long before this, if all it took to cut a capital ship in half through its armor and shields was a one way trip into lightspeed? Another. Damned. Plot hole!

And another: if these ships are being picked off one by one due to running out of fuel, and you're going to lose them anyway, how hard would it be to put them on autopilot with just enough fuel for a jump, then abandon ship and take out the pursuing ships with them? The entire chase plot depended on everyone behaving stupidly to give the characters pointless side quests before the big battle at the end.

Hate this movie.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Spectacular looking but the movie had lost me long before this. All the while I was thinking: why didn't we see killer droids with hyperdrives as cruise missiles or torpedoes long before this, if all it took to cut a capital ship in half through its armor and shields was a one way trip into lightspeed? Another. Damned. Plot hole!

And another: if these ships are being picked off one by one due to running out of fuel, and you're going to lose them anyway, how hard would it be to put them on autopilot with just enough fuel for a jump, then abandon ship and take out the pursuing ships with them? The entire chase plot depended on everyone behaving stupidly to give the characters pointless side quests before the big battle at the end.

Hate this movie.
I think folks kinda over-do it looking for plot holes in a lot of movies anymore. Things have changed. But yeah, there's plenty wrong with it anyway, plot holes notwithstanding.

I hear that JJ Abrams never intended the story to go in that direction and might be wanting to retcon some of it. I dunno how, but Rey's parentage might become more of a focus again. Bastards kept us hanging, wanting to know about her lineage only to tell us they were a couple of drunk scumbag traders... booshit.

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I watch for the pleasure and entertainment value.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis