A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
luke skywalker DIES! Thank goodness for spoilers on youtube. :D Now I can go buy me-self some ice cream :) its saved me £25 pounds not being wasted on this rubbish, disney star wars mary sue jedi, load of rubbish.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
luke skywalker DIES! Thank goodness for spoilers on youtube. :D Now I can go buy me-self some ice cream :) its saved me £25 pounds not being wasted on this rubbish, disney star wars mary sue jedi, load of rubbish.
I personally haven't paid for movie theater for long time as I can use workplace health promotions for it but still some movies are not worth it, I don't know what those spoilers give out but I think this movie was worth it.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
It was not very good at all, it was funny, there were not the loud cheers at the end and may people were quite pissed off about it.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but I will not be seeing it again or picking it up when it comes out on 4k BluRay

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I thought 8 was a fun movie, great fights, great music, but one key thing was missing that I chalk up as bad story-telling... who is Snoke? The evil force in two movies lived and died without us knowing anything about him. And now the man-child (who has the appropriate emotional/destructive tantrums of a lower level dark side follower, not the whiny outbursts as in 2 and 3) who has been beaten by Rey repeatedly, is leading the dark side/first order - which we still know nothing about either. What is the First Order and how is it financed? I'm glad Disney knew how to get the cute, comedy-relief characters right (not JarJar) but how did they miss such an enormous plot hole in a 150 minute movie?

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
how did they miss such an enormous plot hole in a 150 minute movie?
Plot hole? I'll give you a plot hole. The entire "chase" plot depended on the Resistance cruisers staying just out of range of the First Order (which they can do at sublight because they are "lighter and faster") before running out of fuel. For hours. (Never mind that capital ships only have a few hours of cruising fuel...) They can't jump or they'll be tracked. (How, and who planted such a tracker? We never find out, other than to establish a random side quest). But the First Order can jump just fine. Why not jump a couple of those Star Destroyers ahead of the Resistance cruisers, box them in, and pick them off in about 10 seconds? Why not send fighters in to wreck the cruisers and if they run out of fuel (they would be "out of range" otherwise) let them coast and be picked up by the passing First Order when they pass by? Jeez, that whole situation bothered me no end. Everyone behaved stupidly.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
You guys are not making this easy for me. ;) :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

Is it me or did Disney say: You know the last movie (chronologically) was the RETURN of the Jedi buuuuut fuggit. We'll pretend it was never a title or premise for continuing the story line.

I'm I wrong or missing anything here?

F

Foxrox

Junior Audioholic
Spoiler warning!

TheWarrior hit the nail on the head. It was great visually. The plot had its moments. There was some great dialogue about the Force. But still no background on Snoke or The First Order. Also, complete buzz-kill about Rey’s parents. Apparently none of it is relevant. The present drama between Luke, Leia, Rey, and Ren is pretty much the plot. The rest is fluff. No depth. Boo.

One more thing, if light-speed collisions can do that... seems like there might have been some application for that in the past.

To enjoy this movie, take Yoda’s advice you must. Live in the now.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
Switch off your brain, you must. Yes... hmmmm! An uncritical 9 yr old you must be.

I really wanted to like it.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Plot hole? I'll give you a plot hole. The entire "chase" plot depended on the Resistance cruisers staying just out of range of the First Order (which they can do at sublight because they are "lighter and faster") before running out of fuel. For hours. (Never mind that capital ships only have a few hours of cruising fuel...) They can't jump or they'll be tracked. (How, and who planted such a tracker? We never find out, other than to establish a random side quest). But the First Order can jump just fine. Why not jump a couple of those Star Destroyers ahead of the Resistance cruisers, box them in, and pick them off in about 10 seconds? Why not send fighters in to wreck the cruisers and if they run out of fuel (they would be "out of range" otherwise) let them coast and be picked up by the passing First Order when they pass by? Jeez, that whole situation bothered me no end. Everyone behaved stupidly.
Never played Xwing vs Tie Fighter huh? Lightspeed is not a state of being, it's something you have to attain, which means acceleration has to happen. That scene demonstrated very clearly the desperate situation the rebels are in.... again

(If we need to go over the difference in speed sub-light vs. light speed, I'll have to give your inner 9 year old a math lesson :)

Your complaint is the details, my complaint is the 'again'.

I had hoped, and may still be right, the dark side has evolved, the Sith, the Empire - The Jedi have always been, the Jedi... will they evolve too and perhaps entangle character development and good story-telling with the cohesive plot in 9?

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
Never played Xwing vs Tie Fighter huh? Lightspeed is not a state of being, it's something you have to attain, which means acceleration has to happen.
Bah. The star destroyer in ESB dumped its garbage and went to lightspeed from a standing start. Even if they needed to accelerate, they could have done so - in a different direction, then still piled in on top of the retreating Resistance ships after turning around. We saw from one of the very first shots that when they emerge they can stop on a dime.

Plot. Hole.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Switch off your brain, you must. Yes... hmmmm! An uncritical 9 yr old you must be.

I really wanted to like it.
Got have your brain switched on otherwise you wouldn't know WTF you just seen and heard? Then again maybe its best to leave the brain outside the auditorium in jar and just sit in the seat catatonic o_O for 152mins.

The ratings on these disney star wars is like falling down to level of the prequels I wonder why that is? :D

The originals have a higher score rating Enough said. :)

I agree with the guy that disney force awakens SUCKED. He should have done jedi review but the guy doesn't see this crap as star wars is for 8 year olds.

Last edited:
A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Admiral Ackbar's final last famous words was.

"Its a" .... KABOOM!!!

Now Acbar is singing a song in space.

One more trap
One more trap
I've been trying ooh so long to let you know "its a trap"
Let you know how I feel "Its a trap"
And if I stumble if I fall, just help me back "Its a trap"
So I can make you see "Its a trap"

Its trap.JPG

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LMAO. :D

So I am being optimistic when I said this Star Wars movie is a rental? :eek: :D

I think the only way to make a good Star Wars movie now is to make one that’s mostly unrelated to Star Wars.

For example, I think “Rogue One” is the best Star Wars movies since “Return of the Jedi”.

Well, I’m still going to have to watch this movie when it’s out on Netflix so I can join in on the Hate Party. :D

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm going to see it tomorrow.
My 19yo daughter gave it a "meh" and said I should movie hop to "Wonder", LOL!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, the irony.

Looks like “Wonder” is a movie about a 9 YR old boy, but the target audience is 20 YR or older.

“Star Wars” is a movie about some 20-70 YR people, but the target audience is 9 YR or younger. :D

Last edited:
A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Go browse around "123 free movies" you have to be cracker jack fast at clicking off the other links that pop up but once got over that hurdle all is fine and watching it for FREE like as in, your freedom of rights?

I must have saved thousands £ not seeing this rubbish at the cinema even the silly princess freezing in space like the disney "Frozen" sign-O-long then it turns into another musical flying though space like Mary god damn Poppins singing "a spoonful Ackbar helps the force medicine go down".

Please do yourself a favour you don't need to hear that crappy skywalker sound mix in Atmos and I used to be a fan of their sound mix stuff not anymore. Now its disney, disney can get the middle force finger for the travesty they created.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Oh, the irony.

Looks like “Wonder” is a movie about a 9 YR old boy, but the target audience is 20 YR or older.

“Star Wars” is a movie about some 20-70 YR people, but the target audience is 9 YR or younger. :D
I see you, been now watching that video above and that is good advice if not 9 years old or so check in at "Belle Vue". :D

death stars does anyone have a clue how long it would take to build one? More than many life-times. It took nasa a lousy 20 years to build an ISS and its not even the size of our moon.

death star killer planet now that is taking the biscuit now. That would be near to impossible and yes han solo would be very dead by time its built. Star destroyer? More like hundreds of years at that size and same design all that hardware would have to be built in zero-gravity and have parts taken up every single hour.

Its like that Titanic 2 pipe dream not ever gonna happen.

As much as I like STAR WARS that is stored in my memory bank back in the 70's and early 80's nice times fond memories but I hate disney. I think disney movies suck. There I spoke my mind freely.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Got have your brain switched on otherwise you wouldn't know WTF you just seen and heard? Then again maybe its best to leave the brain outside the auditorium in jar and just sit in the seat catatonic o_O for 152mins.

The ratings on these disney star wars is like falling down to level of the prequels I wonder why that is? :D

The originals have a higher score rating Enough said. :)

I agree with the guy that disney force awakens SUCKED. He should have done jedi review but the guy doesn't see this crap as star wars is for 8 year olds.
Go browse around "123 free movies" you have to be cracker jack fast at clicking off the other links that pop up but once got over that hurdle all is fine and watching it for FREE like as in, your freedom of rights?

I must have saved thousands £ not seeing this rubbish at the cinema even the silly princess freezing in space like the disney "Frozen" sign-O-long then it turns into another musical flying though space like Mary god damn Poppins singing "a spoonful Ackbar helps the force medicine go down".

Please do yourself a favour you don't need to hear that crappy skywalker sound mix in Atmos and I used to be a fan of their sound mix stuff not anymore. Now its disney, disney can get the middle force finger for the travesty they created.
Andyblackcat - Master Rant Sensei!
Nicely done!

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
You guys should remember that these are Space Operas, not a real Sci-Fi movies. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis