The freedom convoy of antivaxers here in Canada are a bunch of facist pigs.

L

Lazasar

Junior Audioholic
From the CDC paper, near the top (second of three major points)-

"Asymptomatic patients shed the virus for a shorter time than symptomatic patients.", so it does happen.

Sorry to see this about your aunt- is she using immune-suppression therapy?
Thank you for you concern. I do not know about her treatment plan.

regarding the information you posted, it is old data and I believe recent data indicates there is no asymptomatic transmission. I don’t have time to do the research now, I have work to do. If I remember to look later, I will share it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay a few things here working in nursing I'm here to tell you if you are not wearing a KN95 or N95 masks are WORTHLESS.

If they have not been Fit Tested even as an N95 or KN95 they are worthless

You go in they put a bag over your head and they tighten and adjust your masks and try different sizes as they spray a scented mist inside the bag until you can no longer detect any smell from any angle. They are tight as heck by the time I get home from work I got stretch marks all over my face. They are not fun to wear for 8 hours or more at all

If your not doing that you might as well be wearing your underwear or a diaper on your face the misinformation I keep hearing about masks is frustrating.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Not a political position here, just personal anecdote.

I am vaxxed, so is my wife. We use masks too.

I caught covid, and then gave it to her.
Seems the vax neither stopped me from getting it or kept me from spreading it.

I don't see the point.
You're still alive. That's the point.

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
FYI, I am a conservative and used MSN for two reasons:1. I assumed if I got it from Fox you would reject it and 2. It was quoting the CDC and I assumed that was a source you would accept. The problem is not the unvaccinated. The problem is an ever changing virus that we mistakenly believe we can resolve with a vaccine. If you care to learn more, do your own research. My statements are all supported by data. Why are you so invested in vilifying millions of Americans who do not agree with you? I have followed the science since day one and arrive at a different opinion than some, but the reality is there is no consensus within the medical community. I am not saying you should not get the shot if you are concerned about it, I am saying there is nothing righteous in getting the shot and I believe the potential risk to society of the vaccine regimen is far greater than the long term risk of the virus. Time will tell.
I'm sorry, where did I vilify you or anyone else? In line with the mission of this forum, all I did was ask you to support your opinions. The CDC director's statement (which needs context) does not do that. I am an open minded person, but I don't have unlimited time to research other's opinions.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Okay a few things here working in nursing I'm here to tell you if you are not wearing a KN95 or N95 masks are WORTHLESS.

You go in they put a bag over your head and they tighten and adjust your masks and try different sizes as they spray a scented mist inside the bag until you can no longer detect any smell from any angle. They are tight as heck by the time I get home from work I got stretch marks all over my face. They are not fun to wear for 8 hours or more at all

If your not doing that you might as well be wearing your underwear or a diaper on your face the misinformation I keep hearing about masks is frustrating.
Try doing PT on a Peloton while wearing a mask if you want suckage.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Must admit I can't follow every change in transmission rates, use of masks, et al. but I wear masks everywhere but in the car alone. I am nor pretend to be a COVID expert and I read all that I can about it.

Our Leaders and the Media want us to wear masks indoors, keep our distances, and avoid crowds/superspreader situations, etc, even if we are 3x vaxxed. Do I have that right?

If so, then one of the biggest problems in general public's uptake of information is that same Leaders talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. Rules for thee, not for me.

Here's just one of hundreds of examples. I use this example because of the great pretzels the Media turned into to justify it and tell us to not pay attention. Understand this too place before Omnicron but don't think that mattered..

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS it's the elephant in the room no one likes to talk about

I mean you just had AOC down in Florida maskless and catching Covid after so many are demonizing Florida's response

You want to know what the average person on the street and the unvaxxed see when they see behavior like that?

Well this crap must not be that serious then is it and they don't want to comply. I mean I haven't seen my family in 2 fuggin years and when I see crap like that from our leaders it pisses me off so gosh darn much

This isn't a left or right thing it goes way past politics our leadership has been terrible period and is a huge reason why most people I speak too especially unvaxxed just don't give a crap at this stage

As much as I hate conservative leaderships retarded response to this at least they have been consistent about being retarded

They just flipped the bird the whole time to this but don't be a leader who supports the science and demonizes the unvaxxed and then go and do retarded crap like Florida trips or throwing big birthday bashes or gets busted breaking your own rules when you have enforced the highest restrictions on your communities because that does even more damage to people's perceptions about how seriously they should take this

Sorry this really gets to me just needed to steam vent this out

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS it's the elephant in the room no one likes to talk about

I mean you just had AOC down in Florida maskless and catching Covid after so many are demonizing Florida's response

You want to know what the average person on the street and the unvaxxed see when they see behavior like that?

Well this crap must not be that serious then is it and they don't want to comply. I mean I haven't seen my family in 2 fuggin years and when I see crap like that from our leaders it pisses me off so gosh darn much

This isn't a left or right thing it goes way past politics our leadership has been terrible period and is a huge reason why most people I speak too especially unvaxxed just don't give a crap at this stage

As much as I hate conservative leaderships retarded response to this at least they have been consistent about being retarded

They just flipped the bird the whole time to this but don't be a leader who supports the science and demonizes the unvaxxed and then go and do retarded crap like Florida trips or throwing big birthday bashes or gets busted breaking your own rules when you have enforced the highest restrictions on your communities because that does even more damage to people's perceptions about how seriously they should take this

Well, if you like AOC going maskless in FL, you'll REALLY like Gavin Newsome doing the same with the San Fran Mayor, Garcetti and Magic Johnson at the playoff game. I thought Johnson would need to be more careful, having HIV, and all.........

I'm sure you saw that she tweeted "“If Republicans are mad they can’t date me they can just say that instead of projecting their sexual frustrations onto my boyfriend’s feet.".

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure you saw that she tweeted "“If Republicans are mad they can’t date me they can just say that instead of projecting their sexual frustrations onto my boyfriend’s feet.".
Now that is a good tweet!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Is that just in relation to a professional level of protection? Seems there is still going to be some protection even with lesser masks in general use by the public. Even a few layers of cloth are better than absolutely nothing, aren't they?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Is that just in relation to a professional level of protection? Seems there is still going to be some protection even with lesser masks in general use by the public. Even a few layers of cloth are better than absolutely nothing, aren't they?
We have to keep in mind just how small viruses are cloth is not even a barrier to this virus

Especially with Omnicron its way too transmissable honestly not with the other variants either but especially not with Omnicron.

But hey if it helps people feel better then do your part and wear them

Also at least buy N95 or KN95 and if your not going to have them fitted at least wear those that will possibly do some good.

Cloth masks are WORTHLESS. Professional use or in the community Distancing is much more effective period so keep an eye on Covid levels in your area rate of hospitalizations etc and make educated decisions on where you go.

Right now we're getting hit in San Antonio so no going out for me no big get togethers for the playoffs just making decisions with my behaviour based on the data at hand. Now after it peaks I can make different decisions. As with vaccines just use good judgment based on the data in your community and you should be okay.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We have to keep in mind just how small viruses are cloth is not even a barrier to this virus

Especially with Omnicron its way too transmissable honestly not with the other variants either but especially not with Omnicron.

Also at least buy N95 or KN95 and if your not going to have them fitted at least wear those that will possibly do some good.

Cloth masks are WORTHLESS.
Still wondering the difference as needed in your professional environment vs general use....going with something like this https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-updates/2020/07/do-cloth-masks-actually-work

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Faux host has recently

Cloth masks are WORTHLESS.
Yeah but from a business perspective they really didn't have much choice but to go with the cheap disposable ones. Employees lose/forget their more expensive masks, and business doesn't really have any realistic choice otherwise. They're not going to spend more on masks only to have their employees lose them.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Faux host has recently

Yeah but from a business perspective they really didn't have much choice but to go with the cheap disposable ones. Employees lose/forget their more expensive masks, and business doesn't really have any realistic choice otherwise. They're not going to spend more on masks only to have their employees lose them.
You are unfortunately correct wish that wasn't the case

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You are unfortunately correct wish that wasn't the case
I'd say at least the disposable at least have some protection no matter how small the percentages merely because something is over the mouth. This stuff about touching your nose and mouth is still gonna be secondary to sneezing in front of someone w/o a mask on me thinks.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
I've worn MOP gear. Every tiny air leak is important.

Masks are useless to protect oneself unless you're wearing goggles that seal over your eyes.

If you have tubes in your ears, they would need to be plugged as well.

I don't care how fancy a n95 you have on. It was designed for dust.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Rules for thee, but not for me.

L

Lazasar

Junior Audioholic
I'm sorry, where did I vilify you or anyone else? In line with the mission of this forum, all I did was ask you to support your opinions. The CDC director's statement (which needs context) does not do that. I am an open minded person, but I don't have unlimited time to research other's opinions.
I am not referring to any one person regarding vilifying the unvaccinated. I am saying that is what society is doing and it is not only wrong, it is without merit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis