The freedom convoy of antivaxers here in Canada are a bunch of facist pigs.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
It will probably be a non-issue soon as mandates are being lifted around the world.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What's interesting to me about this article is really if you take there gas and stuff how are you actually going to tow these big rigs out of there? This isn't a Honda Accord were talking about here. And there are hundreds of these massive vehicles you have to tow.

Damn this is 10 days straight of this I'm wondering how long it's going to go
Semis are towed everyday in every major part of the US & Canada-it's no big deal to a qualified two company.

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

highfigh

Up here, people have been watching the tire fire that has been blazing in the US for several years now with a mixture of bemusement and smugness. However, the disfunction has been spreading and we are experiencing it now. Ironically, we may be spreading it back to you guys. Sorry.

Ottawa protest inspires talk of copycat convoys in U.S. and beyond | CBC News
And as usual, some of the first to realize that it's happening in Canada will think they're seeing something for the first time and because Americans have the collective attention span of a thumbtack, it will spread like wildfire.

From where you are, can I assume that watching the US is similar to 'a June Bug in a corner that can't find its way out'?

L

Lazasar

Junior Audioholic
I agree it would be nice to get everyone vaxxed. But I think it's clear by now the people that aren't going to just aren't going to. Your not going to get them to comply at this late stage of the game.

So how do we move forward then so people that are compliant dont have to be disrupted by the ones that don't? Our Federal government in the US seems obsessed with getting everyone vaxxed even when they are not going to clearly these people are just not going to.

Blanket mandates on certain industries that we need to run smoothly right now when based on the science they might not even need mandates based on there type of work just seems to be counterproductive.

I'm wondering if the government might need to accept that a percentage of the population will never be compliant no matter what you take away from them. So how do we change our strategy moving forward? Mandating people that not only won't comply but also in doing so it creates disruptions in certain industries that causes as much problems as the virus just seems to be a counter intuitive strategy
The science is clear, the unvaccinated pose no threat to the vaccinated, there is no scientific justification for a vaccine mandate.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not a political position here, just personal anecdote.

I am vaxxed, so is my wife. We use masks too.

I caught covid, and then gave it to her.
Seems the vax neither stopped me from getting it or kept me from spreading it.

I don't see the point.
Did it keep you out of the hospital?

Off a ventilator?

THAT is the point.

It's way too late to keep everyone from getting sick. Omicron spreads like wildfire. Vaccines keep people who catch it alive. The time to slow spread was in 2020, but that's ancient history now.

"it only kills <1%" is all fine and dandy until you're the one about to get ventilated.

I don't comment in Covid threads on here much anymore because my soul has turned black and I enjoy reading about antivax assholes getting their comeuppance. It's entertainment for me. I used to feel bad, but then 2021 happened and now people get sick and die because "freedom" (whatever the F that even means) when the medicine exists to save themselves. Let them die. Let them all die. Burn the bodies in mass graves, just get them out of the way of people trying to make things better.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, as long as the dispatcher doesn't say "OK, take the one in the middle of the pack", it could be done but I think the writer of the article is absolutely brilliant for including "...unless the drivers allow it .". Thanks, Captain Obvious!

I meant that it could be done in a "Sure, it's possible" not in the "They'll go willingly" way.
Well, as long as the dispatcher doesn't say "OK, take the one in the middle of the pack", it could be done but I think the writer of the article is absolutely brilliant for including "...unless the drivers allow it .". Thanks, Captain Obvious!

I meant that it could be done in a "Sure, it's possible" not in the "They'll go willingly" way.
It certainly can be done, but it would take weeks to get them out of there. That's if they can find towing companies to do it, as they're afraid of backlash.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Just
It certainly can be done, but it would take weeks to get them out of there. That's if they can find towing companies to do it, as they're afraid of backlash.
Just curious, is there a truckers union? Maybe that also makes them hesitant.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Did it keep you out of the hospital?

Off a ventilator?

THAT is the point.

It's way too late to keep everyone from getting sick. Omicron spreads like wildfire. Vaccines keep people who catch it alive. The time to slow spread was in 2020, but that's ancient history now.

"it only kills <1%" is all fine and dandy until you're the one about to get ventilated.

I don't comment in Covid threads on here much anymore because my soul has turned black and I enjoy reading about antivax assholes getting their comeuppance. It's entertainment for me. I used to feel bad, but then 2021 happened and now people get sick and die because "freedom" (whatever the F that even means) when the medicine exists to save themselves. Let them die. Let them all die. Burn the bodies in mass graves, just get them out of the way of people trying to make things better.
People really need to understand percentages. 1% doesn't sound like a lot, but I know if someone gave me a bag of 100 M&Ms and told me one of them would kill me, I don't think I'd eat any M&Ms. Some people, apparently, will start eating them by the handfuls.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Still 2500 plus dying per day most of them unvaxed and older (over 70) in the U.S. So, if you are relatively young you are pretty safe. But you are possibly spreading the virus and also possibly helping to make your older neighbors sick. Not something I'd want on my conscience. :(

L

Lazasar

Junior Audioholic
Still 2500 plus dying per day most of them unvaxed and older (over 70) in the U.S. So, if you are relatively young you are pretty safe. But you are possibly spreading the virus and also possibly helping to make your older neighbors sick. Not something I'd want on my conscience. :(
Vaccinated can spread the vaccine just like the unvaccinated. There is literally no difference. The ONLY reason to get the vaccine is to protect yourself, it is not an altruistic venture.

L

Lazasar

Junior Audioholic
People really need to understand percentages. 1% doesn't sound like a lot, but I know if someone gave me a bag of 100 M&Ms and told me one of them would kill me, I don't think I'd eat any M&Ms. Some people, apparently, will start eating them by the handfuls.
Your chance of dying, under the age of 65, is far less than 1%.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Vaccinated can spread the vaccine just like the unvaccinated. There is literally no difference. The ONLY reason to get the vaccine is to protect yourself, it is not an altruistic venture.
Your first sentence is correct. The rest are wrong.

While vaccinated people can spread the virus, unvaccinated people spread it more.
Reasons to get vaccinated:
1) As you say - to protect yourself.
2) If you get infected, less likely to spread it to others.
3) Less likely to be hospitalized. This reduces pressure on our health care systems and health care workers. When hospital capacity is maxed out, due to people who might have avoided hospitalization by getting vaccinated, other people who need a hospital bed for other reasons are being deprived.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Your first sentence is correct. The rest are wrong.

While vaccinated people can spread the virus, unvaccinated people spread it more.
Reasons to get vaccinated:
1) As you say - to protect yourself.
2) If you get infected, less likely to spread it to others.
3) Less likely to be hospitalized. This reduces pressure on our health care systems and health care workers. When hospital capacity is maxed out, due to people who might have avoided hospitalization by getting vaccinated, other people who need a hospital bed for other reasons are being deprived.
;)Ah, they don't care about that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis