The Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, and Auro-3D Discussion Thread

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Full Audioholic
Ratings
304 2 41
I watched The Quick and the Dead in Atmos and Mission Impossible Rogue Nation in Atmos. The former was decent. It had plenty of surround sounds and several overhead sound moments. I thought Rogue Nation was kind of weak considering how great Ghost Protocol sounded in just 7.1. Fallout did much better in Atmos than Rogue Nation, IMO.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Full Audioholic
Ratings
304 2 41
Kingsman, The Golden Circle didn't have very impressive Atmos sound, IMO and what it did have (e.g. Jungle noises in Cambodia) were so low level they were hard to hear without turning the volume up pretty loud.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ratings
8,210 23 6
I just saw “Escape Room” BluRay in DTS using NeuralX.

The overhead effects were pretty spot on and very lively. Another example of how awesome NeuralX is.

Amazing how NeuralX can take some DTS movie and make it sound better than many so-called Atmos/DTSX movie.

Is is because the original movie was already mixed for overhead effects?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Ninja
Ratings
1,537 7 1
Welp I'm convinced. Neural X is better. Just watched arrival, which was fantastic btw. I haven't heard a movie with sound that good in a long time. Neural X did a great job of putting sound in the right places. Not a good movie for demo material, but as a whole it was excellent.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ratings
8,210 23 6
Welp I'm convinced. Neural X is better. Just watched arrival, which was fantastic btw. I haven't heard a movie with sound that good in a long time. Neural X did a great job of putting sound in the right places. Not a good movie for demo material, but as a whole it was excellent.
Yeah, while watching “Escape Room” with NeuralX, I thought it sounded as good as some of the better DTSX and Atmos mixes. Not the first time either.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ratings
8,210 23 6
I watched about 15 minutes of "The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey" using NeuralX last night.

I saw it originally in Los Angeles in one of the Dolby Atmos commercial theaters. I was 100% underwhelm because I couldn't hear much OVERHEAD.

But I sure heard some cool Overhead sound effects last night with NeuralX, which means if they were to release a 4K-Atmos version, it would sound pretty great too.

Yet another one of many examples of NeuralX and another example of how HOME Atmos is so much better than some commercial Atmos theaters.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ratings
8,210 23 6
"Godzilla King of the Monsters 2019" should have pretty awesome Atmos overhead effects with all those aircrafts and monsters overhead. :D

4K Atmos BD release date is 8/27/19.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ratings
8,210 23 6
I've heard the movie itself is terrible, though.
Haters gonna hate. :D

I don't think Godzilla 2019 has any worse of a plot than most movies these days, which have plenty of plot holes and very little character development and plot. :D

All these Marvel and DC comic book movies have tons of plot holes. All those Jurassic movies have tons of plot holes.

Godzilla 2019 should give us 3 things.

1. Great Overhead sound effects, bass, and overall surround sound
2. Awesome monsters to look at
3. Plenty of action from those monsters

And I don't think the plot of Godzilla 2019 is too stupid. I don't agree with it, but it's not the dumbest plot - allowing mind-controlled Titans to roam free could somehow restore the Balance of nature since humans are causing nuclear destructions and pollutions that will cause the extinction of all life? :D

But I watch Godzilla to be entertained by those 3 points mentioned, not think about saving the earth or academy awards. :D

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis