Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The last 30 seconds of episode 4 were good, the rest...junk. I want it to get better, I really do, but I think I am done.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The last 30 seconds of episode 4 were good, the rest...junk. I want it to get better, I really do, but I think I am done.
I think 4 episodes is a very fair trial period. If you don't like a series after 4 episodes, then I think the chances of liking the rest of the series is slim.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw E04. It was written by the writer who wrote The Watchmen series.

I thought E04 was better than E01 and 100% better than E03.

So it just depends on who’s the writer for the episode.

I’ll just pretend E03 never existed. Will watch E05 for sure. Hopefully E05 has a good writer like E04 did.

Why can’t they just hire one good writer for the entire season. Or hire only good writers.

I think if the entire season was written by Watchmen’s Claire Kiechel (E04) and/or House of the Dragon’s Charmaine DeGrate (E02, E07), The Acolyte would have been awesome.

So I guess there are at least 3 good episodes (2, 4, 7). I will lower expectations for E05, E06, and E08. :D

Last edited:
jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Some man babies have been review bombing it on Rotten Tomatoes. The reviews have no relation to reality. I've had my frustrations with Star Wars since the ewoks in the third movie and don't get me started on Jar-Jar. I'm not review bombing any of it.

Jim

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Just saw E04. It was written by the writer who wrote The Watchmen series.

I thought E04 was better than E01 and 100% better than E03.

So it just depends on who’s the writer for the episode.

I’ll just pretend E03 never existed. Will watch E05 for sure. Hopefully E05 has a good writer like E04 did.

Why can’t they just hire one good writer for the entire season. Or hire only good writers.

I think if the entire season was written by Claire Kiechel (The Watchmen, 9 episodes) and/or Charmaine DeGrate (House of the Dragon, 10 episodes), The Acolyte would have been awesome.

But no. Just let Kiechel write 1 episode and DeGrate write 2 episodes. So I guess there are at least 3 good episodes.
Thanks good info, I'll give this a look see. How's the sound track? I am a SW fan.
But your right those series made for streaming seem to change up writers and directors from episode to episode. GOT, TWD, just too name two did the same thing and messed up some episodes and some seasons.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks good info, I'll give this a look see. How's the sound track? I am a SW fan.
But your right those series made for streaming seem to change up writers and directors from episode to episode. GOT, TWD, just too name two did the same thing and messed up some episodes and some seasons.
I think the soundtrack/SQ is fine - nothing really stands out as good or bad - doesn't bother me - I don't have to turn up the volume or turn down the volume.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Some man babies have been review bombing it on Rotten Tomatoes. The reviews have no relation to reality. I've had my frustrations with Star Wars since the ewoks in the third movie and don't get me started on Jar-Jar. I'm not review bombing any of it.

Jim
That last episode, 4, was pretty good. Anyway, why can't those hodgepodge of Jedis can't detect the dark side.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched 3 and 4 over the weekend. 3 I can see where fans may have some issues in what they are saying. 4 shows where it is going though, and I found that one pretty interesting.

That last episode, 4, was pretty good. Anyway, why can't those hodgepodge of Jedis can't detect the dark side.
Sol does, but seems to not do anything about it or doesn't realize what it means. The rest of them are oblivious to it. It feels semi-obvious who this master is though; there are only a few possibilities of those introduced in the story so far.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
I think the soundtrack/SQ is fine - nothing really stands out as good or bad - doesn't bother me - I don't have to turn up the volume or turn down the volume.
What about the lightsaber fights? If I can't hear any swooshing sounds from the lightsaber fights in my surround sound speakers I'm not watching this.;)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What about the lightsaber fights? If I can't hear any swoosh sounds from the lightsaber fights in my surround sound speakers I'm not watching this.;)
I think the Swooshing sounds were mainly in the fronts. Nothing in the surrounds catches my attention. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Not a fan as I have already stated, but it is ridiculous how badly it is getting review bombed. Do people really have nothing better to do...... other than review bomb it here ? ;)

There are already more total reviews (Rotten Tomatoes) for this series than all 3 seasons of the Mandalorian combined. While I don't think it is good, the fanatics are out of control lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There was an article that said this show is getting massively review bombed. After just 4 episodes it has more reviews than all the seasons of Mandalorian combined. Yeah, it is not great, but it isn't horrible.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
There was an article that said this show is getting massively review bombed. After just 4 episodes it has more reviews than all the seasons of Mandalorian combined. Yeah, it is not great, but it isn't horrible.
Whether a person likes or hates Disney Star Wars usually cuts across whatever the political or cultural ideologies are. Most folks that hate it and review bombing it probably lean towards the right. The folks that praising it or defend it probably leans towards the left, those of which the right refer to as woke.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Whether a person likes or hates Disney Star Wars usually cuts across whatever the political or cultural ideologies are. Most folks that hate it and review bombing it probably lean towards the right. The folks that praising it or defend it probably leans towards the left, those of which the right refer to as woke.
And you base that on, what?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would tend to agree with that. A good example would be the review bombing of Lightyear.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
IMDb Ratings:
Mandalorian = 8.6
Andor = 8.4
Ahsoka = 7.4
Boba Fett = 7.2
Obi-Wan = 7.1
Acolyte = 3.3

But all the other SW series did NOT get review-bombed, at least not like Acolyte.

So I guess your theory is that Acolyte is the most political series from SW so far?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IMDb Ratings:
Mandalorian = 8.6
Andor = 8.4
Ahsoka = 7.4
Boba Fett = 7.2
Obi-Wan = 7.1
Acolyte = 3.3

But all the other SW series did NOT get review-bombed, at least not like Acolyte.

So I guess your theory is that Acolyte is the most political series from SW so far?
Like I mentioned though, Acolyte has more reviews in 4 episodes than all 3 seasons of Mandalorian. So that does say something. Either people really hate it, or it brings out the review bombs. I think because it is trying to define how things ended up becoming the foundation of what is Star Wars, being 100 years before, fans may not like how they handled it.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
IMDb Ratings:
Mandalorian = 8.6
Andor = 8.4
Ahsoka = 7.4
Boba Fett = 7.2
Obi-Wan = 7.1
Acolyte = 3.3

Yes, from my observation of those reviewing it, pro and con.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw E05. Not good, but not that bad. I rate it 6/10 compared to everything else out there.

Definitely not 3.3/10 ratings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis