Teac Reference Series

B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
Alright mate

Yeah I really got a fantastic price all in the original inside polystyrene foam, box and remote control £165 I'm over the moon, I can't wait to see it lol

And for upgrade the part I haven't got any clue but I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. So you looking about £90 for the parts for the upgrades? By upgrading the part did you personally notice the difference?

What turntable is that in the picture? It looks beautiful

Bill

claman

claman

Enthusiast
Hi Bill,

No worries, I like to help.
The TT is Reloop RP7000 MKII Gold Limited Edition.
Regarding the upgrades I can say yes I did hear a difference, but the most is after adding those RED JUPITER 0.1 uF (28 $)capacitors in parallel with the 4.7 uF on the Amplifier signal line(see couple of posts back) > Major SOUND IMPROVMENT.
I had to upgrade some power line capacitors due to aging and that electrolyte burnt smell, that the amplifier gave while running. These upgrades were pure functional ones.

Now since you are not into electronics, and cannot do this by your own I suggest to opt for someone who knows, not to do any harm. For now, just plug it and enjoy it. No worries for the rest ;)

Waiting for pics with the new beast ;)
Regards,
Claudiu

Last edited:
B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
Hi Bill,

No worries, I like to help.
The TT is Reloop RP7000 MKII Gold Limited Edition.
Regarding the upgrades I can say yes I did hear a difference, but the most is after adding those RED JUPITER 0.1 uF (28 $)capacitors in parallel with the 4.7 uF on the Amplifier signal line(see couple of posts back) > Main SOUND IMPROVMENT.
I had to upgrade some power line capacitors due to aging and that electrolite burnt smell, that the amplifier gave while running. These upgrades were pure functional ones.

Now since you are not into electronics, and cannot do this by your own I suggest to opt for someone who knows, not to do any harm. For now, just plug it and enjoy it. No worries for the rest ;)

Waiting for pics with the new beast ;)
Regards,
Claudiu

B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
Hi

Yeah I just see if everything is good first and I can see about the upgrades in the new year. You be the first to see the new baby lol
What was the turntable?

B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
The TT is Reloop RP7000 MKII Gold Limited Edition...silly me I've never heard of them before but very very nice. I've got a SL150 Technics

B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
Hi mate
I hope you okay? My amplifier arrive today, omg it's looks so beautiful but I've not tested it yet. I wanted to send you photos but I'm unable to, it won't let me attach files??

Cheers Bill

B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
My number is 07886780218 I could send it to you via WhatsApp?

claman

claman

Enthusiast
Hi Bill,

Having some issue Whatsapp-ing to the shared number.
Can you please load them here: https://wetransfer.com/ and share the link so it remains on the forum?

Regards,
Claudiu

claman

claman

Enthusiast
Hi Bill,

It looks gorgeous and its condition is impeccable. I am glad you found it in such a good condition.
It makes me tremble every time I see it. lol:cool::D.Please let me know how it sounds. My ears instantly felt the difference from the sounding of my previous amps.
In case you need to replace any of those big capacitors, highly advise to buy them from a trusted source, like HifiCollective, Mouser, etc.

but until then, hook it, turn it on, and let it do its job ;). Hook that Subwoofer and share the result with us. I will be doing some upgrades this Saturday, replacing some electrolitics, and will keep you posted with photos. I will load them here as this is the biggest TEAC thread that I could find on the internet.

Cheers!
Claudiu

B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
Hi Claudiu

I just finished work and trying to get home as fast as possible to test this beauty out, it like Christmas lol
To be honest if it wasn't for this Teac forum and yourself mate, I wouldn't of had this amplifier now. So I like to thank you for everything and the fantastic support. You are super star. It obvious that is meant to be. And to be a mega bargain £165 and top it of all is the condition, it's bloody mint condition. I'm soooo lucky.

Regards Bill

B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
Omg Claudiu it sound out of this world... amazing. Instrument separation and sound stage is so f..king is so beautiful and for bass it phenomenal so clean and fast, not bad for 20 years old speakers. I've not even got my active sub connected yet, to be honest I don't think I need it. I never knew my speaker could do this. What a beautiful little monster of a amplifier. I'm sooooo happy everyone need this little beauty. Bill x

claman

claman

Enthusiast
Hi Bill,

Glad you like it. I knew that would please you.
Regarding subwoofer, just connect it and you will be amazed again. Sorry for my last photo , i separate inputs wrong. See below the correct way:
1606594771615.png

For me the x-over whare I like it the most is 100 hz. works well with lower, but this is the way I like it.
So AMP > Y cable, one end to speaker one end into SUB. Same for the other channel. Use heavy gauge copper cable for Base(Subwoofer) ;) it make a difference.

Regards & ENJOY this little moster ;)
Claudiu

B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
Good morning Claudiu
I'm so sorry but I'm a little confused about wiring the sub now. I've attached a photo is it A or B and which way is better and why?

I hope it makes sense.

Regards Bill

claman

claman

Enthusiast
Hi Bill,

I draw a scheme for your help:
1606651675996.png

hope this helps.

Regards,
Claudiu

claman

claman

Enthusiast
Updates for any that is interested:

Changed the caps captured in below image:
- 1st row with 4 brown Silmic II 220uF/35V are the decoupling caps for preamp
- the 4 smaller Silmic II's 100uF/35V are the output capacitors for power supply
- the rest of them are Panasonic FMs 100uF/50V and 100uF/25V are use in bypass capacitors for accessory power supply and the microcontroller bypass ones
- the red Wima's are bypass film caps
Capture.PNG

Immediate results:
1. The volume is increasing more linearly . Previously the volume would increase too fast with volume know being rotated.
2. Sound - I can't feel too much of a difference, but bass seems more deep and accurate. Waiting a while for the caps to settle in (burn in as other would say).

Next step would be changing the resistors in preamp section, because while removing the board I could see that those resistors were being stressed and board got darker in that area. Also noted that the bypass 0.022 uF which I replaced with Wima, were almost cooked. They just broke into pieces when removed.

NOTE: As compared to the replaced caps on the amp boards, these caps were in specs. I have opened one and still could see electrolyte inside. But those on the amp boards were way off the specs, and ended on the dumpster.

Regards,
Claudiu M.

B

Bill73

Audioholic Intern
Hi Claudiu
I'm so sorry for the late reply, I'd had a few problems to sort out. I hope you well mate?

Only yesterday I'd connected the sub and it sound okay, but no way as good as before when I was using the single subwoofer cable on my Teac AVH500. I've connected the cable the way you described to me on the previous post... strange!

Another thing I'd noticed with the 500i is when I turn the balance knob left to right I can hear some cracking noise! But other wise it's bloody amazing.

Plus on your previous post you upgraded the caps and resistors. Which went straight over my head lol only because I truly don't understand electronics at all.. sorry. But sound great.
Was that on the the 500i?

Regards Bill

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis