Svs Prime pinnacle vs Rp8000f (short review)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
After further inspecting the new speakers after I’ve finally been able to have some free time this weekend, I’ve noticed they also have factory blemishes/damage. Left, right and center have peeling vinyl wrap and the left speaker baffle is cracked towards three bottom.

The boxes showed up flawless. So, I highly doubt it was a shipping problem. Guess Chinese quality is sketchy too...:D:DView attachment 37628View attachment 37629View attachment 37630View attachment 37631
Crap!
I wouould call Klipsch and send them photos. If you have the skill to fix/hide these issues, you might take a discount otherwise get replacements.
If they get away shipping stuff like that they will continue to!
It may be that you are first to open the box since the factory in China, but that still means their QC or manufacturing dept was sleeping on the job!

Last edited:
Ken32

Ken32

Full Audioholic
Crap!
I wouould call Klipsch and send them photos. If you have the skill to fix/hide these issues, you might take a discount otherwise get replacements.
If they get away shipping stuff like that they will continue to!
It may be that you are first to open the box since the factory in chine, but that still means their QC or manufacturing dept was sleeping on the job!
I’ve tried calling them a dozen times and nobody is willing to answer the phone. Maybe covid-19? Not sure....

I’ve contacted Crutchfield and they offered me 300 off for all the damage. I had to decline. If I’m spending 1600 for my front 3 mains, they better be flawlesso_O They’re sending me all 3 replacements for free with free return shipping. If this next set comes messed up, I’ll know for sure it’s klipsch QC issues and not just a minor mishap.

They thought it may have been damaged through UPS, though, the boxes showed up flawless this time. So that rules that out.

We’ll see how this goes.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I’ve tried calling them a dozen times and nobody is willing to answer the phone. Maybe covid-19? Not sure....

I’ve contacted Crutchfield and they offered me 300 off for all the damage. I had to decline. If I’m spending 1600 for my front 3 mains, they better be flawlesso_O They’re sending me all 3 replacements for free with free return shipping. If this next set comes messed up, I’ll know for sure it’s klipsch QC issues and not just a minor mishap.

They thought it may have been damaged through UPS, though, the boxes showed up flawless this time. So that rules that out.

We’ll see how this goes.
Sorry to hear about this, but at least Crutchfield is taking care of you. I hope the new set arrives flawless!

A similar thing happened to me, though more extreme. I bought a Vizio tv that was delivered with an absolutely flawless box, including the factory tape. When I opened it up, one corner of the screen was smashed and splintered. There was no damage to the interior packaging either!

Ken32

Ken32

Full Audioholic
Sorry to hear about this, but at least Crutchfield is taking care of you. I hope the new set arrives flawless!

A similar thing happened to me, though more extreme. I bought a Vizio tv that was delivered with an absolutely flawless box, including the factory tape. When I opened it up, one corner of the screen was smashed and splintered. There was no damage to the interior packaging either!
It’s definitely frustrating getting damaged good from the factory.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The Pinnacle speakers are a bit more laid back then the Klipsch speakers, and that might suit your tastes more. I liked both the Pinnacle speakers and the RP-8000F speakers, although I didn't have them at the same time so I didn't compare them directly. I did do an A/B comparison of the RP-8000F vs the Paradigm Premier 800F, they are both good and have a lot in common as far as sound goes, but I did prefer the Premier 800f in the end. If I remember right, I don't think that the Klipsch speakers had deeper bass than the Pinnacle speakers though, they just had hotter bass. Anyway, you selected speakers the right way, by putting them through A/B comparisons. If you want to know how a speaker sound vs another, that is pretty much the only way to do it properly that is practical.
I was thinking this too. My experience with SVS' Ultras is that they're a bit laid back as well.

Coachorr54

Coachorr54

Audioholic Intern
You know, it’s bizarre this paradigm thing is coming up on this forum recently. When I was doing dozens of hours of research for my speakers last year, I was at one point sold on the 800f based on the review here. But I did some looking around the other forums and it seems issues like this are common, and people have expressed that when they do happen, getting Paradigm to do something about it is pulling teeth. So I stayed away.

I guess i’m kind of a sucker for “great customer service reputation” when I’m spending the kind of money we do on this hobby. And why I’ll probably keep climbing up the SVS sub ladder even though HSU might offer better value, after the way they bent the rules to allow me to upgrade both subs past the promised year.

maybe someone in Canada is paying attention and they’ll straighten things out but for now it seems wise to steer clear
SVS customer service is second to none. Thats why I have their products at the top of the list.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis