SVS PB-4000 vs SVS SB 16 ultra? Measurement questions

R

reggieburris

Enthusiast
Although this thread is a few months old, this is my take: I purchased dual SB16s having already owned and have got rid of or still have the following; SB-1000 (wife use for her office); Dual PB-1000s (gave to son); Dual PB-2000 Pros (traded up for dual PB-3000s); Dual SB-3000s (traded up to Dual SB-16s); Dual HSU ULS MK2S. I have the dual PB-3000s in my basement and my thought process was I would trade my Dual SB-3000s that were in my bedroom and put the SB16s in my family room, which I had dual HSU ULS MK2s, that I then moved to my bedroom. The SB16s sounded marvelous and very clean. However, having adjusted to the Hsu’s which really dig deep and the PB-3000s, I felt just ok. I wasn’t wowed. After adjusting Audyssey, the parametric and placement, I was able to get deep bass and clean sound but I yearned for more. Hence the reason I sent the SB16s back for dual PB-4000s. The PB-3000s gave me that ummph and deep, guttural bass I desire. So it only makes since to get the PB-4000s which are going in my basement, and the PB-3000s are now in my family room. The Hsu’s are overly adequate for my bedroom where I had to turn them down but I love the low rumble. If a person doesn’t desire louder, clean and low, low bass, the Sb16s are great and provide deep bass without any chuffing. But for movies and my moments when I forget I’m over 50, big subs take me where I want to be.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Thanks for your feedback - However I guess I have the opposite reaction. My SB16 is really nice and for me compared to the PB4000 is tighter and digs deep enough in my room - I am waiting for the second SB16 to arrive to run Duals.

R

reggieburris

Enthusiast
Thanks for your feedback - However I guess I have the opposite reaction. My SB16 is really nice and for me compared to the PB4000 is tighter and digs deep enough in my room - I am waiting for the second SB16 to arrive to run Duals.
Good luck And enjoy your SB16s and I’m going to enjoy my PB-4000s.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis