SVS big price increases!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sup homes!
I think it was me that mentioned that. Possibly a temporary hold on two way shipping or something like that. I agree, ditching something that is what people know them for might be damaging. But imo, the price hikes are likely more damaging. I guarantee there will be plenty of hold outs until the dust settles. Because IMO some of these bumps are totally obscene. Some people will buy, just because they have enough money and don’t GAF. But others, like myself who’s already a customer BTW, and has a decent setup is laughing at them. No Fukkin way I’m interested in their gear at those levels. To be clear. I’m not knocking their gear. Never have. It’s just that now, the “value” isn’t anywhere near where it used to be. Maybe they don’t care because they think they’re some fancy luxo brand. That’s fine. But I’m totally over the bill of rights, and for the premium, I’ll buy something else.
Brotha Bill! 'Sup, homie! I thought it might have been you but I didn't wanna leave my post to scroll through and look.

I can't disagree with any of your post man. As much as I love them, they've priced themselves out of my budget, and my recommendations. Well, til October 4th anyway. If I see anyone even considering SVS, I'll be sure to let 'em know they need to make up their minds pdq.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
When does the new pricing take effect it may have been mentioned I probably missed it .

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just in time to roll them back for the Black Friday Sale! :oops: :rolleyes:

Assuming, of course, the Economy and the Shipping Networks don't completely crash by then. :eek:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Assuming, of course, the Economy and the Shipping Networks don't completely crash by then. :eek:
You are way too optimistic!

I was thinking about adding the thread I started last night on problems especially in China and actually world wide.

This SVS price increase is just the canary in the coal mine. Scarcity of equipment and huge price rises are going to be the order of the day, at least for a few years.
This will NOT improve until we sort out the energy crisis world wide. We have to be far less dependent on China for our manufactured goods for ever.
I'm pretty sure we are the start of a really serious world wide disaster in terms of manufacture, energy supplies, and transport logistics.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

That’s seriously a possibility. And then they’ll knock a 100 bucks off and your still paying 200 denaros more . The only thing I haven’t see a huge increase is is cabling except the snake oil kind poop that always out threw the roof . But for real cables like canare , mongami and decent rca’s it’s still way better so far .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

I was thinking about adding the thread I started last night on problems especially in China and actually world wide.

This SVS price increase is just the canary in the coal mine. Scarcity of equipment and huge price rises are going to be the order of the day, at least for a few years.
This will NOT improve until we sort out the energy crisis world wide. We have to be far less dependent on China for our manufactured goods for ever.
I'm pretty sure we are the start of a really serious world wide disaster in terms of manufacture, energy supplies, and transport logistics.
I’ve got to agree with all that .

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Alas, friend Mark, I fear you may be confusing my tongue-in-cheek irreverence.
We have been borrowing time for way too long. The bills are due. It is not going to be pretty.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Alas, friend Mark, I fear you may be confusing my tongue-in-cheek irreverence.
We have been borrowing time for way too long. The bills are due. It is not going to be pretty.
No no it’s not it may take some time before the dust settles down this time . I believe the home audio world will be somewhat different not so much quality but in quantity for the masses .

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No no it’s not it may take some time before the dust settles down this time . I believe the home audio world will be somewhat different not so much quality but in quantity for the masses .
This isn't just about Audio...
Society as we know it may very well be on the brink.

Every aspect of the lives we are accustom to may well be thrown in an incinerator. Some say this year, perhaps. Not that the Pandemic was the spark... but it was a spark. Among many. Everything from global health to global wealth, income inequality to wealth distribution, Shipping Crisis, Energy Crisis, Health Crisis...

I am not an alarmist by nature. The warning signs are all around. It will really be a matter of how the cards are dealt that determines the game going forward. The deck is already loaded and shuffled. Our lives were the buy-in and we are on the table, just like the chips.

It may well be a very wild and bumpy ride.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I am beyond frightened by this thread now, it's official. I'm gonna crawl up in the corner in the fetal position now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
We live on an ever changing sphere in the middle of f#%kin’ space and are the only species on it that insists on a life of luxury and permanence with no change. Life IS constant change. Some of it is very challenging and anybody not up for it may as well check out now. Greedy f#%ks get out of control now and then and adjustments are made if not forced upon us altogether all at once. We are all culpable as we have become complacent with cheap foreign labor as America’s cities crumble. So, hike up your trousers and roll up your sleeves. For many, it’s about to get very real. I, however, plan on enjoying a beautiful autumn and winter. If you are able to log onto this site and talk about your system, things ain’t that bad so go kiss a loved one and start working on those holiday recipes and LIVE!:)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
This isn't just about Audio...
Society as we know it may very well be on the brink.

Every aspect of the lives we are accustom to may well be thrown in an incinerator. Some say this year, perhaps. Not that the Pandemic was the spark... but it was a spark. Among many. Everything from global health to global wealth, income inequality to wealth distribution, Shipping Crisis, Energy Crisis, Health Crisis...

I am not an alarmist by nature. The warning signs are all around. It will really be a matter of how the cards are dealt that determines the game going forward. The deck is already loaded and shuffled. Our lives were the buy-in and we are on the table, just like the chips.

It may well be a very wild and bumpy ride.
Myself I do believe all the things you mentioned are intentional being done for all the reasons you say . As a life long coal miner Iam lucky I could retire 5 years ago with all my parts and a good retirement plan that has noticeably don’t go as far as it once did . They don’t want me healthy and comfortable I’ve been in union contract wars since I was 19 I trust none of them Government, Company, and sadly the union i served. Down under the ground you controlled your own destiny with a quick nope I don’t think it’s safe to da that . I like you can see the shite headed to the fan .
I always keep my powder dry !

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
We live on an ever changing sphere in the middle of f#%kin’ space and are the only species on it that insists on a life of luxury and permanence with no change. Life IS constant change. Some of it is very challenging and anybody not up for it may as well check out now. Greedy f#%ks get out of control now and then and adjustments are made if not forced upon us altogether all at once. We are all culpable as we have become complacent with cheap foreign labor as America’s cities crumble. So, hike up your trousers and roll up your sleeves. For many, it’s about to get very real. I, however, plan on enjoying a beautiful autumn and winter. If you are able to log onto this site and talk about your system, things ain’t that bad so go kiss a loved one and start working on those holiday recipes and LIVE!:)
Where I do agree with you is a day where I'm stressed about what speakers I should buy or keep is a GREAT day :) It means i'm not freaking out about work which is the other half the time :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Damn man how did we go from SVS increasing prices to the end of the world as we know it?
:D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Cuz’ high prices feel like the end of the world when you are accustomed to getting things on the cheap.:D Obviously, none of you have tried to fill your tank or buy cigs in So Cal lately.:eek: It’s enough to make one take up drinking. It’s so much cheaper.;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
On a more serious note I do believe we have some problems coming up and they will be painful but not insurmountable. The world has survived a lot and so has humanity well get through this

I'm very disappointed at the media right now because a lot of the issues we have going on right now are self created due to panicking and knee jerk reactions to problems rather then a calm steady approach. And the media has played a huge role in just creating that panic mode.

However and I appreciate TLS Guy pointing some things out a lot over the past year in threads we have got to break off from China controlling manufacturing. In fact we need to stop infighting period in the US because China is going to be a problem in the future

The democrats on the hill have GOT to stop spending money. With all the warning signs people have brought up warning signs which I feel are tied in a lot to the inflation that is starting to show up the worst approach we can do is just create money like it's monopoly to solve them

But even these issues will work themselves out over time

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The government has been overspending in the wrong places for a very long time and they are all whores in Washington, period. Unlike good prostitutes though, the f#%king they keep giving us never feels good. Empires fall, it’s as cyclical as any natural occurrence. Everything old is new again and it may as well be 1921. And we all know what happened just a few years later. Not sure we’ll come back from this one intact but life goes on. Happy Holidays.:p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis