SVS big price increases!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just got an alert that JBL 570s back on sale at $199.. Harmon doesn't seem to care. They might gain some nice share in this time but they are probably leaving money on the table (don't tell them that)
I think Lovin really hit the nail on the head. In economies of scale the big companies can handle this much better then the smaller ID companies. Makes me kindoff worry about some of those companies I hope they can pull through this and weather the storm

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Just got an alert that JBL 570s back on sale at $199.. Harmon doesn't seem to care. They might gain some nice share in this time but they are probably leaving money on the table (don't tell them that)
They probably are losing money on them, but they are making a good profit on pro audio equipment as well as on their flagship product lines. They are also owned by the Korean giant, Samsung Electronics.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Man I'm thinking of ordering these like right now, 1,200 dollar speakers for 400 bucks! I mean how can you beat that. What center would you use with it if you didn't like the one in the model series? How would my RSL CG23 work with these for now?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
For 570s? Just know that those are kind of small towers. For your mains in a larger room I'd go for 580 or 590 if you have the space. But consider the measurements on the 570s. They are good too I'm guessing

I would recommend the Infinity RC263 which is not available right now but likely will be eventually. I have it with 590s and I think it sounds good together even though they are different tweeters. I think Lovin has the same setup? I could be wrong on that completely.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
For 570s? Just know that those are kind of small towers. For your mains in a larger room I'd go for 580 or 590 if you have the space. But consider the measurements on the 570s. They are good too I'm guessing

I would recommend the Infinity RC263 which is not available right now but likely will be eventually. I have it with 590s and I think it sounds good together even though they are different tweeters. I think Lovin has the same setup? I could be wrong on that completely.
For the three front speakers, it is preferable to use the same brand for more homogeneous results.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

Not a huge room, and I think we be perfect height at probably the same height as my bookshelf speakers now just no stand. I like that center, but it's never in stock, that scares me a bit.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's 67% off! I'm tellin' ya, I swear I remember the 590s going for 599/pr at one point in time too.

Speaking of which I see the 590s are currently 50% off right now too.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Man I'm thinking of ordering these like right now, 1,200 dollar speakers for 400 bucks! I mean how can you beat that. What center would you use with it if you didn't like the one in the model series? How would my RSL CG23 work with these for now?

The jbl L-C 2 or the 880 array would work very well I’d say . I used the L-C 2 for years it’s a 4 way design. It has a very forward midrange and is good on dialogue .

Attachments

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I did it, I did it, I ordered. I couldn't help myself. I want to hear this compression driver. I can't believe it, but I did it. Wife is not gonna be too happy but I can smooth her over.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I did it, I did it, I ordered. I couldn't help myself. I want to hear this compression driver. I can't believe it, but I did it. Wife is not gonna be too happy but I can smooth her over.

I can't even give you crap for it, lol. That is a hell of a price. This sale did get me looking up compression drivers earlier and they work a little differently than I originally thought. The surface area of the dome diaphragm is larger than the throat opening and is inverted behind the horn. Totally makes sense to me now. Here's a neat li'l diagram and gif I found that shows it really well.

CompressionDriverFigure1.jpg

250px-Horn_loudspeaker_animation.gif

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I can't even give you crap for it, lol. That is a hell of a price. This sale did get me looking up compression drivers earlier and they work a little differently than I originally thought. The surface area of the dome diaphragm is larger than the throat opening and is inverted behind the horn. Totally makes sense to me now. Here's a neat li'l diagram and gif I found that shows it really well.

View attachment 50496

View attachment 50497
The only thing I know about compression drivers is I heard my buddies PSA speakers with compression drivers and was floored by their dynamics. I could not believe what I was hearing. He has amazing, AMAZING subs though so maybe I was being fooled by how good they actually were.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The jbl L-C 2 or the 880 array would work very well I’d say . I used the L-C 2 for years it’s a 4 way design. It has a very forward midrange and is good on dialogue .
That image does look like a pretty decent center channel, and won't break the bank. Should match up pretty well too I'd think being JBL, but it is a totally different tweeter. Is that Northridge series?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
That image does look like a pretty decent center channel, and won't break the bank. Should match up pretty well too I'd think being JBL, but it is a totally different tweeter. Is that Northridge series?
I'm gonna try the 520C and see how that works. I think I can make it work. Two 4 inch drivers with a compression tweeter sandwiched in a MTM design. I just don't love the two 4 inch drivers.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
It’s got a smaller horn driver at the top then a 1 inch titanium dome tweeter the a I believe a 3 inch midrange flanked by two six inch bass drivers no it’s not a north ridge it from the older L series it mates up with the L-890’s or 880’s it will take a lot of power trust me lol and can be bi-amped and wall mounted too . I thought it was the best I’d herd till I stepped up the Synthesis Array 880 with compression drivers it’s an end game piece for me . I got a mint one up on a storage shelf in the back room that’s identical too this one they are quite large but not as big as the 880 Array.

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I'm gonna try the 520C and see how that works. I think I can make it work. Two 4 inch drivers with a compression tweeter sandwiched in a MTM design. I just don't love the two 4 inch drivers.

I’d ask HD about the 520c I think he has one I’ve not herd good things about it in reviews . Now jbl’s compression driver technology is the best so this might work for you . They need a solid 3 way for this lineup in my opinion. I’d look at the HDI center it’s built right and is definitely more dollars.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I’d ask HD about the 520c I think he has one I’ve not herd good things about it in reviews . Now jbl’s compression driver technology is the best so this might work for you . They need a solid 3 way for this lineup in my opinion. I’d look at the HDI center it’s built right and is definitely more dollars.
That's an idea, the HDI center. Who is HD to ask? Member here?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Anything imported is going to be much more expensive. Costco and Walmart are leasing/buying storage and ships to hold inventory to help control costs.

Good thing I bought my Persona 3F and Center. They went up about 1k PER SPEAKER, and the center went up $500.00. It is going to be across the board and no sign of getting better anytime soon.

These may be the last speakers I ever own, I can't aford to go up market now! Good thing I am loving em :D

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
That's an idea, the HDI center. Who is HD to ask? Member here?

I should have tagged him @lovinthehd iam pretty sure he was not to impressed with it . But ya need to talk with him to get the just of it .

The HDI center would go with them quite well same Compression Driver tech only a little better .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis