Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh boy! I didn't hear the last 3 yet! Subwoofer candy for breakfast again! I tend to make a pig out of myself, but I always floss with something acoustic when I finish.
Do you like 80's horror movies? Then check this tune out: Raydar - Satan. Very beefy kick drums on this tune, as can be seen in the spectrogram.

I really dig the way this one punches you in the chest. Turn this one up!
Oh, don't mind me, just pressurizing @Pogre's ear canals.

Also, here's a nice jungle track with some old school Amen Break percussion and more deep bass into the 20's. Majik - Your Sound

By the way, anyone unfamiliar with the history of the Amen Break should watch this 18-minute video for an interesting history lesson.
Aww... You always know just how to speak to my heart rojo! :p

*Edit: That first one not only pressurized my ear canals, it rearranged a couple of my organs...

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is something very different than other tunes posted thus far: Pete Namlook and Lorenzo Montana - Labyrinth Path I. This is an epic ambient tune clocking in a 20 minutes and was only the first track in a double disc set, and that disc set was only one in a series of five double discs. In other words, it is part of a much greater whole. Unlike most other tunes here this one is very chilled out. Atmosphere is heavily emphasized and percussion plays a smaller role, it has an almost cinematic sound. This is not a tune to get your juices going, this is a tune is very mellow. Very deep bass, and very rich use of low frequency sounds, with bass fundamentals going down to the single digit frequencies, although mostly it hovers around 30 Hz. It is not loud though, because the harmonics of those fundamentals are relatively muted. This tune has polyphonic notation in subwoofer frequencies, which is not common. Anyway, if you need to relax, then dim the lights, grab a glass of your preferred beverage, sit down, and give this recording a try.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Here is something very different than other tunes posted thus far: Pete Namlook and Lorenzo Montana - Labyrinth Path I. This is an epic ambient tune clocking in a 20 minutes and was only the first track in a double disc set, and that disc set was only one in a series of five double discs. In other words, it is part of a much greater whole. Unlike most other tunes here this one is very chilled out. Atmosphere is heavily emphasized and percussion plays a smaller role, it has an almost cinematic sound. This is not a tune to get your juices going, this is a tune is very mellow. Very deep bass, and very rich use of low frequency sounds, with bass fundamentals going down to the single digit frequencies, although mostly it hovers around 30 Hz. It is not loud though, because the harmonics of those fundamentals are relatively muted. This tune has polyphonic notation in subwoofer frequencies, which is not common. Anyway, if you need to relax, then dim the lights, grab a glass of your preferred beverage, sit down, and give this recording a try.
This song sort of reminds me of some parts of the Halo 3 soundtrack... except the snare-ish percussion reminds me of Raiders of the Lost Ark on the Atari 2600.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I prefer coffee with breakfast. :D

It's 6:30 in the morning and I have it cranked up to -15.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I think this is a whole different level. This shakes my loft and I still don't have a sub. Imagine...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think this is a whole different level. This shakes my loft and I still don't have a sub. Imagine...
Very unusual bass sounds on this tune. Here is a spectrogram of that fat 'blurred' bass sound, you can see that the fundamental's subharmonic components mirror its harmonic components:

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Very unusual bass sounds on this tune. Here is a spectrogram of that fat 'blurred' bass sound, you can see that the fundamental's subharmonic components mirror its harmonic components:
I was busy for a couple of days, I didn't see this. I'm happy now that I shared this and thanks for the spectrogram. I was always curious about the low freqs in this song and I do not own any sort of messuring device.

I'll admit, I use this to show off when people come to check my system.

I call it a "brain massaging" low. Almost as if you can feel it on your cortex. Also it comes into your stomach through the furniture you're sitting on.

No matter how small, my LS50's do wonders with this song.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was busy for a couple of days, I didn't see this. I'm happy now that I shared this and thanks for the spectrogram. I was always curious about the low freqs in this song and I do not own any sort of messuring device.

I'll admit, I use this to show off when people come to check my system.

I call it a "brain massaging" low. Almost as if you can feel it on your cortex. Also it comes into your stomach through the furniture you're sitting on.

No matter how small, my LS50's do wonders with this song.
I got the sensation of being buffeted by the wind. Almost like helicopter blades. It was pretty damn cool. I liked it.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is another one form Lorn with an amazing video too - Anvil. Not a continuous bottom dweller in terns of low frequencies, but nice bass, and more importantly, just a good tune with a haunting melody and melancholy video.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Subwoofer candy for breakfast! I like mine with extra hot sauce!

*Edit: At about 3 minutes in these stone structures fall from the sky and they're shaped just like my main speakers, lol.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Something decidedly not mellow: Broken Note - Meltdown. You know how in the future all cars will be self-driving and completely automated? Traffic will be far more efficient, vehicle accidents will be waaaay down, commuting stress will be way down, vehicle reliability will be greatly improved, fuel economy will be improved, delivered goods cost will be slightly improved, in other words, everything will be a lot better. This track is for that inevitable cataclysmic day when all the cars that are hacked by a virus that is set to activate at a certain global time to become homicidal and target humans for death whether it is their occupants or bystanders. It will be one of the most horrific days in human history, and Broken Note's 'Meltdown' is the perfect musical accompaniment for that spectacular yet tragic occasion.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm gonna have to revisit a few of these songs now that I improved my bass response.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Probably not many here will enjoy this tune, but it completely owns me: Current Value - The Good. The kickdrum use here is insane. I love the sense of rhythym it establishes as well as the contrasting ambience. This is one to crank loud. Your loved ones will worry about you when you do, but compared to a tune like this, everyone else in the world is just dead weight anyway!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm gonna have to revisit a few of these songs now that I improved my bass response.
It's funny. When I hit this thread, I was wondering if you were going to do exactly that! And...?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Last two links don't seem to work for me.?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've listened to this one like 5 times now. The bass is very unusual. It kind of reminds me of helicopter blades. Not quite, but that feeling of being buffeted by the wind is what I'm hearing.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Last two links don't seem to work for me.?
These links work for me.
Working for me. Im still waiting for the candy part in the last one... there it is! Holy crap Shady. That kick is insane.
Yeah, it doesn't have the most bass out of all the tunes I have posted here, but I do like the sound of it. A lot of these drum and bass tunes have a long intro because they are intended to be played in a mix, and those intros makes it easier for the DJ's to blend the songs together. I think it still works for for this tune outside of a mix, because it is like the calm before the storm. It's like foreplay with your girlfriend where you think its leading up to some nice sexytime, but instead she pulls out a hammer and starts bashing your skull in.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
It's like foreplay with your girlfriend where you think its leading up to some nice sexytime, but instead she pulls out a hammer and starts bashing your skull in.
I think you might need to reevaluate your relationship Shady!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis