S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a killer tune that vacillates from 50 Hz notes to 30 Hz. Another one from Lorn - stuckinthesystem. This guy is really killing it with nice use of bass. Great bass lines, and thick and heavy sounds. All of his tunes sound like they weigh 10 tons. This is a fun one to play loud.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
For reference, how deep does Prodigy - Minefields dig, about a minute into the track?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
For reference, how deep does Prodigy - Minefields dig, about a minute into the track?

Here is a spectrogram where the bassline kicks in at about 1:10:

The center energy lies just above 40 Hz, probably 43 Hz, you can see a bit more clearly from this FFT taken right as that bassline kicks in and how much energy it has with respect to full scale:

I used to love prodigy back in the day, when I was bigtime into breakbeat techno, back in the early 90's. They still sound great, btw, even more than 25 years on they are still going strong. Holy sh!t that makes me feel old.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Here is a killer tune that vacillates from 50 Hz notes to 30 Hz. Another one from Lorn - stuckinthesystem. This guy is really killing it with nice use of bass. Great bass lines, and thick and heavy sounds. All of his tunes sound like they weigh 10 tons. This is a fun one to play loud.

Hell yes!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Not as deep as some in this thread, but certainly ear nourishing!:)

And these are very well produced IMO, full, thick and rounded (the song may be considered silly)

YouTube won't do'em justice. You need better source. The "sub-nectar" kicks in at 01:19 and there's plenty until the song ends with a pinnacle at 02:20 - this will take the membrane for a walk.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not as deep as some in this thread, but certainly ear nourishing!:)

And these are very well produced IMO, full, thick and rounded (the song may be considered silly)

YouTube won't do'em justice. You need better source. The "sub-nectar" kicks in at 01:19 and there's plenty until the song ends with a pinnacle at 02:20 - this will take the membrane for a walk.
I really like both of these artists. I've liked Prince since I was a teenager, but those songs aren't really what one might consider subwoofer candy! They're a couple of octaves away from the sub part! :p

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I really like both of these artists. I've liked Prince since I was a teenager, but those songs aren't really what one might consider subwoofer candy! They're a couple of octaves away from the sub part! :p
You know, I had a feeling this may be the case.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You know, I had a feeling this may be the case.
both tunes are childhood favorites of mine. I remember 1989, we all loved batman (its still my fav batman movie). I bought the Prince soundtrack on cassette, played it so many times that the tape wore down to nothing, and it sounded like a low-pass filter shaved off everything above 1 kHz. INXS were great too, I had that album as well. Even as a kid I loved how sordid and sleazy that tune sounded. Good stuff!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a fun one for us who remember the 80's fondly: Devilrazor - FUTUREHELL. I love the intro on that tune! Another retro-80's synth tune, but this one has a mean streak, like the soundtrack to the greatest slasher movie never made. Very heavy bass line between 30 Hz and 50 Hz. A good one to get into the Halloween spirit, and also to get you pumped up for the next season of Stranger Things, which comes out later this month.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@shadyJ could you recommend a Lorn album having in mind that the song you linked sounds great to me? I'd like to have more of the same.:)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
@shadyJ could you recommend a Lorn album having in mind that the song you linked sounds great to me? I'd like to have more of the same.:)
If I were you I would look at Vessel or Self Confidence Vol.3 for starters. Lorn has a range of different styles but I think the material on those albums will be more reflective of the stuff that you have enjoyed so far.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Trying to make up! Just let this play. You won't miss the important stuff.:D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Trying to make up! Just let this play. You won't miss the important stuff.:D
There's nothing to make up! I played the songs and enjoyed them. They were just a little lacking in the bass department for a subwoofer candy thread! :)

*Edit: This one bumps! Ima do a graph.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There's nothing to make up! I played the songs and enjoyed them. They were just a little lacking in the bass department for a subwoofer candy thread! :)

*Edit: This one bumps! Ima do a graph.
Houston, we have subwoofer candy!
kd1.png
kd.png

In the beginning of this song the bass pulses like this at ~60hz, then drops to the 40's (pictured in the first graph). You can still feel it in your chest pretty good even at the beginning of the song. This song surprised me tho because it does get deeper as it goes as you can see above. Well into the low 30's/high 20's. Now that is sub candy!

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a tune I like that isn't really powerful in bass, but has a healthy amount of low-frequency content and sounds great when you run the subs hot: Axius Link - KOHCTAHTA. I like this crazy fan-made eye-scorchingly colorful music video as well.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a classic D'n'B track: Noisia and Mayhem - Moonway Renegade. It's a breakbeat tune about a kung-fu fight, and it is pretty epic. The syncopated percussion rhythms and punchy bass line seem to mimic a well-choreographed kung-fu fight. This track is great fun for the sub, so run the LFE hot! This is soul music for an action junkie.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis