S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is what the brits call a 'rinse', a real head-banger: Current Value - Consciousness. A brutal drum'n'bass tune that they just don't make anymore. Blistering, ferocious percussion. This is what you listen to when you are on speed so you can get your nerve up to rob a convenience store for money to buy more speed with.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a fat, chunky, menacing bass line for you: Isidor - Wave Rider. A very 80's feel to this tune. It reminds me of some of the video games I used to play in the arcades back then. We had Aladdin's Castle, a killer arcade at the closest mall to us, man I loved that place as a kid. My favorite games were Narc and Altered Beast. I also liked Smash TV and the double dragon games. I honestly miss those days, even though the toys I have at home now are way way better.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't posted any new subwoofer candy in a while, but I discovered a piece recently that I think fits pretty nicely. It will stand out from many of the choices in it is a wonderful piece of music and song as well as a subwoofer thrashing piece. On top of that, the lady who performs the song is the daughter of a friend of ours. He recently lost his battle with cancer, but his daughter is destined to kick many subwoofers inside out. The subwoofer smashing starts at about the 1:00 minute mark.

LINDSEY STIRLING CRYSTALIZE

It goes without saying, turn it up to 11 for best affect. I am out of practice at putting in the frequency analysis. I'm sure it will look pretty cool.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't posted any new subwoofer candy in a while, but I discovered a piece recently that I think fits pretty nicely. It will stand out from many of the choices in it is a wonderful piece of music and song as well as a subwoofer thrashing piece. On top of that, the lady who performs the song is the daughter of a friend of ours. He recently lost his battle with cancer, but his daughter is destined to kick many subwoofers inside out. The subwoofer smashing starts at about the 1:00 minute mark.

It goes without saying, turn it up to 11 for best affect. I am out of practice at putting in the frequency analysis. I'm sure it will look pretty cool.
I believe this is the punishment to which Buck was referring:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Now I get to hear it on my system! That song is fun and you're right, she's beautiful too.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Now I get to hear it on my system! That song is fun and you're right, she's beautiful too.
let me know how it goes with the twins ! Her catalog has a great number of other tunes for bassheads.
She has a song called "Phoenix" that also slams pretty hard. I have 3 of her CD's and they all have at least a few that should make your twins happy.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is some more retro-new-wave with such fat beats and bass line: Tonebox - Celestial Breakdown. The kick drums and bass here sounds so chunky, if the tunes in this thread really were candy, this would be a big mouthful of a extra-large Baby Ruth candybar. It's simultaneously nasty and delicious.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Got the house to myself this morning, so I'm cranking the subwoofer channel to +9 ('Murica style) and checking out some of the tracks in this thread I haven't had a chance to savor properly yet.

Also, I found another tasty track. Changing Faces - Emptiness has been giving me a massage this morning. It's another example of what shady would call Sunday morning dnb -- no dissonance or spice to speak of, just airy sustained chords with a driving beat and enough bass to peg out the VU meter.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ahh... the fresh smell of subwoofer candy first thing in the morning. Life is good.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Got the house to myself this morning, so I'm cranking the subwoofer channel to +9 ('Murica style) and checking out some of the tracks in this thread I haven't had a chance to savor properly yet.

Also, I found another tasty track. Changing Faces - Emptiness has been giving me a massage this morning. It's another example of what shady would call Sunday morning dnb -- no dissonance or spice to speak of, just airy sustained chords with a driving beat and enough bass to peg out the VU meter.

This one is making my ears feel like they need to pop. In a good way!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@rojo

I'm still listening to that same channel you posted and some of the songs after Changing Faces really dig deep! I'm on the third song now. I'm just letting it keep playing.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai

My favorite Lindsey Stirling song is a cover of Radioactive she did with Pentatonix.

And speaking of Pentatonix, their bass singer Avi Kaplan is a human subwoofer.

In the Daft Punk medley, Avi does this at around 02:25:

And toward the end of "Somebody That I Used To Know", this happens:

That's a human voice. Human voices aren't supposed to reach that deep.

Bad news though. I just read that Avi is leaving Pentatonix. I wonder how or whether the band will survive without him. Bassi profundi like Avi don't grow on trees.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a dubstep tune with a killer sound: District - Antidote. The fundamental is just a repetitive pounding around 40 Hz, but there is this instrumental buzz that swirls and tears around it, and it sounds great. Great tune to play loud if you like a nice menacing sound. Cool use of stereo panning, that would really come out in headphones, but of course you miss the chest punch with headphones.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Do you like 80's horror movies? Then check this tune out: Raydar - Satan. Very beefy kick drums on this tune, as can be seen in the spectrogram.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So many great tunes used the Amen breaks. On the second page of this thread, post #29, I posted one of my all time favs, the DJ Trace remix of Babylon by Splash. That reminds me I really should be posting more of the classics of old skool jungle, so many gems, but they just don't push the subs as hard as newer music. Hell, if it is a good tune and it has any bass whatsoever, it should be here!

Here is an all-time classic that could ease anyone into a Sunday night: LTJ Bukem - Music. Years ago, something I did to relax was I used to get in my car, queue up jungle mixes like Bukem's, and drive a loop around Chicago via Lakeshore Ave and I-90, and I usually did this from midnight to 2 AM. No traffic, just me, the city, and the tunes! It was a great drive. That is something I did at night if I had a headache, and it was a complete cure for the headache, better than any aspirin. I supposed I stopped doing that after gas prices went way up. Anyway, this kind of music is still the greatest cruising music!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis