Streamer only advice? High end? Accepts Amazon Music?

Thad

Thad

Enthusiast
I'm searching knowledge on a high end streamer without a DAC.
I'm interested in separating the two for learning and the experience.
My somewhat guilty catch is the I'm still fond of Amazon music.
I'm pondering building my own with IanCanada type things.

Advice on high end streamer only?

I'm fairly happy with my current DAC.
I'm interested in learning and experiencing the changes in each separate component.

I'm currently using
NVIDIA PRO for streaming.
Connected USB into EMOTIVA XDA-3 DAC (Sabre)
Balanced into EMOTIVA XPA-DR1 Monoblock's.
and then fairly revealing speakers.
Carnegie CST-1's.
and an SVS SB-1000 sub.
I have fairly good interconnects and speaker cables.

As I'm interested in using Amazon music.... Mostly because I like to take my playlist into the car, and shaving room...

Should I dump Amazon?

Do higher end streamers really improve the sound?

I've recently experienced nice improvements with well positioned speakers, amp headroom, nicer interconnects, and also nicer speaker cables.

Clean streamer advice?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is a hi-end streamer particularly? One that costs thousands but has no more functionality than something much less expensive? What does your nvidia pro not do for you?

If you think your interconnects and speaker cables are "fairly good" not sure what you know about such.

Most audio quality resides in your speakers and room. Amp power can be good. The speaker cables and interconnects only need to be adequate for the job, they're not particularly important.

Thad

Thad

Enthusiast
What is a hi-end streamer particularly? One that costs thousands but has no more functionality than something much less expensive? What does your nvidia pro not do for you?

If you think your interconnects and speaker cables are "fairly good" not sure what you know about such.

Most audio quality resides in your speakers and room. Amp power can be good. The speaker cables and interconnects only need to be adequate for the job, they're not particularly important.
Ok, thanks

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I'm searching knowledge on a high end streamer without a DAC.
I'm interested in separating the two for learning and the experience.
My somewhat guilty catch is the I'm still fond of Amazon music.
I'm pondering building my own with IanCanada type things.

Advice on high end streamer only?

I'm fairly happy with my current DAC.
I'm interested in learning and experiencing the changes in each separate component.

I'm currently using
NVIDIA PRO for streaming.
Connected USB into EMOTIVA XDA-3 DAC (Sabre)
Balanced into EMOTIVA XPA-DR1 Monoblock's.
and then fairly revealing speakers.
Carnegie CST-1's.
and an SVS SB-1000 sub.
I have fairly good interconnects and speaker cables.

As I'm interested in using Amazon music.... Mostly because I like to take my playlist into the car, and shaving room...

Should I dump Amazon?

Do higher end streamers really improve the sound?

I've recently experienced nice improvements with well positioned speakers, amp headroom, nicer interconnects, and also nicer speaker cables.

Clean streamer advice?
I use a raspberry PI for streaming Roon content right now. (I have read you can use Volumio for Amazon). I did have a Holo Red Streamer and I can say there was no difference in sound between the $150 Pi vs. the $800 Red going into my S.M.S.L DAC. The red was a thing of beauty being made out of a block of aluminum but I put the funds from selling toward my new integrated amp.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I use a WIIM Pro Plus which is a good streamer with a nice AKM DAC. It cost me $229 last year might have gone up since then. If you don't need a decent internal DAC, then the WIIM Pro might be a nice option at around $150. Happy hunting and BTW I mostly listen to my WIIM with Amazon high-def music these days. Even though I have a nice TT and CD player.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I use a WIIM Pro Plus which is a good streamer with a nice AKM DAC. It cost me $229 last year might have gone up since then. If you don't need a decent internal DAC, then the WIIM Pro might be a nice option at around $150. Happy hunting and BTW I mostly listen to my WIIM with Amazon high-def music these days. Even though I have a nice TT and CD player.
Doh. I have a WiiM amp and forgot it will do Amazon! Any WiiM device is a great buy.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Doh. I have a WiiM amp and forgot it will do Amazon! Any WiiM device is a great buy.
Glad I could help. BTW Amazon Music is free with a prime membership and it's $10 extra for unlimited. And the WIIM has a nice 8 band equalizer option in the APP.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis